(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, happy said:

In 2012 when Hearts beat us in the 4th. round I wished them all the best and that I hope they go on and lift the cup.

The same will be said on Saturday should Ayr win.

Not that I actually think that will happen,.......for the first time ever..!!!!!!!!!!    :)

So it would be fair to say,Talbot have the same chance of beating Ayr (for the first time ever) as Ayr have of winning the thing.

We at Auchinleck have nothing to loose on Saturday.For us it really is all about taking part in the cup at this stage.

I hope you all enjoy your day out at the game.:)   Eeka peeka.

Looking back on that Hearts run, Talbot gave them as tough a test as anyone, certainly more than Hibs in the final. They also had the biggest support at Tyncastle That season in the cup. Hearts hosted St Johnstone and St Mirren in rounds 5&6, The total away attendance for those two games doubled still never matched Talbot’s Tyncastle turnout.

Cannot wait for Saturday! 

17 hours ago, davie talbot said:

Shouldn't matter how many injuries ayr have .ayr should still be winning this tie with a bit to spare but then again it's cup football you just never no

Pretty much word for word my thoughts on the game

22 hours ago, happy said:

In 2012 when Hearts beat us in the 4th. round I wished them all the best and that I hope they go on and lift the cup.

The same will be said on Saturday should Ayr win.

Not that I actually think that will happen,.......for the first time ever..!!!!!!!!!!    :)

So it would be fair to say,Talbot have the same chance of beating Ayr (for the first time ever) as Ayr have of winning the thing.

We at Auchinleck have nothing to loose on Saturday.For us it really is all about taking part in the cup at this stage.

I hope you all enjoy your day out at the game.:)   Eeka peeka.

Was talking to a Hearts fan at my work today. He said that Auchinleck should have had a penalty when they played Hearts. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Was talking to a Hearts fan at my work today. He said that Auchinleck should have had a penalty when they played Hearts. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves on Saturday.

Forget a penalty, we scored an equaliser in the last minute that was wrongly ruled offside. The player who scored was not offside but that didn't even matter as the forward pass was made by a Hearts player

Archived