Completing the 42

Guest Jedi

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Been to 34 of the 42.

Missing: Annan Athletic, Arbroath, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, East Fife, Edinburgh City*, Elgin City, Montrose.

Would like to get them all done, but as all are at least an hour and a half away from me I can’t really see myself being arsed driving that far to a match that doesn’t involve Thistle. 

*Been to an engagement party at Spartans ground and a Radiohead gig at Meadowbank Stadium so technically I’ve been there but not for a football match so doesn’t count.

We played you at our bit this season!!!

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:32, Salvo Montalbano said:

Cathkin and Shawfield were before my time 

I got to see an amateur 3rd Lanark team play at cathkin park a couple of hours before the infamous Scotland-Italy game in 2007. don't know if theyre still playing or if they still play there,it was a great and slightly surreal experience though

On 12/24/2018 at 14:08, cowdenbeath said:

Seen Cowden play home games at both Starks Park and East End Park.

What games were those matey? 

I've got Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Motherwell from the Premier. Montrose and Stranraer from league 1 and Elgin, Annan, Berwick and Albion Rovers from league Two. 

Lived down south during our time in league one or I would've got allot of those ticked off. 

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What games were those matey? 

I've got Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Motherwell from the Premier. Montrose and Stranraer from league 1 and Elgin, Annan, Berwick and Albion Rovers from league Two. 

Lived down south during our time in league one or I would've got allot of those ticked off. 

Played the Pars in the Scottish Cup at Starks and Hearts at EEP in the League Cup both in 1990.

For me I only have these away grounds to complete my set for watching Morton -

Aberdeen, Hearts (don't think we have played them home or away for nearly 40 years), Arbroath, East Fife, Elgin City, Berwick Rangers, Montrose.

Will be visiting East Fife next month in the Scottish Cup and fingers crossed I will be visiting Arbroath next season when they win promotion, so that will be another two grounds ticked off. Not sure if Edinburgh City away would count as they are currently sharing with Spartans, where I have seen Morton play - unfortunately.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Did that coincide with the burning down of the stand? 

Before it. 

We were only allowed 500 in the stand after the Bradford fire. When Gordon McDougall bought the club he done all the work to get the stand back up to full capacity only for half of it to burn down in 1992.

28/42 for me.

Missed out on Airdreonians after turning up and it was called off. Peterhead I was in the area at the time and visited the club shop (which is within the ground) during a game and saw a minute of it so does that count? Maybe a cheeky half point.

Can’t grumble at that, I never pass up on an opportunity to go somewhere new unless I definitely can’t go.

On 26/12/2018 at 11:42, IainMorton said:

For me I only have these away grounds to complete my set for watching Morton -

Aberdeen, Hearts (don't think we have played them home or away for nearly 40 years), Arbroath, East Fife, Elgin City, Berwick Rangers, Montrose.

Will be visiting East Fife next month in the Scottish Cup and fingers crossed I will be visiting Arbroath next season when they win promotion, so that will be another two grounds ticked off. Not sure if Edinburgh City away would count as they are currently sharing with Spartans, where I have seen Morton play - unfortunately.

I suppose in the trainspotterish world of the groundhopping tossers that occasionally come to City games it would count. Don't forget to ask for a teamsheet. Cnuts. 

I've seen Berwick play Morton at Shielfield. You'd just spunked money on Chris Templeman and the Berwick fans enjoyed singing "What a waste of money". 

31 of the 42 down for me. To be honest, I'm closer to the full set than I'd realised before I sat and thought it through.

Ross County, Alloa, Montrose, Dumbarton. Brechin, Stenhousemuir, Edinburgh City, Elgin, Cowdenbeath still to go.

I don't live in the UK any more so this will take me a while, but I reckon in a few years I'll have this bashed out.

I was thinking of clubs playing in other clubs' stadium and I've seen a few of these. I was at Hamilton v Thistle at Cliftonhill years ago, maybe 1999? Pretty sure it was an early season cup tie, League Cup or Challenge Cup. Saw Clyde play at Douglas Park a few times as well when I was a lad.

Also saw Hearts play East Fife at Starks Park in a League Cup tie, saw Hearts murder Celtic 1-0 in a league game at Hampden, and obviously saw Hearts at Murrayfield.

Got four still to do. Pitoddrie(1985 was the last time we played there. Hopefully next season :) ) Elgin, Montrose and Edinburgh City, although I have been to Meadowbank.

The old ones I was at were Brockville, Kilbowie, Broomfield, Boghead, Muirton, Love St, Douglas Park, Annfield

IIRC clubs I have seen playing a home game at anothers stadiums

Albion Rovers at Broomfield. Flag unfurling day. Sair yin!!

Clydebank at Boghead and Cappielow

Hamilton at Cliftonhill and Fir Park

Clyde at Firhill

Done 36/42, in the Premiership only missing Hamilton Accies, where I'm going on Saturday. All other missing ones are Championship: Partick Thistle, Greenock Morton, ICT, QotS & Ayr. Planning to do all of them in January. Also done a fair few in LL / HL / EOS / East Juniors.

Not bad considering I had only been to Hampden in Scotland until August 2017 (when I moved up here).

Been to all 42 current grounds plus Shawfield, Douglas Park, Boghead, Broomfield, Brockville, Firs Park, Kilbowie, Annfield, Love Street and Meadowbank of the defunct grounds. 

Edit: Of the 42 I have still to see Aberdeen play at Dumbarton (did see us play at Boghead), Cowdenbeath, Clyde (did see us play them at Shawfield as a kid and when they played at Douglas Park), Edinburgh City, Berwick, Annan, Albion Rovers and Airdrie (again saw us play them  Broomfield) as we have not played any of them since I started going regularly to games.

Archived