Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United Tue 26th March

On 24/03/2019 at 16:23, parsforlife said:

Erm, shitfesting our way to wins is our specialty, we are absolute experts at it. If shitfesting is how you want to play this we'll win, near certainly.

Shitfest Amateurs 0 - 1 Shitfest Experts

:rolleyes:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Safranko was outstanding tonight. He and Pawlett caused all sorts of problems. United worthy winners, but for some great saves from Scully in the first half, we could have been hammered.

Regarding the goal, it frustrates me that our defence just can’t cope with someone running at them, with the ball at their feet. This has been a common occurrence this season.

Guest DAVIDB69

I am beginning to wonder if we can do this but there are TV games again shortly so I am not getting too excited

3 wins on the trot against our bitches after the opening day blip.

We still need snookers to win the league and I think we would need to win every game but hopefully we can take battling form into the playoffs at least.

I was beginning to think we'd struggle to make top 4. 

Not going to lie I was seething when Robson did the get it up you at the end but good to know the crowd calling him out for blacking up got to him. Out shitfested today sadly

If United continue to only play a good 20 minutes of the 90 in their remaining games they will win the league. Possibly.

We on the other hand require major surgery in the summer.

Our centre halves are all poor. We have no right back at the club. No wingers and rely on other clubs strikers for our goals.

I wasn’t too confident about tonight but I was surprisingly pleased.

Thought DA were really lacklustre and didn’t worry us too much, possibly down to not playing for a while.

We should’ve been well ahead and thankfully the missed chances didnt come back to haunt us.

When we took Mcmullan and Pawlett off we lost all pace up front and It showed.

Jamie Robson again was excellent and my man of the match.

Some amount of day dreaming across the back five tonight. The amount of times the ball was sliced or we took too long on the ball. Craigen is not a long term answer at right back. I commend him for filling in but we need a proper right back. Ashcroft for me seems to be getting slower and generally a bit shite all season. God know how we managed 5 clean sheets. Crawford and co have worked a minor miracle getting this bunch up the table. AJ  has left the hoose in a mess.

The celebrations at the end by the United fans, but in particular the players (and I'm not talking about Clark's GIRUY in front of the North Stand - although since he came on and contributed hee haw I'm not sure that was entirely justified) tells you United were worried at the end. They aren't very good and probably won't win the league but could well shitfest their way through the play offs. We could still end up in the play offs ourselves but it means Friday is now very much in the "must win" category which will suit Ayr just fine. Liked the look of young Matty Todd again when he came on and el Bakhtaoui actually did quite well when he came on too. Some of our most consistent performers though didn't turn up tonight with Joe Thomson particularly bad and the two centre halves (who are pretty terrible but have done OK recently) all over the shop. Thought the ref was a bit whistle happy (except bizarrely whenever Jackson Longridge was taken out late, which he seemed to think was fine about four times in fifteen second half minutes) and also let the United boys get away with a few niggly things (he spoke to two of them for kicking the ball away without booking them, let McMullan and Pawlett away with dissent) and could have dealt with Longridge throwing the ball at the United player's head a bit better (definite booking but should have calmed things down before the restart). Onwards to Friday now. Expect changes for that one.

Bit harsh on us I agree with Crawford with a better final ball in the last third we could and should have created more chances.

You have to credit the organisation and work rate of Uniteds defence though. Anderson was totally snuffed out. Would like to see us try Fais and Anderson. Louis Longridge frustrates me as does his brother in terms of final balls. Just whacking them aimlessly or too hard. They wasted lots of chances. Higgy was poor also. 

Passmarks to Thomson and Scully. The rest were pretty average.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bit harsh on us I agree with Crawford with a better final ball in the last third we could and should have created more chances.

You have to credit the organisation and work rate of Uniteds defence though. Anderson was totally snuffed out. Would like to see us try Fais and Anderson. Louis Longridge frustrates me as does his brother in terms of final balls. Just whacking them aimlessly or too hard. They wasted lots of chances. Higgy was poor also. 

Passmarks to Thomson and Scully. The rest were pretty average.

All about opinions, but I though Joe was poor tonight. Don't think any of his passes found a man. Scully did make a few good saves but even he had a few dodgy moments with kicks.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

All about opinions, but I though Joe was poor tonight. Don't think any of his passes found a man. Scully did make a few good saves but even he had a few dodgy moments with kicks.

We got crowded out all over the pitch. Was hard to pick anyone. Scully made two great saves in the first half thought Joe got stuck in.

No real quality form either side reallly. I missed the goal.

Better but still unconvincing, we couldn’t put the game to bed and I had visions of a late Pars goal.

Played the odd spot of football then reverted to hoofball.

Three games in a row we have played Robson as a wide attacking player, three victories, nine points!  Must be something in that.

Not sure if Clark was unhappy being dropped but he looked totally disinterested when he came on.

Archived