Smokies v Rovers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

My own site???

Oh you knew what I meant, anyway your mob are next so get yourself some  some KY jelly, your mob are gonna need it next Sat as  its Least Fife's turn next!

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A. Made all the wrong choices the day. Doris shooting right at the start instead of rolling it to Linn probably the worst, positive Bobby would've scored and it's different game

B. Raith deserved it, sending off a joke, first one was hardly a foul never mind a booking and second one was soft but not a dive. Tough ask to get anything out game after that

A You got out of bed.

B. Even Dick agreed that it was a deserved 2nd booking.  (he said so to Ross Matthew parents!) 

Always get a few hotheads who will criticise at the earliest opportunity. Put into context 10 points clear at the top after half the season is remarkable for a part time club like ours. If we had won today it would have been interesting to see the Rovers hotheads reaction. Would it have been chairs getting chucked around again? Calm head needed now. Not the time to panic. Get behind the lichties next Saturday and get us back on track.

Cannot fault arbroath for the first half of the season. We did have a massive problem to overcome in Smith, his unblanaced squad and his choosing to further hamper that squad by playing injured players (duggan for example) but that was a great run for any team to go on, doesn't matter if pt/ft.

We are now at almost a full squad available for the first time this season. If mcglynn is backed in January as seems the case then I fully expect us to continue to improve. Hopefully you drop a few points here and there and the rest of the games between us can continue to be decent fun.

The chair weilding idiot barely attends our games. He's an alcoholic and a joke in all honesty.

Firmly in the lichties hands but hopefully that gives you enough of a wobble to allow us to close the gap some more.

I'm really glad that the wee chubby steward in the main stand has been on the relevant courses.

Whilst chiding naughty people who were swearing, his reaction was to inform everyone, 'This is a family stand, there's no swearing here, if you want to swear, stand behind the goal'

I think he was confused with the policy on approved smoking areas.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm really glad that the wee chubby steward in the main stand has been on the relevant courses.

Whilst chiding naughty people who were swearing, his reaction was to inform everyone, 'This is a family stand, there's no swearing here, if you want to swear, stand behind the goal'

I think he was confused with the policy on approved smoking areas.

Thank f**k I chose to stand behind the b*****d goals then. 

Full time players 10 points behind a bunch of part time players at Xmas,  Embarrassing how the mighty Raith have fallen, Especially when we seem to be such a massive scalp for them
It's not the end of the season is it?

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Quite embarrassing that from Swankie in all honesty. Really glad the referee, Lloyd Wilson, who was excellent all afternoon, saw through Arbroath’s underhand tactics.

Glad it was highlighted on RaithTV. The number of times we'd see the likes of Armstrong and Flanagan beat their man, only to get shoved down once they'd run clear was ridiculous. 

A few points about the game on seeing the highlights. Firstly, we absolutely should've had more goals and it wouldn't have been unfair to have been 3 or 4. There's something about Grant Gillespie that I absolutely love as a fan. Both during and after the game he was quite happy to interact with the fans who were on his side. Arbroath's line up was utterly bizarre defensively, and it wouldn't surprise me if Colin Hamilton will be clutching a bottle of Glens tonight rocking back and forth given how much he was tormented by Armstrong.  

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

Wasn't at the game but that's the first post that doesn't come across as completely bitter from an arbroath pov.

From what I have been told mcglynn had his tactics spot on today. Excellent free kick for the opener. As said above, no 'keeper would be saving that.

Except for the more physical. Whoever the No7 for Arbroath is he was on at least 2 occasions just missed leg breaking challenges on players with two footed tackles.

2 minutes ago, Gayf78 said:

I hope we are able to appeal swankie’s red card because the highlights clearly show it wasn’t a dive, the first booking wasn’t even a foul he got the ball.

Don't be fucking stupid, you can't appeal a yellow card.

1 hour ago, liam_barnett said:

Arbroath's version - 

Good to see the grey haired old boy with the red jacket again down the front at Swankie’s sending off.  Last I saw him he was getting held back by his pal/son trying to square go some of our fans after the game :guns

The mad eedjit 

Archived