Alesha MacPhail case

ICTChris

49 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive never met a poor advocate. I also know a few lawyers and 45-50k for a solicitor is not bad until you’re a partner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47372265

Pray for barristers, they'll be sleeping in the streets outside their chambers next.

If anyone could donate a hundred guineas...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47372265
Pray for barristers, they'll be sleeping in the streets outside their chambers next.
If anyone could donate a hundred guineas...

Barristers pay in England there. In Scotland an advocate depute working for the PF service will make around £90-£120k per year.
Trainee solicitors etc make shit money but thats the same as a junior doctor, they then get paid well when they fully qualify etc.

3 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

I scored over 30 slightly worrying. I have been called a sociopath before but I think I'm just antisocial. One thing that did resonate  with me is the inability to give a shit about other people. I tend to keep a small social circle and at work will happily ignore the majority of people. Probably come accross as ignorant and aloof but if I know I'm not going to have a worthwhile or meaningful interaction with someone then they might aswell be invisible to me. Small talk is a bug bear of mine and being a smoker at work its hard to avoid. I wouldnt class myself as pyschopathic as I wouldnt harm a person that didnt fully deserve it, and I have bo interest in gory videos and people suffering but I do have and have always had trouble putting myelf in someone elses shoes which leads to a severe lack of empathy

You have ASD. You're welcome. 

On 27/02/2019 at 19:56, Lisa Cuddy said:

You have ASD. You're welcome. 

Cheers hen, what I will say is this how I have felt for the past 4 years pretty much since I started smoking weed. In School I was fairly social and enjoyed doing different sports etc. but since age 25 all I posted is to a tee. ASD has no cure thats shit

Edited by engelbert_humperdink

2 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Cheers hen, what I will say is this how I have felt for the past 4 years pretty much since I started smoking weed. In School I was fairly social and enjoyed doing different sports etc. but since age 25 all I posted is to a tee. ASD has no cure thats shit

I'd stop smoking weed if I was you. 

On 27/02/2019 at 13:27, quickoverayard said:

100% this!!!!

Any person or persons who commit crimes of this horrible horrible nature should not be protected by not naming them regardless to age at the time of the crime. This lad is sick and will never be rehabilitated like the above said. Under no circumstances should he be released, People like this should be given the lethal injection.

You do realise there are paedophiles out there who acknowledge that the feelings they have are wrong and stop themselves from acting on it. There's more than a few who have outed themselves in the press in the hope that they get help.  Do you feel these people should be given a lethal injection, or is it only the ones who act on their feelings?

You do realise there are paedophiles out there who acknowledge that the feelings they have are wrong and stop themselves from acting on it. There's more than a few who have outed themselves in the press in the hope that they get help.  Do you feel these people should be given a lethal injection, or is it only the ones who act on their feelings?
So you're about to claim they are mentally ill? Its certainly a grey area and subject to opionion and IMO there is no cure for this. May take a different outlook if it was someone in your family who had been abused.

Any who dont act should be locked up amd never see the light of day, those who act you have my view.

6 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

So you're about to claim they are mentally ill? Its certainly a grey area and subject to opionion and IMO there is no cure for this. May take a different outlook if it was someone in your family who had been abused.

Any who dont act should be locked up amd never see the light of day, those who act you have my view.

I'm not claiming it's a mental illness, although it would make sense if it was given how fucked up wanting to shag kids is. I would hope I'd still be able to look at things logically even if my family were abused. There might not be a cure for it but if there are people displaying self control over these things then surely some can be helped? What you're advocating here is that people are locked up for their thoughts.  That's not right or logical.

I'm not claiming it's a mental illness, although it would make sense if it was given how fucked up wanting to shag kids is. I would hope I'd still be able to look at things logically even if my family were abused. There might not be a cure for it but if there are people displaying self control over these things then surely some can be helped? What you're advocating here is that people are locked up for their thoughts.  That's not right or logical.
So how would you help these people?? Thoughts are the first step, how long until they become more than that and should we really give them an opportunity to act on these?? Anyone who does stuff of this nature is beyond help.

So how would you help these people?? Thoughts are the first step, how long until they become more than that and should we really give them an opportunity to act on these?? Anyone who does stuff of this nature is beyond help.
I fancy adult women, it doesn't mean I'll eventually abuse one if I go long enough without my hole.

6 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

I'm not claiming to have the answers, all I'm saying is there are people out there who acknowledge their feelings are wrong and want help - those people do not seem evil or dangerous to me, probably more dangerous to themselves than anyone else. I think the approach of locking up people for thinking things is extremely dangerous and definitely not the solution, but I can't tell you what the solution is. 

Edited by The Moonster

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not claiming to have the answers, all I'm saying is there are people out there who acknowledge their feelings are wrong and want help - those people do not seem evil or dangerous to me, probably more dangerous to themselves than anyone else. I think the approach of locking up people for thinking things is extremely dangerous and definitely not the solution, but I can't tell you what the solution is. 

Lock them the f**k up until you come up with a better solution, is my answer.

If there are people out there, telling folk they fancy children, they should most definitely be locked up, to protect said weans

18 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

If there are people out there, telling folk they fancy children, they should most definitely be locked up, to protect said weans

That's a great plan, make them keep it a secret instead of looking for help.

12 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

I think that's just coincidence, batter in.

You’re right. Locking people up who have not broken the law is definitely the way to go.