Queens v Dunfermline

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter shite as expected. Not looking even remotely dangerous.

If Dunfermline are going to win this, 2 goals before the hour would be smashing so I can go home.

Stirling needs to make an appearance so we have some kind of attacking threat.

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
I don't think there are even 700 people here.

Thank god we didn't call it off and reschedule for a midweek

That would also have seen a poor gate.

It makes much more sense to play a scheduled Saturday fixture if conditions allow.  It's a horrible day, but the predicted extreme weather has not yet arrived.

Utter shite as expected. Not looking even remotely dangerous.

If Dunfermline are going to win this, 2 goals before the hour would be smashing so I can go home.

Stirling needs to make an appearance so we have some kind of attacking threat.

Don’t be silly GN will be delighted with a 0-0.

The last thing he wants is someone who might actually try and create something.

That would also have seen a poor gate.
It makes much more sense to play a scheduled Saturday fixture if conditions allow.  It's a horrible day, but the predicted extreme weather has not yet arrived.
After what we've just watched, you have to admit that's just wrong.

When was the last midweek gate under 800?

If any team deserved to win then it was Dunfermline, Qots were much like they were at EEP except this time we didn't gift a goal. 

Grim conditions but I reckon the game was correct to go ahead, call games off for that and it's a dangerous precedent. 

Two shite teams competing in a dreadful game of football, as expected. Dunfermline had the chances (I'd normally say 'better chances' but considering we had none it wouldn't make sense) but apart from two very good saves by Martin, they never really had a spell where they looked like scoring.

Stirling must be shitting in Naysmith's tea again. Absolutely no threat from us all game and he's nowhere to be seen. Sitting in at the death against a side 3 places below us is absolutely appalling stuff. Pretty similar stuff to the Partick game except we never had our gamechanger.

We're not a one man team though.

The conditions were shocking. Close to be big called off.

Queens are not a possession side hence most games we hit teams on the break. So without Dobbie it will be a struggle.

Martin Semple Fordyce all dug in to keep us as solid as possible. 

Dobbie being out appears to necessitate moving Doyle from CB to right mid and therefore having 5 defenders in the starting 10 outfield players. Seems to suggest that Naysmith  thinks we won’t score without Dobbie so we have to try first and foremost to not concede. However, if you take another attacking player out and replace him with a defender, you reduce the chances of scoring even more.

Is that Dykes one booking away from a suspension? If he does get suspended, God knows what the line-up will be like if he’s out at the same time as Dobbie.  Naysmith will maybe need to phone Levein to find out how 4-6-0 works.

Two shite teams competing in a dreadful game of football, as expected. Dunfermline had the chances (I'd normally say 'better chances' but considering we had none it wouldn't make sense) but apart from two very good saves by Martin, they never really had a spell where they looked like scoring.

Stirling must be shitting in Naysmith's tea again. Absolutely no threat from us all game and he's nowhere to be seen. Sitting in at the death against a side 3 places below us is absolutely appalling stuff. Pretty similar stuff to the Partick game except we never had our gamechanger.

We're not a one man team though.

I may be wrong but I suspect that after playing well for most of the season, scoring a vital goal last week and being omitted from a home game today - Stirling has possibly shown an adverse reaction. At 0-0 he would have been an overwhelming choice as first sub (in my view an overwhelming choice to start the game)but the fact that he was overlooked would point to a potential disagreement.

GN did say in his post match comments last week that Andy Stirling has every right to be annoyed at his exclusion so he can’t be surprised at any displeasure that might have been expressed.

The conditions were shocking. Close to be big called off.
Queens are not a possession side hence most games we hit teams on the break. So without Dobbie it will be a struggle.
Martin Semple Fordyce all dug in to keep us as solid as possible. 

Thought Marshall never put a foot wrong either. Martin thoroughly deserving of his award. Good to see.

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If any team deserved to win then it was Dunfermline, Qots were much like they were at EEP except this time we didn't gift a goal. 

Grim conditions but I reckon the game was correct to go ahead, call games off for that and it's a dangerous precedent. 

I dont think anyone was suggesting the game should have been called off just due to the conditions at the ground.

However, turn that around and consider if the game had been called off this morning when the supporters buses were advised not to travel. No one would have been looking out of their window in Dumfries this afternoon thinking "we should be playing football in this"

As expected we had no goal threat without Dobbie  

Amazed Stirling did not start or even come on as a sub 

Dunfermline looked the most likely side to score we just don't seem to be able to pass the ball through midfield we have no pace in the team in saying that all the players gave 100% in what was a terrible day for football 

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Don’t be silly GN will be delighted with a 0-0.

The last thing he wants is someone who might actually try and create something.

I think Naymsith showed his mindset for today's game when he (quite rightly) took Frizzell off, but replaced him with Norman instead of  Stirling.

Awful weather, awful game. Dunfermline were the better side. Today's winners were the guys who had their bus cancelled and stayed at home.

Archived