This time with Alan Partridge

Billy Rubin

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

"There might be a third episode, there won't be a fourth" - Piers Morgan

Aye Piers, they're going to can an Alan Partridge series halfway through. :lol:

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was surely trolling, he's not so much of an idiot to think that would actually happen.

Considering he followed it up with the line "literally, nobody is now watching. I watched it last night", I'm swaying towards the idiot option.

Considering he followed it up with the line "literally, nobody is now watching. I watched it last night", I'm swaying towards the idiot option.

Given he’s worked his entire career in media of some sort id be amazed if he wasn’t fully aware that the bbc wouldn’t pull a 6 episode series halfway through just because ratings weren’t as expected. Especially given there’s a core of people who will watch AP regardless of how bad it is.

Loved the guy dressing as a woman saying bye to Alan and his wee look back at him, harking back perfectly to his obsession with ladyboys.

Been singing "Come Out Ye Black and Tans" and "You and IIIIIII, shared a common language, when you and IIIIIII, shared a sausage sandwich" all week though.

Edited by BoydiesBelly

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

The deadpan acting of the guests has been brilliant.   The museun curator this week was superb :lol:

That whole bit when he walked between shelves, got her to close him in and then he  walked out without looking at her was just amazingly funny.

3 minutes ago, MSU said:

That whole bit when he walked between shelves, got her to close him in and then he  walked out without looking at her was just amazingly funny.

This.  Back to dark Alan. 

Had the same feeling of Michael's beans-in-a-cup-with-a-sausage where he wouldnt let Alan into his house.

This.  Back to dark Alan. 
Had the same feeling of Michael's beans-in-a-cup-with-a-sausage where he wouldnt let Alan into his house.

Also the ‘bye alan’ and subsequent look from Alan to the shaved boy in a wig at the start was a throwback to his ladyboy fantasies.

On 25/03/2019 at 22:09, Hedgecutter said:

Loving the petty Alan v Ruth fights every week. You always know one's coming. 

#tash-hags 

Eta: also noticed that the receptionist in the opening titles has been forced to smile at Alan. 

On 26/03/2019 at 11:58, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone notice they changed the receptionist in the opening credits to look delighted to see him?

15 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Loved the guy dressing as a woman saying bye to Alan and his wee look back at him, harking back perfectly to his obsession with ladyboys.

Been singing "Come Out Ye Black and Tans" and "You and IIIIIII, shared a common language, when you and IIIIIII, shared a sausage sandwich" all week though.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Also the ‘bye alan’ and subsequent look from Alan to the shaved boy in a wig at the start was a throwback to his ladyboy fantasies.

b902fc4ba238fc4f8f44bb07a5db8c8a.gif

So many, many, many subtle jokes- it's impossible to keep track of them all.

Liked the 600 members line.

Cantily Scad.

Are you happy?

As has been said- impeccible nod to the very real misogyny in the media (and everywhere truth be told).  The level of discomfort AP had towards the guest as she was a feminist and how the conversation was soon dominated by a male story of 'harassment'- forced to brush a boss' hair with a small brush! Lovely stuff... 

When the chef finally apologised. Alan quick as a flash 'that's the word I was looking for'.

It's a quite brilliant series. 

On 27/03/2019 at 21:28, Silverton End said:

3SjkRuXg6ZRE.gif

Anybody else keep seeing an older Sophie (Sally Philips) on our screens of late and always think:

"Do you know what it says on the side of my car?"

"Tosser?"

"Y.. You're in the right ballpark!"

11 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

So many, many, many subtle jokes- it's impossible to keep track of them all.

Liked the 600 members line.

Cantily Scad.

Are you happy?

As has been said- impeccible nod to the very real misogyny in the media (and everywhere truth be told).  The level of discomfort AP had towards the guest as she was a feminist and how the conversation was soon dominated by a male story of 'harassment'- forced to brush a boss' hair with a small brush! Lovely stuff... 

When the chef finally apologised. Alan quick as a flash 'that's the word I was looking for'.

It's a quite brilliant series. 

Agree. The episodes require repeat viewings, there's a lot going on & it's easy to miss stuff.

3rd episode I think where all the folk & Alan are lined up outside the Studios with dogs & someone from the street shouts "A-haaa"  :lol: