Queens v Partick

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A much needed three points, but as Dobbie homed in on goal, had I been offered a deal that said he scores, but does his hamstring, I don't suppose I'd have taken it.

Looked like a bad one. I’m praying it’s not too bad but it didn’t look good :(

We were poor as usual. Should have had pen in the last minute (we would’ve missed tbh).
Sorry but there is absolutely no way you can say that from our angle. The highlights will clear it up but from our side we can't be sure. The linesman would have had a better view than anyone and didn't give it.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, Reid said:
We were poor as usual. Should have had pen in the last minute (we would’ve missed tbh).

Sorry but there is absolutely no way you can say that from our angle. The highlights will clear it up but from our side we can't be sure. The linesman would have had a better view than anyone and didn't give it.

This, I doubt any of the fans had a particularly good view of it. I certainly saw a Thistle player (Spittal) go up in the air and to be honest, if there was enough contact to make him go up the way he did I would have thought it would have been pretty obvious to the ref and linesman - who he went over and consulted before confirming the goal kick.

Thistle might feel hard done by to lose but other than a routine save first half and a header, from a set piece, cleared off the line second they created very little, even in the way of half chances. I thought Queens were sloppy, particularly in possession, but we created a few half chances.

Well the win is a small consolation for a massive loss. Hopefully it's not too serious but if it's a 6 week job we have a long couple of months ahead of us. We'll see if we really do rely on Dobbie that much (we do).

Thistle are really poor and we didn't look much better. A draw would have been fair. Thistle created little but we hardly had their 'keeper sweating either.

It's another tired cliche but I wonder if McLean genuinely did leave his cards at home. Stirling and Harkins should have received easy yellows and the Thistle No. 2 practically karate kicked Todd in the first half. And if it's not a penalty he absolutely has to book the boy for the dramatic dive.

Dykes easily our best player but Fordyce did little wrong either.

Don't think I've ever felt as down after a win :(

Poor fare overall with both teams having spells on top but creating very little. Queens possibly had the better of the half chances, we hit the post twice, but it looked like it was heading for the 0-0 it deserved to be until Dobbie did was Dobbie does. Very strong shout for a Thistle penalty at the death.

It was a very lackadaisical performance from us, particularly at the start of both halves. You can’t help but feel that if each player upped their performance levels even a few percent we would have had a more comfortable afternoon.

Dykes was immense and a deserved MotM. He was our best attacking player and arguably our best defensively as well putting in a hell of a shift. Take note messrs Todd, Stirling and Harkins.

Great to get the win, but obviously it has come at a cost.

Ground out win. Fortunate to win it. Nothing in the game although Thistle probably had the best chances before the goal. Dobbie did what Dobbie does though, one chance, 1-0. Poorest of our last three home League games but the only one we won. 

I didnt have a great view on the penalty shout but I am told by those who have seen the video that its a clear penalty and we dodged a bullet.

Dobbie went off with a hamstring. Need to wait and see how bad it is. :(

31 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Poor fare overall with both teams having spells on top but creating very little. Queens possibly had the better of the half chances, we hit the post twice, 

Genuinely baffled by this.

I don't recall us hitting the post even once.   What incidents are you referring to?  

Am I being somehow whooshed, or did I actually nod off at one point without noticing?

Genuinely baffled by this.
I don't recall us hitting the post even once.   What incidents are you referring to?  

Am I being somehow whooshed, or did I actually nod off at one point without noticing?

Fordyce hit a ball in and Dykes headed it onto the outside of the post.

We have played better like against Morton and got nothing from the game so great to win .

We struggled to keep the ball Thistle passed it much better  deserved at least a point had the better chances great save from Martin and good  from Marshall to clear off the line .

Dykes hit the post with a diving header Dobbie had a shot well saved  before the goal which came out of nothing great finish from Dobbie 

Dobbie looks to have done his hamstring hopefully not bad but he could not put any weight on it not a good sign looks bad .

Thought it was a pen for Thistle amazed it was not given 

Archived