The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Aye right enough that free kick to nobody our home game & similar pass to nobody in the 1-5 drubbing really made me think oh I wish he was still with us

I remember watching the highlights package on him when he first joined us and I was originally excited about him being a genuine prospect.  But like others have said, he wasn’t really stand out in the team.  Genuinely wish with the boy well but wouldn’t want him in our squad for next season, we have to set our sights way higher 

51 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I remember watching the highlights package on him when he first joined us and I was originally excited about him being a genuine prospect.  But like others have said, he wasn’t really stand out in the team.  Genuinely wish with the boy well but wouldn’t want him in our squad for next season, we have to set our sights way higher 

A quick google search tells me he’s 28 which surprises me as folk were making him out to be a 18 year old wonder kid haha!

13 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

A quick google search tells me he’s 28 which surprises me as folk were making him out to be a 18 year old wonder kid haha!

I think people thought he was really young because he didn’t have much senior football experience before joining us. He was fine and did a job because our midfield really needed someone who could make forward runs and get the team up the park. It amazes me that anyone looks at the midfielders we’ve had over the last couple of seasons and wants a return to the teams from before that. Scott McGill and Justin Devenny are levels above him, nevermind Easton, Frizzell etc.

I think someone joked that some fans would be suggesting we sign Roberts on the facebook group as a way of having a dig against the posters on there, and somehow it’s turned into an actual discussion. He’s nowhere near the level required for the Championship, and wouldn’t even be the level required for the top end of League One if we’d stayed down. We obviously won’t be trying to sign him and I think it’s more likely he’ll sign for a team in League Two. Nothing against the lad, but that’s his level. We should be looking at established Championship players for this coming season.

51 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I think someone joked that some fans would be suggesting we sign Roberts on the facebook group as a way of having a dig against the posters on there, and somehow it’s turned into an actual discussion. He’s nowhere near the level required for the Championship, and wouldn’t even be the level required for the top end of League One if we’d stayed down. We obviously won’t be trying to sign him and I think it’s more likely he’ll sign for a team in League Two. Nothing against the lad, but that’s his level. We should be looking at established Championship players for this coming season.

He’s signing for Alloa apparently, which I think is pretty much at the top of his level.

47 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

taking a break from listening to "pump it up" ive found the weird penny whistle of I Cant Help Falling in Love they used to play at Broadwood, turns out its by a band called Lick the Tins

Had it on all week....

Pump it up, not the whistle thing!

4 hours ago, moses1924 said:

taking a break from listening to "pump it up" ive found the weird penny whistle of I Cant Help Falling in Love they used to play at Broadwood, turns out its by a band called Lick the Tins

Haven’t heard that version since our days in Cumbernauld!   Damn… it all came flooding back and if anything could have brought me back down to earth with a thump after last weekends exploits - it was some Broadwood memories.  Still, the song was pretty good 

31 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Haven’t heard that version since our days in Cumbernauld!   Damn… it all came flooding back and if anything could have brought me back down to earth with a thump after last weekends exploits - it was some Broadwood memories.  Still, the song was pretty good 

I was just the same, its such a random version and Broadwood is the only place ive ever heard it, brought back memories of trudging out, freezing cold, after combing the pages of "Only the Lonely"  waiting for news of when the new stadium would be ready...

20 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

I was just the same, its such a random version and Broadwood is the only place ive ever heard it, brought back memories of trudging out, freezing cold, after combing the pages of "Only the Lonely"  waiting for news of when the new stadium would be ready...

I used to have it on vinyl back in the day. Think I left it behind after a house move. Do you think if I chatted on their door I could have it back?

On 23/05/2023 at 19:39, Passionate said:

Arbroath have signed Leighton McIntosh as the main striker,  it just shows how few Goalscorer s are going around,  Morton just released Ally Roy as well,  we will no doubt hear how difficult the championship is,  Rhys cannot play and manage etc,   all this will be coming from teams that have signed McIntosh and Roy ffs ,    it will be difficult,  we might be the shot in the arm the Championship need...

We’ve not signed him as our main striker, we have signed him though. We will be signing another 3 strikers.