Queens v Dunfermline

A bit rubbish that buses have been cancelled on police advice. We don't seem to live in an era of personal responsibility any more. The roads may be icy, there may be sleet and snow, there may be high winds but we live in Scotland and this weather is pretty normal at this time of year. It's also annoying how vague "Don't travel unless it is necessary" means. When we had that same warning last year, almost everyone was still expected to go into work and schools, offices, shopping centres and the like were all open as normal. The police once called off a Dunfermline v Raith game due to "unsafe conditions around the ground" but the retail park up the road, the cinema complex and the town centre were all seen as safe enough for many more thousands of people to use. How many Pars fans will head down now, less than 100? Even less? I'm sure a few who would have went by car will have been put off by this news.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an ‘away’ Queens fan, I’ve decided not to go, taking the advice on this occasion. I selfishly now want the game called off,  although on balance it is probably better it goes ahead, albeit with a depleted crowd.

Despite the fact that we will be without Messrs Dobbie and Harkins I was amazed to see that several bookies have Dunfermline priced up as favourites for this game at around 6/5. Clearly the absence of these two players is a big negative for us but Dunfermline’s form of late hardly justifies a short priced favourite’s tag away from home??

I must admit I was expecting to see us at around 6/4 max but we are over 2/1 with all bookies.

I just wonder whether they know something that we don’t? Hopefully we are not set to field 2/3 trialists from the Lowland League or we have a virus outbreak that is unreported? These prices simply don’t stack up but when these “rogue” figures emerge you have to be very sceptical.

Seen these prices this morning and amazed Queens were over 2/1 waiting on line ups before I decide on it

12 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Seen these prices this morning and amazed Queens were over 2/1 waiting on line ups before I decide on it

Put your mortgage on it if the game goes ahead. 

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Martin

Mercer, Fordyce, Semple, Marshall

Doyle, Harkins, Jacobs, Frizzell,

Todd, Dykes.

Subs Leighfield, Murray, Stirling, Norman, Bell.

Slightly surprised Stirling doesnt start after he did well as a sub last week

This. I would have gone

Martin

Mercer, Doyle, Semple, Marshall

Stirling, Harkins, Jacobs, Frizzell,

Todd, Dykes.

Although we got a draw last week, the team that started was losing and it only changed after Stirling came on.  However, will be happy to be proved wrong

It’s the consistent exclusion of Norman I don’t get. He’s been tremendous every game I’ve seen and exactly what’s needed in the middle of the park. I’d imagine he regrets joining us.

Frizzell going from behind Murray in the first sub used pecking order, to a starter, is also very strange.

Archived