Snake lovers v The Snakeless Morton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't choose to sit in the ba-crunching cold and watch that today (six or seven-hour drive and 60 notes on petrol v. radio + log-burner was a no-contest), so I'm not going to lecture anybody who did... All I'll say is that the couple of hours or so after watching a shit Morton performance isn't the time to come to rational conclusions about what should happen next; if we changed manager after every shit performance, we'd have had about 400* managers this century... (over which period I've spent most time watching Morton games somewhere between low-level frustration and actual seethe...).

We are poor, the league is poor, Johansson might well turn out to be poor... but haud the fuckin bus. Nobody's talking about him getting to do a 'rebuild' in January, but it's perfectly reasonable to delay making an absolute judgement on him until we've seen what we look like after he's been able to turn over two or three players to make an unbalanced squad more able to support the way he wants to play. I'd bet money on that being basically more direct and 4-4-2...

Four points from the next two games and we'll be fourth at the turn of the year; zero or one and we'll be dragged back into the dugmeat zone... been like that more or less all season... very little to do with the manager imo...

[*conservative estimate]

Another poor performance against a poor Morton side who were happy at us not being 3 points closer at the end of the 90.

You could have hooked Sammut, Bauben & Paton after 20 mins. As the 3 in the middle were completely ineffectual. Yet Irving made zero difference when introduced.

Robson was best by far, the keeper excusable too as, double save late on excepted, he had virtually nothing to do.

That's 2 points taken from games where we could have taken 6, if we had application & desire.

I didn't choose to sit in the ba-crunching cold and watch that today (six or seven-hour drive and 60 notes on petrol v. radio + log-burner was a no-contest), so I'm not going to lecture anybody who did... All I'll say is that the couple of hours or so after watching a shit Morton performance isn't the time to come to rational conclusions about what should happen next; if we changed manager after every shit performance, we'd have had about 400* managers this century... (over which period I've spent most time watching Morton games somewhere between low-level frustration and actual seethe...).

We are poor, the league is poor, Johansson might well turn out to be poor... but haud the fuckin bus. Nobody's talking about him getting to do a 'rebuild' in January, but it's perfectly reasonable to delay making an absolute judgement on him until we've seen what we look like after he's been able to turn over two or three players to make an unbalanced squad more able to support the way he wants to play. I'd bet money on that being basically more direct and 4-4-2...

Four points from the next two games and we'll be fourth at the turn of the year; zero or one and we'll be dragged back into the dugmeat zone... been like that more or less all season... very little to do with the manager imo...

[*conservative estimate]

Bollocks. The rational conclusion can be made by anyone who watched that turgid dross today. Snake McKinnon for the home team had the excuse of having to deal with a shower of dross; TTGJ has none to explain that truly pathetic showing with a much better squad. A verdict that can also be applied to the vast majority of games since he took over. If it were a case of a Morton team playing well, creating lots of chances and not converting them then you’d have a point. That didn’t happen today and never does under TTGJ’s gormless gameplan.

There’s also absolutely nothing to suggest that he’s about to switch to a 4-4-2 - who would play out wide in those four slots from January?

For all the talk of getting points in the next few games we are now winless in five. If you’re not even going to come close to beating the worst team in the league today then playing fixture list predictions is an exercise in failure.

He’s hopelessly out of his depth.

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Well that was awful. I’d be worried if I were a Morton fan and they don’t make any signings as they have been woeful twice we’ve played them now. Morton’s midfield is easily better than ours and yet the did nothing creatively. We’re poor, we’ve known that since August however Morton are dreadful.

Thanks for your concern! 

We also know we are pretty shite but yet we have took 4 points from 6 against you, we have 9 more points than you, we are only 1 point off 4th despite being piss poor and we will also strengthen in Jan, getting rid of some of the shite your current manager signed.

So in summary, worry about your own affairs, you have much bigger problems than us. 

2 hours ago, centralTon said:

I had 5 x £2 fourfolds and a £2 fivefold on all the games being draws, paid £1,887.90.

Pleasing.

That’s a very nice outcome. Haven’t had one as good that for years.......well, truth be told, never.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s a very nice outcome. Haven’t had one as good that for years.......well, truth be told, never.

I often put this bet on as games in our league can be tight. Have had 4 draws up a few times and one of those times was when a Ross Co v Morton game was called off, got paid out for the fourfold, but when the game was eventually played it was a 2-2 draw. When I saw the fixtures this weekend, I said to my son that I fancied all 5 to be draws.

