Alesha MacPhail case

ICTChris

12 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Cheers hen, what I will say is this how I have felt for the past 4 years pretty much since I started smoking weed. In School I was fairly social and enjoyed doing different sports etc. but since age 25 all I posted is to a tee. ASD has no cure thats shit

You've described a change in your behaviour, recognised that there might be something even a wee bit wrong, or at least ringing alarm bells. Like you I was a bit detached and aloof but having faced a bit of a life crisis in the last year I started making a point to just open up a bit. It took a bit of getting used to - I'd go to say what I'd normally say (usually a bit grouchy) but would pause for a moment and try and say something nicer instead. Everyone can be having crap going on in their lives and you can maybe bring them a wee bit of unexpected happiness by being especially nice to them. It soon started to come naturally. 

1 hour ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Lock them the f**k up until you come up with a better solution, is my answer.

If there are people out there, telling folk they fancy children, they should most definitely be locked up, to protect said weans

:lol:

Sorry, I forgot I was head of policy making for the entire world. I apologise for offering a different perspective than "hang the b*****ds". Others have already pointed out the obvious flaws in your argument.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What evidence is there that treatment for paedophiles is effective?  

I'm pretty sure chemical castration reduces or rids them of their urges. As does physical castration, obviously. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

I'm pretty sure chemical castration reduces or rids them of their urges. As does physical castration, obviously. 

I understand there have been instances of re-offending after castration.  Work that one out.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You've described a change in your behaviour, recognised that there might be something even a wee bit wrong, or at least ringing alarm bells. Like you I was a bit detached and aloof but having faced a bit of a life crisis in the last year I started making a point to just open up a bit. It took a bit of getting used to - I'd go to say what I'd normally say (usually a bit grouchy) but would pause for a moment and try and say something nicer instead. Everyone can be having crap going on in their lives and you can maybe bring them a wee bit of unexpected happiness by being especially nice to them. It soon started to come naturally. 

good advice I am definitely far too reserved. have never said love you to a single soul

Just now, engelbert_humperdink said:

good advice I am definitely far too reserved. have never said love you to a single soul

Not even lying about it to get your hole? That might take you off the psychopath register at least. Getting worried about my status now.

8 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

When I take breaks I do become more sociable and friendly to people but f**k me life is boring when not stoned. Smoking opens up my mind and I start thinking too deep and realise just how fucked up the world is.

Sounds like you need a longer break from it. Takes a bit of adjustment if you're normally stoned all the time. Most drugs give an exaggerated meaning to everything, it takes time to get back to finding the important things in your life and everything.

Edited by welshbairn

I don't want to google it, but there have been/are schemes/research projects getting people who're attracted to children to come forward and get help for it. I think it's helpful to try and understand why people think like this, and equally it's important to try and say to people like that that they can be helped/supported.

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Should people who have fantasised about murdering people also be jailed indefinitely? 

Are you - 1/ Asking for a friend?

2/ Putting it out there?

3/ Trying to tell us something?

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are you - 1/ Asking for a friend?

2/ Putting it out there?

3/ Trying to tell us something?

He has exhibited some tension with a certain poster from Perthshire.