c***s at gigs

Why do so many people get so mortally drunk before going to a gig? What's the point in spending all that money and having no memory while spoiling it for everyone around at the same time?

Younger people have an excuse, but when guys in their 50's are doing it, you know they are c***s. No wonder there is trouble in society these days.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the time it’s fine but you get the odd c**t that is only there to ruin it for everyone else. Special mention to the c***s that spend all night at the bar then push to the front when the headline band come on.

I once went to see Tony Bennett in Princes Street Gardens and almost got into a fight with a drunk elderly weegie who was trying to sing along- "I didn't pay good money to hear you, murder "I left my heart in San Francisco" ya walloper" "I'm only enjoying myself" "Ah, f*ck off". 

Ex Edinburgh Lord Provost Eric Milligan was in the row in front of me. His wife had a face like a bulldug chewing a wasp. 

I suppose that's where going to metal gigs wins out- the band are usually loud enough to drown out the crowd! 

- Going to the front and wearing earplugs - you're old and you're seeing Mogwai, for you the war is over

- Drinking, because the evening's not complete without watered down Tuborg at a fiver for a plastic cup

- Attempting to continue drinking while at the front, pick what you want to do

- Talking over the support acts - they may be awful, but it's only polite

- HERE WE HERE WE naw you fucking don't. I thought this was on the way out until I heard it last month. Vile.

- People who don't exit the building in an orderly fashion when the performance is over - bonus points to the Liquid Room in Edinburgh which has a door for the toilets right next to the one, single file door for the exit

- Overly officious security people

- Old people not acting their age - drinking, fighting, air drumming in an amount of space greater than a single person should be taking up - I've seen many more 40+ wallopers at gigs than I have people my age

- Trying to make people who clearly don't want to be involved in any pushing involved in pushing

- People who don't turn the flash off on their shitey £40 point and click camera - you're wasting your own time much less everyone else's

I imagine you could trace the majority of entries to this thread back to drinking.

- Going to the front and wearing earplugs - you're old and you're seeing Mogwai, for you the war is over
- Drinking, because the evening's not complete without watered down Tuborg at a fiver for a plastic cup
- Attempting to continue drinking while at the front, pick what you want to do
- Talking over the support acts - they may be awful, but it's only polite
- HERE WE HERE WE naw you fucking don't. I thought this was on the way out until I heard it last month. Vile.
- People who don't exit the building in an orderly fashion when the performance is over - bonus points to the Liquid Room in Edinburgh which has a door for the toilets right next to the one, single file door for the exit
- Overly officious security people
- Old people not acting their age - drinking, fighting, air drumming in an amount of space greater than a single person should be taking up - I've seen many more 40+ wallopers at gigs than I have people my age
- Trying to make people who clearly don't want to be involved in any pushing involved in pushing
- People who don't turn the flash off on their shitey £40 point and click camera - you're wasting your own time much less everyone else's
I imagine you could trace the majority of entries to this thread back to drinking.

IMG_1931.jpg

- people who watch the entire performance through their phone screen

- people who point blank refuse to let you past when you’re either going to the toilet or trying to make your way back from the toilet. I have absolutely no problem just bulldozing through those c***s

When you've been waiting in the queue to get into the venue for a while, and folk in front of you happen to see a bunch of their mates  who have just arrived walking towards the back of the queue and find it acceptable to let them join their group, basically pushing in front of other people who have waited for ages! 

Seething. 

People who barge their way through a crowd without even attempting a tap on the shoulder or excuse me and just smash right through your back. Usually happens during the first song of a set having not been arsed to get near where they want to stand before a band start.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The best part of a gig is playing air guitar/ air drums in the crowd. Nothing wrong with it. 

Especially when the random stranger next to you is doing the same and you end up playing a dual solo with them :) 

5 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

The worst gig I’ve been at was actually Elton John at meadowbank, never seen so many middle aged, drunk, abusive women being led out in my life, great entertainment though 

My wife saw Elton in Glasgow and asked two women who should have been old enough to know better to stop talking so loudly through the whole gig as she couldn’t hear the music. They were right behind her and didn’t stop gassing for the whole show. Like the cows they were they took it really badly. Apparently their pishy conversation was not unreasonable as they had paid their (not inconsiderable) amount of money and could do what they like. They would do us all a favour by sitting in the house with their Lambrini watching it on You Tube. 

Archived