Thanks for your concern! 
We also know we are pretty shite but yet we have took 4 points from 6 against you, we have 9 more points than you, we are only 1 point off 4th despite being piss poor and we will also strengthen in Jan, getting rid of some of the shite your current manager signed.
So in summary, worry about your own affairs, you have much bigger problems than us. 

On the basis of today’s Finnish James Grady produced shambles we’ll be closer to Falkirk than we’ll be to the promotion playoffs at the end of this season. Which is absolutely unacceptable.

But you keep believing that a crap manager and a gormless coach is going to massively improve the squad through the transfer market because reasons.

42 minutes ago, madton said:

Thanks for your concern! 

We've gained 6 points on you, over the past five games, with our weakest squad in decades. I can understand why you're getting so worked up.

Thanks for your concern! 

A wee bit snippy here!

We have known for over 4 months that we have our worst team since Morton were last in the top league and Star Wars was a new release.

The boy was simply and correctly pointing out that your lot are almost but not quite as rank rotten (though if anything they were worse today).

1 hour ago, virginton said:

On the basis of today’s Finnish James Grady produced shambles we’ll be closer to Falkirk than we’ll be to the promotion playoffs at the end of this season. Which is absolutely unacceptable.

But you keep believing that a crap manager and a gormless coach is going to massively improve the squad through the transfer market because reasons.

I've got no reason to believe he won't, none of us do at this stage. What we do know is that he will be given the chance to do so, so you might as well accept it

We can judge the success of his signings in a few months. If it goes tits up, then he will be out the door.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^ idiot found

The truly horrific thing about today was the performance that TTGJ mustered - and seemed bizarrely content with - from his side against the worst team in the division. Mustering a first shot on target after 85 minutes is a truly abysmal showing.

The simple fact of the matter is that he is as hopelessly out of his depth as James Grady was in the same dugout. He’s failing with the squad available to him and hasn’t earned the trust to build his own team.

In reality, those who happy-clap utter failure like yourself are the problem within this once-proud fanbase and nobody else. I bet you gormlessly clung onto Jim McInally like a limpet as well.

The club was right to gamble with the choice of manager. It would also be right to cut its losses when the man in question is evidently clueless at his job. It’s really not that difficult to grasp tbh, but here we are.

Firstly, I was about 13 when Jim McInally was in charge and don’t remember really caring if he stayed or went.

I’ll take your other comments on board. 

Falkirk are indeed the worst team in the division, also the first team in what seemed like a century to get points off Caley Thistle and a point off Ross County. If nothing else the snake may have made them a bit more stuffy and more difficult to break down. Having not watched the rest of their games I can’t say but their recent form suggests they have become slightly less gubbins.

Im more than willing to accept that there have been a few shocking results in the past few months for us. But we’re still only a point outside the playoffs despite having an average season. All I’m saying is that I don’t see what emptying Johansson at this stage and hiring someone else is really going to bring.

He may bring in some absolute duds in the transfer market, in which case we start getting sucked into a relegation scrap and I concede I was wrong, and take the hounding I’d be rightfully deserving of. But surely any manager should at least be afforded that opportunity.

Thanks for your concern!  We also know we are pretty shite but yet we have took 4 points from 6 against you, we have 9 more points than you, we are only 1 point off 4th despite being piss poor and we will also strengthen in Jan, getting rid of some of the shite your current manager signed.

Some of the shite that had you winning games and sitting pretty at the top of the league unbeaten? Albeit only a month or so into the season. You’ve taken 4 points against the worst team in the league, 3 of them aided by arguably the worst keeper in Falkirk’s history. FWIW I still think we’ll finish above Morton come the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Alright dickhead, explain why he's earned patience after months of terrible results.

"intensive purposes"

Okay fair enough, a bit arsey in that comment from me. Maybe just too overly optimistic or a “happy clapper” but I don’t honesty think this team is sinking without a trace and in disarray. Devoid of consistency as it stands yes, but we’re still picking up points here and there and as I said, still only a point outside the playoffs despite a very average season. As ive said to VT, if he recruits poorly and we start to sink without a trace, by all means give me a hounding. But surely he deserves at least a chance to get some players to change it up. Again, maybe I’m too optimistic, but I don’t think that team is in dire need of a rebuild.

34 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Some of the shite that had you winning games and sitting pretty at the top of the league unbeaten? Albeit only a month or so into the season. You’ve taken 4 points against the worst team in the league, 3 of them aided by arguably the worst keeper in Falkirk’s history. FWIW I still think we’ll finish above Morton come the end of the season.

I get that too but f**k knows why?

Morton are really dreadful TBF.

After THREE games. Which included throwing away a two goal lead at home, and beating a newly promoted team.

Archived