Diver swims with worlds biggest shark

ICTChris

Photographer Kimberley Jeffries has released pictures of her diving in open water alongside 'Deep Blue' one of the biggest Great White sharks ever recorded in the wild.  Jeffries swam next to the absolute unit off the coast of Hawaii, where she'd gone to photograph sharks feeding from a nearby floating sperm whale carcass.

A shark said to be Deep Blue, one of the largest great whites on record, swims off Hawaii, January 15, 2019

A shark said to be Deep Blue, one of the largest great whites on record, swims off Hawaii, January 15, 2019

A shark said to be Deep Blue, the largest great white on record, swims off Hawaii, January 15, 2019

Seems like a good laugh.  

Have any P&Bers ever swum with a 20 foot, 2.5 tonne apex predator and lived to tell the tale?

Do any P&Bers secretly wish Kim had got eaten?

What dangerous wild animals would P&Bers like to be photographed alongside?

I done a cage dive in cape town when i was younger. Fantastic experience. Was terrified but excited at the same time. If been very lucky to have done some wonderful stuff, safari, feeding crocodiles, March of the penguins and cage diving. Would never have the balls to free dive with them.

Would highly recommend it to anyone to cage dive. Hopefully heading to Australia at the ebd of the year and intend to take my son to try it.

I havent ever swum with sharks. I uave swum with dolphins, and even as a peaceful animal, the feeling they give you when they are skelping about underneath you is one of utter fear as you realise you are in someone elses domain.

That would be multiplied with sharks.

In conclusion.... f**k that.

That thing's enormous, it's a no from me.  

Did see a tiger shark when diving on the Great Barrier Reef.  The dive instructor gave the OK hand signal then instructed us to look up, only to see a silhouette of a fucking sea monster swimming above us.  I got that instant sick feeling in my stomach as we remained on the sea floor waiting for it to launch its attack.  I wasn't for hanging about once it had passed, but once back on the boat the instructor took great pleasure in informing us that the Shark was in fact quite small (2-2.5m he guessed), and only appeared larger as we were under the water and everything is magnified. 

Watched a documentary once about these idiots who go down in the cages, but now they use a reinforced glass enclosure that seem invisible once in the water.  The sharks are literally trying to eat you, while your inside a glass box, attacking with mouth wide open only to be stopped by a piece of glass inches from your face.  Again, its a no from me.

One of these things.

THP_CHP_220118SLUG_1732JPG.jpg

Archived