Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And he's only playing at Queens anyway for the huge slab of the wage budget that they've thrown at him as well. Which has worked out superbly for them over the past few years. 

Great business committing to him for another year when it looks like it’ll be the seaside leagues for them.

Just Dobbie playing with 10 sandcastles for teammates next season.

Just now, TheScarf said:

He's not in their wage budget I don't think.  Does a director not pay his wages?

He's not in their wage budget yet the rest of their first team just so happens to be made up of absolute dogshite and they end up no better and generally worse off than the teams with similar budgets in the division, every season. 

If you believe that story then we've got a crack Finnish international manager ready to take Inverness to the next level as well. 

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No other player gets the twee "ONLY CLUB HE'S EVER WANTED TO PLAY FOR, TRUE LOVE STORY FOR THE BADGE" that we get from Dobbie. The reality is that he is a bluenose who says he'd love to play there instead.

I try not to get too misty eyed about Dobbie, but do you not think that, for whatever reason, he plays with us when he could play at a better level for more money?

I've absolutely no doubt that he'd leave for Rangers at a stroke, but I think you'd struggle to find a player at our level who wouldn't.

We're very lucky to have him, but it's our misfortune in having a manager who's incapable of harnessing and exploiting it.

Dobbie causing so much seethe to those who would walk over broken glass to have him is almost as good as the fact such a quality player at our club.

Why would I want an injured player in my team?

Dobbie is getting paid a small fortune by a club with no expectations of a title push and where the support worship the ground he stands on - why would he go anywhere?

I don’t think anyone is criticising him staying at Queens. He’s had his career so it makes sense for him to put his feet up at a club where nothing is expected of them.

If Queens go down he’ll score 30+ goals without breaking a sweat in that league.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dobbie causing so much seethe to those who would walk over broken glass to have him is almost as good as the fact such a quality player at our club.

I was wondering when you'd pop on the thread, having laughably claimed last season that you'd rather have a midtable Queens team with Dobbie playing in it than one that would reach the promotion playoffs without him. I think we'll now have to downgrade those choices to 'lower midtable fodder in the Championship without Dobbie' or 'seaside league dross with Dobbie' though, what with you lot being absolutely gubbins and all. 

Edited by vikingTON

I was wondering when you'd pop on the thread, having laughably claimed last season that you'd rather have a midtable Queens team with Dobbie playing in it than one that would reach the promotion playoffs without him. I think we'll now have to downgrade those choices to 'lower midtable fodder in the Championship without Dobbie' or 'seaside league dross with Dobbie' though, what with you lot being absolutely gubbins and all. 
I'll upgrade to "rather be absolute shite with Dobbie" - us currently, than "be absolute shite without Dobbie" - Morton currently.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dobbie is getting paid a small fortune by a club with no expectations of a title push and where the support worship the ground he stands on - why would he go anywhere?

We have similar expectations of a title push to many of the sides in the division.  

Indeed, a couple of those with apparently greater prospects sit currently below us.  Nobody will pretend that this season has gone well for Queens, but our expectations were realistically better than this. 

Of course we worship him.  Not doing so would be ludicrous.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

We have similar expectations of a title push to many of the sides in the division.  

Indeed, a couple of those with apparently greater prospects sit currently below us.  Nobody will pretend that this season has gone well for Queens, but our expectations were realistically better than this. 

Of course we worship him.  Not doing so would be ludicrous.

If by similar you mean none at all, then I agree completely.

I'd also worship Dobbie if he played for the Pars. I half-worship him now tbh. Still a terrible strategy to have one great player and a whole bunch of dross around him though.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If by similar you mean none at all, then I agree completely.

What, you mean right now we have no expectations of a promotion push for this season?    Brilliant observation that - well done. 

The idea however that in playing for us there can be no such expectation is just stupid.  We reached the play-offs twice before we acquired the division's outstanding individual.  

56 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

European football, mate. but he's obviously too selfish to consider raising the profile of our game or bringing money in to Scottish football.