Queens v Ayr

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ayr were the better side, but didn't do enough to win it, and came within a whisker of losing it at the end.
I'm not therefore convinced that they "deserved" to win.

I think Ayr created plenty chances, especially early in the 2nd half. I didn’t feel that Queens, bar the their goal, created or offered much. Without Dobbie in form, they really are an average side at best.

Ayr were the better side, but didn't do enough to win it, and came within a whisker of losing it at the end.
I'm not therefore convinced that they "deserved" to win.

Correct

We created nothing apart from the goal and Moffats chance one on one with the goalie.

A win for Queens would’ve been criminal though. Naysmith is entitled to set his team up the way he likes but the constant time wasting and 10 men behind the ball makes for dreadful viewing.

Ref could’ve and should’ve dished out at least one red card card. Mercer was lucky to stay in after elbowing McDaid whilst on a yellow. However he wasn’t the reason we drew today. That was down to us.

Poor result. Queens were poor and offered very little.

Disappointed in the result, 2 points dropped, but the undefeated run continues.

Lol wut? A point away to a side you've only taken 1 point from out of a possible 6 is a bad result? Behave yourselves.

Ayr had the bulk of possession but it appeared we were happy with this as they rarely cut us open. Martin made a couple of really good saves but we had two one on ones as well. I can recall Moffat having a one on one but that aside, Ayr's best chances were shots from a bit further out.

For us it was a good defensive performance but pitiful in an attacking sense. We did create those two chances but that's a pretty poor return at home. And I won't buy the suggestion that we were defensive due to how good Ayr are because it was the same performance against a poor Dunfermline side.

We can't seem to find the right balance just now. A decent point. We really need a creative player in the middle and another striker.

My MOTM was Todd as he was the only player who looked interested in going forward.

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I think Ayr created plenty chances, especially early in the 2nd half. I didn’t feel that Queens, bar the their goal, created or offered much. Without Dobbie in form, they really are an average side at best.

No argument whatever with your final sentence.  In fact I'd say that only with Dobbie do we scale the heights of averageness.

I even agree with those critical of us wasting time while drawing a league game at home - it bugs me too.

Ayr genuinely didn't create much that was clear cut though.  It wasn't one of those games where woodwork was rattled, sitters were missed or our goalkeeper was outstanding.

Ayr shaded it, but a draw was also about right.

Lol wut? A point away to a side you've only taken 1 point from out of a possible 6 is a bad result? Behave yourselves.

Ayr had the bulk of possession but it appeared we were happy with this as they rarely cut us open. Martin made a couple of really good saves but we had two one on ones as well. I can recall Moffat having a one on one but that aside, Ayr's best chances were shots from a bit further out.

For us it was a good defensive performance but pitiful in an attacking sense. We did create those two chances but that's a pretty poor return at home. And I won't buy the suggestion that we were defensive due to how good Ayr are because it was the same performance against a poor Dunfermline side.

We can't seem to find the right balance just now. A decent point. We really need a creative player in the middle and another striker.

My MOTM was Todd as he was the only player who looked interested in going forward.

A point away to a side who are 12 points off us is a poor result. Our record against you lot this season is completely irrelevant to today’s result.

No argument whatever with your final sentence.  In fact I'd say that only with Dobbie do we scale the heights of averageness.

I even agree with those critical of us wasting time while drawing a league game at home - it bugs me too.

Ayr genuinely didn't create much that was clear cut though.  It wasn't one of those games where woodwork was rattled, sitters were missed or our goalkeeper was outstanding.

Ayr shaded it, but a draw was also about right.

I agree with what you’re saying about not creating clear cut chances, and that’s what I mean about Ayr need to find ways to break teams down when they park the bus. Based on how they played, It’s a point gained for Queens and two dropped for Ayr.

A point away to a side who are 12 points off us is a poor result. Our record against you lot this season is completely irrelevant to today’s result.
By that logic I assume you expect to beat every side who are a certain amount of points below you? To expect a win away to a side you haven't done well against in the previous 2 games is extremely arrogant.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, D said:

By that logic I assume you expect to beat every side who are a certain amount of points below you? To expect a win away to a side you haven't done well against in the previous 2 games is extremely arrogant.

Nothing arrogant about it you useless crayon muncher.

Not really. At this stage of the season, the table doesn’t lie so it’s not arrogant to expect to beat a team below you in the table. Some Queens fans have let the 5-0 game warp their view of how good their team is.

Just now, super_carson said:

Not really. At this stage of the season, the table doesn’t lie so it’s not arrogant to expect to beat a team below you in the table. Some Queens fans have let the 5-0 game warp their view of how good their team is.

They really haven`t. Even with Dobbie we are bang average at best and are thus a mid-table team.. The vast majority of us realise that.  

I don't think any QoS fan has claimed we're anything other than average. The league table is pretty irrelevant in a 90 minute game though and if we were playing a side we'd failed to beat in the previous two attempts I'd be more focussed on that than the league table.

Any side can beat any other in this division; see Utd vs Alloa today. To expect to roll up at any ground in this division and win is ridiculous.

Yes I expect us to be beating a team that are so far behind us. That’s not arrogance, that’s what’s called having a good team.

Yes I expect us to be beating a team that are so far behind us. That’s not arrogance, that’s what’s called having a good team.
Then I expect you'll suffer more disappointment before the season is over.

Teams sitting in against us is nothing new, and we really need to start changing our approach in these games.

Far too many draws. 5 of the last 6 league games. I know our expectations have changed, but is there any sign of the team doing something different?

Then I expect you'll suffer more disappointment before the season is over.

Not disappointment, more frustration. And I expect there will be more high points than low points.

Thanks for your concern though.

Archived