24 Hours in Police Custody

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Don't know if it's a new series or a repeat but this was back on C4 tonight at 9pm. Title of this one was The No Body Murder.

I won't spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen it but my god that was unexplainable. 

There's another episode on next Monday at the same time

21 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Don't know if it's a new series or a repeat but this was back on C4 tonight at 9pm. Title of this one was The No Body Murder.

I won't spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen it but my god that was unexplainable. 

There's another episode on next Monday at the same time

Think that’s a repeat but I can’t remember the details 

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught up with the new episode from Sunday. Two men barricade themselves in a flat in Bedford with a modified air gun leading to a siege.

Such a difficult situation, would he so easy for someone to end up dead. Both perpetrators were clearly mentally ill but also didn’t seem so deranged they didn’t know what was going on.

Also featured was the worlds worst negotiator. Rocks up to a siege, one of her opening gambits is “So you’re banned from seeing your daughter?”. Fucks sake, why not follow up by telling him his ex has got a new boyfriend as well?

This episode highlights failings in our mental health services. Police couldn't have sectioned him and even if made referrals  5 days before probably hadn't been looked at it.

A toxic relationship, street diazepam, alcohol and police have horrendous situation deal with.

43 minutes ago, RH33 said:

This episode highlights failings in our mental health services. Police couldn't have sectioned him and even if made referrals  5 days before probably hadn't been looked at it.

A toxic relationship, street diazepam, alcohol and police have horrendous situation deal with.

Yup, have to say I actually felt sorry for the 2 guys, as opposed to happy that a couple of criminals got put away.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Yup, have to say I actually felt sorry for the 2 guys, as opposed to happy that a couple of criminals got put away.

Yup and police are picking up more and more of the mental health flack.

Yeah what a horrible c**t. 

Spoiler

The fact he tried to absolve his responsibility by saying he doesn't have mates like yeah the best way of befriending people is surely walking around sober filming lassies going for a pish.

Interesting how in the second interview they recognised the pain and irreparable damage caused but their sympathy was towards themselves their kid and their family, absolute zero acknowledgement of the victims, they were just objects to him, he's just gutted he got caught. 

On 09/12/2023 at 08:55, Boghead ranter said:

I would say I agree with that except for the fact that this programme began with,then seemed to forget about, these guys holding and terrorising that poor delivery driver,he must have thought his time had come

Always wondered, do the criminals not have to sign any waivers so their faces can be plastered all over tv?

I'm assuming they're not as If I was that guy in the latest episode I doubt I'd want the country to know I spend my time wandering the streets watchin lassies go for a pish 

4 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Always wondered, do the criminals not have to sign any waivers so their faces can be plastered all over tv?

I'm assuming they're not as If I was that guy in the latest episode I doubt I'd want the country to know I spend my time wandering the streets watchin lassies go for a pish 

I have always assumed that if they are found guilty of something then their face can/ will be shown.