Queens v Ayr

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
It is if your mid table shite like QOS. Not when you're in our position.

That makes absolutely no sense. Thanks for your input though.

It's not my fault you're a dribbling simpleton.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
The result or having to read more of your drivel?

I don't know, you tell me what's upset you. It's you who appears to be foaming at the mouth for some reason.

It's the latter. Happy to help.

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I hope you've got alcohol as an excuse for this nonsense.

Nothing nonsensical about it. Where we are at the moment I expect us to be going to away games and winning, especially against mid table teams.

Nothing nonsensical about it. Where we are at the moment I expect us to be going to away games and winning, especially against mid table teams.
QOS have comfortably outperformed Ayr for well over a decade. We are having a once-in-a-lifetime spell and long may it continue, but things can change very, very quickly. Let's keep a bit of perspective, and leave the arrogance to the old firm.

QOS have comfortably outperformed Ayr for well over a decade. We are having a once-in-a-lifetime spell and long may it continue, but things can change very, very quickly. Let's keep a bit of perspective, and leave the arrogance to the old firm.

There’s nothing arrogant about thinking we should be beating teams 12 points behind us.

Our record against those teams means nothing right now.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No thanks. For the here and now, and with how the team has performed this season so far, if it's arrogant of me to think, and expect,  the team to win a game like today then I'm okay with that. I'd rather enjoy this wave now than hold back out of fear of it all potentially collapsing.

33 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Teams sitting in against us is nothing new, and we really need to start changing our approach in these games.

Far too many draws. 5 of the last 6 league games. I know our expectations have changed, but is there any sign of the team doing something different?

We're missing Forrest & Kerr as we can play through teams with our quick pass and move when Kerr provides the ammunition and Forrest spins and moves with the likes of Moff, Shankland and even Murdoch running off them. I just feel we're very hard to stop when we play our quick and incisive passing game, however with them missing we're much more one dimensional.

Not a disaster though today and although County had a great result, United slipped up badly and we've obviously still got our game in hand that could see us back level at the top, so everything still looking fine, so long as our missing guys aren't out long term............

There’s nothing arrogant about thinking we should be beating teams 12 points behind us.

Our record against those teams means nothing right now.
No thanks. For the here and now, and with how the team has performed this season so far, if it's arrogant of me to think, and expect,  the team to win a game like today then I'm okay with that. I'd rather enjoy this wave now than hold back out of fear of it all potentially collapsing.
You've both missed the point.

Expecting to win is not arrogant. But the post I originally quoted most definitely was.

We're missing Forrest & Kerr as we can play through teams with our quick pass and move when Kerr provides the ammunition and Forrest spins and moves with the likes of Moff, Shankland and even Murdoch running off them. I just feel we're very hard to stop when we play our quick and incisive passing game, however with them missing we're much more one dimensional.
Not a disaster though today and although County had a great result, United slipped up badly and we've obviously still got our game in hand that could see us back level at the top, so everything still looking fine, so long as our missing guys aren't out long term............
I agree with all of this. I'd just like to see us to something a bit more creative, and rejig something to try and win these games more. Tactics, set pieces, formations - something to try and gamble a wee bit.

I wasn't at today's game but I've been at three of the recent draws, and we play pretty well without really looking like we're going to break through.

On another note I thought the ref made some questionable calls for both sides today. On more than one occasion he gave a free-kick when no one had even claimed for it. The best one of the game was in the first half when he awarded a throw-in that the linesman hadn't flagged for. It resulted in the drop ball as he well and truly ballsed it up. I looked at the linesman who was shaking his head angrily at the decision [emoji38]

A lack of quality in the wide areas is really hurting us, particularly with Kerr and Forrest missing.  That said, i don’t think we can be too hard on the team given that we are missing a few midfield options.  Add to that a a dreadful playing surface and a Queens team that, oddly, were happy to timewaste and park the bus and it was always likely to be a frustrating afternoon.  

Big bonus for me was Docherty.  Was beginning to think he might be finished given McCalls reluctance to play him,, but I thought he showed up well given it was his first 90 minutes for a year.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree with all of this. I'd just like to see us to something a bit more creative, and rejig something to try and win these games more. Tactics, set pieces, formations - something to try and gamble a wee bit.

I wasn't at today's game but I've been at three of the recent draws, and we play pretty well without really looking like we're going to break through.

I know what you mean but I suppose it's all fine lines, if we hadn't gone down to 10 men against Morton then I'm sure we would have won, if Smith had finished when just the keeper to beat against County and if Shankland had hit the target late on at EEP last week then we'd be clear at the top and everyone would be raving about how well we were doing.

As we both know, it's an excellent league where anyone can beat anyone and big budget Dundee Utd getting stuffed by little part time Alloa today perfectly sums things up for me. While I had hoped we'd win today, like last week, a draw away to QOS is never a bad point and we just need to move on and hope we can stuff a very poor Falkirk side at Somerset next week and who knows, we may even end up back top by 5pm next Saturday night.

Here's hoping........

On another note I thought the ref made some questionable calls for both sides today. On more than one occasion he gave a free-kick when no one had even claimed for it. The best one of the game was in the first half when he awarded a throw-in that the linesman hadn't flagged for. It resulted in the drop ball as he well and truly ballsed it up. I looked at the linesman who was shaking his head angrily at the decision [emoji38]

I thought the linesman had awarded it, the ref went along with it then changed his mind. Absolutely hopeless when the ref and linesman can’t communicate properly.

Archived