The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Get Kennedy in the bin. Falkirk's two biggest games in the playoffs he barely showed up. A poor man's Gabby McGill and I'd be doing everything to keep him as he's still getting better every year! Ive heard he wants to stay and if we offer him what he wants I wouldn't be too worried over a P&B post.

23 minutes ago, David_86 said:

Get Kennedy in the bin. Falkirk's two biggest games in the playoffs he barely showed up. A poor man's Gabby McGill and I'd be doing everything to keep him as he's still getting better every year! Ive heard he wants to stay and if we offer him what he wants I wouldn't be too worried over a P&B post.

Didn't really rate Kennedy, his numbers are significantly poorer than our equivalent players (McGill and Smith) and poorer than his own teammate Morrison, and in terms of assists much less than Aidan Nesbitt, who seemed to get a lot of stick.

In the play-offs we had him totally sussed, all he wants to do his run down the line, cut back inside and get a shot away. If you kill that space where he likes to cut inside then he's ineffective.

Anyway, he is one of those players who seems to be 'highly rated', so I'm sure he'll end up at a bigger club than us.

This is quite interesting given Accies relegation, or perhaps the U18 standard isn't very good. There are 4 academy levels in Scotland but I've absolutely no idea of the criteria.

Elite - which is the table below

Performance (Progressive) Level - Ayr United, Dundee, Dunfermline Athletic, Greenock Morton, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Partick Thistle, Ross County, St Johnstone

Performance Level - Livingston only

Advanced Youth Level - which we just won

8 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

Fair play to everyone who has managed to give anything other than ‘we’re in the championship’ some thought over the last few days.

I’m still in dreamland 🤣

Speaking of dreamland there are Falkirk fans on their thread touting Arfield for a return 🤣