Hearts v Celtic

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

As a completely unbiased neutral with no axe to grind, I think that the foul was definitely a yellow. A red was perhaps on the harsh side, but I fully support the referee in his decisionmaking tonight, and the result was completely 100% fair and above board.

Aye, it's a laugh. But you'll get the same shitty decisions - probably this weekend. Until the clubs who could sometimes compete with Celtic and Rangers over a season, i.e.Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, grow a set and demand that the SFA  produce within 3-4 years a fairer spread of refs, then  we will  keep operating under a handicap. It's not corruption, but it is institutional bias.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Video kicking about of Celtic fans singing “I hope you die in your sleep Brendan Rodgers”

Vile.

I don’t much care for Leicester City either but that seems a bit harsh

It’s all well and good taking an interest in the English premiership but one shouldn’t get carried away

Never a red card.  Thought we put in a very good display all things considered and deserved at least a point.  Absolute sickener to lose it in the manner we did, Celtic had created pretty much nowt in the second half and a tired player who's not a defender switching off in the 94th minute when knackered is the difference.  

Good effort from the players.

11 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

I doubt he'd say what he did if he hadn't.

Good to see Brown is causing you pain as usual.

Brandon's challenge is far more dangerous. If you're looking for a more accurate comparison, search for Simunovic v Hibs.

Good point. Except Simunovic did actually smack Stevenson (?) on the napper. I don't think Toljan actually gets hit. He gets bundled over because Brandon has run 15 yards and jumped into him.  An Simunovic got what ? Nothing. 

The only thing that pains me about Scott Brown is having to see him in shorts that he has obviously nicked from the U12s team

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Broad Black Brimmer, Boys of the Old Brigade and Roll of Honour already...scum.

Coming from the part of the world that I do, I have no idea what any of these songs are. Are they sectarian? I seriously have no idea.

Good point. Except Simunovic did actually smack Stevenson (?) on the napper. I don't think Toljan actually gets hit. He gets bundled over because Brandon has run 15 yards and jumped into him.  An Simunovic got what ? Nothing. 
The only thing that pains me about Scott Brown is having to see him in shorts that he has obviously nicked from the U12s team
Oli Shaw it was. I was there live but didn't see it clearly until replays after. It's not a great challenge but a red would have been harsh. I think the red tonight was a bit harsh but I can see why it was given.

He's definitely caught Toljan in the face. It's a silly and unnecessary challenge to make in that area of the pitch. He'd probably have got away with a yellow if he didn't run and jump into him at such speed.

https://streamable.com/t/4jpr7

52 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Video kicking about of Celtic fans singing “I hope you die in your sleep Brendan Rodgers”

Vile.

Wishing for somebody to die peacefully in their sleep, rather than suffering the pain of death while they're awake.

Best fans in the world imo. HH

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What do they actually mean?

Most of us will die in our sleep when our time comes, hopefully peacefully.

Or do they mean die in battle like the vikings and end up in Valhalla?

Do real Celtic fans when they die go to Valhalla, what about the Catholic ones?

The video is on Celtic’s Next Permanent Manager thread. The song ends with something about the IRA which I can’t make out. I thought Celtic supporters didn’t sing about the IRA. Or is the IRA ok to sing about now? I get confused with all these football songs.

17 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Oli Shaw it was. I was there live but didn't see it clearly until replays after. It's not a great challenge but a red would have been harsh. I think the red tonight was a bit harsh but I can see why it was given.

He's definitely caught Toljan in the face. It's a silly and unnecessary challenge to make in that area of the pitch. He'd probably have got away with a yellow if he didn't run and jump into him at such speed.

https://streamable.com/t/4jpr7

You make my point for me. One got nothing. One got a straight red. These things don't even themselves out over a season where  Celtic/Rangers are concerned. And it adds up to a lot of points. Enough to give an Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs a serious league challenge in one of their vintage years

The video is on Celtic’s Next Permanent Manager thread. The song ends with something about the IRA which I can’t make out. I thought Celtic supporters didn’t sing about the IRA. Or is the IRA ok to sing about now? I get confused with all these football songs.

Did you not get the memo earlier. They’re not singing about the “nasty” or “provisional” IRA who murdered people in living memory they’re singing about the “nice” IRA who were a great bunch of lads that killed people who quite frankly had it coming during the Irish civil war and besides it was ages ago.

I’m summarising but you can scroll back and find the full explanation.

It certainly sounded legitimate to me.

You make my point for me. One got nothing. One got a straight red. These things don't even themselves out over a season where  Celtic/Rangers are concerned. And it adds up to a lot of points. Enough to give an Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs a serious league challenge in one of their vintage years
Brandon's was still worse imo. They've both caught the man but the significant difference is that Jozo won the ball with a well timed header whilst Brandon clattered into Toljan arm first in a very late challenge at high speed.

The important decisions against us that spring to mind are Morelos x3 at Ibrox and if you're looking for against other teams then there's Naismith stamp on Brown in the 1-0 defeat, Menga headbutt on Christie in the 0-0 game, Benkovic disallowed goal and foul on Gamboa at their goal away to Motherwell in the 1-1 draw and the Aberdeen penalty on boxing day which we went on to win no thanks to Willie Collum.

All teams get plenty of decisions for and against them.

They’re not actuality singing about the IRA, just saying they hope it’s them that shoot brendan Rodgers in his sleep, presumably because they’re such experienced murderers that they know they’ll do a professional job.

Archived