Partick v Queens

Low hasn't played for eight months. He may be properly crocked or it may be a strain injury (or illness, bereavement, etc). I wasn't getting excited calling for an 18 month contract after two good games and I'm not getting excited hoping for a draw at best now.  We were still capable of winning games pre-Nicky Low.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Nicky Low out for us which is a big blow. Connor Murray replaces him so presumably Todd will switch to centre mid.

Martin.

Mercer, Doyle, Maguire, Marshall.

Murray, Jacobs, Todd, Stirling.

Dykes, Dobbie

Our bench looks very weak in terms of numbers and quality.. Leighfield, Watson, Bell, Harvey, Irving.

Is that us with one outfield sub who has ever played a first team game?

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Low hasn't played for eight months. He may be properly crocked or it may be a strain injury (or illness, bereavement, etc). I wasn't getting excited calling for an 18 month contract after two good games and I'm not getting excited hoping for a draw at best now.  We were still capable of winning games pre-Nicky Low.

Pre Low we had Harkins and Norman as options in midfield. Don’t think we have won a league game without either Low, Harkins or Norman playing. So, if we win today, that will be a first. Not saying it won’t happen, but you can understand people being concerned.

Low has been outstanding so far and arguably motm in his games. I think it's fair to say this is a massive loss for us today.

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

Is that us with one outfield sub who has ever played a first team game?

It might well be. Certainly any first team experience other than from Bell must be minimal.

GN is clearly working to get a couple of players in.

Low, Fordyce and Brownlie to come back in I guess but we urgently need to strengthen.

Todd’s picked up a knock, he was about to be subbed before the half time whistle blew. Squad far too thin. Defence shambolic today, we look liable to concede every time Thistle attack. We’ve had a few threatening moments, but (other than their keeper making a decent save from a Dobbie shot after a decent interchange with Dykes) the final ball has generally been poor.  

Edit: the chat in the crowd is that Low has a good chance of being fit for Tuesday. 

If Todd goes off, there will be one player remaining from the midfield that played in the 4-0 win over County. With next to no back up, we can’t afford to lose any players, but losing 2 of the best is a massive blow.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

If Todd goes off, there will be one player remaining from the midfield that played in the 4-0 win over County. With next to no back up, we can’t afford to lose any players, but losing 2 of the best is a massive blow.

Indeed. 

in addition even if we brought players in in next few days they would be ineligible for the Dundee cup replay.

Archived