24 Hours in Police Custody

Adam

On 12/12/2023 at 00:58, Crawford Bridge said:

What a horrible beast, that was a difficult watch. 

It's weird to say but I enjoyed the episode. It in no way excuses his behaviour but the drugs clearly completely change his personality.

Other than the victim(s), obviously,  you really have to feel sorry for his son. Its going g to be a tough life because his old man's a fucking creep.

On 13/12/2023 at 08:06, Bert Raccoon said:

Always wondered, do the criminals not have to sign any waivers so their faces can be plastered all over tv?

I'm assuming they're not as If I was that guy in the latest episode I doubt I'd want the country to know I spend my time wandering the streets watchin lassies go for a pish 

I don't think the criminals get a choice post conviction.

The witnesses etc do - my dad was a witness in a trial covered by a TV dcoumetnary and he had to sign off permission for them to show him.  Other witnesses in that gave permission for their voices and not their faces and others still refused permission.

The Murder Trial documentary about the murder of Margaret Fleming (young woman killed by her carers in Inverclyde who claimed her benefits for 15 years afterwards) was interesting as some of the most important witnesses didn't have their evidence shown in the trial because they obviously didn't sign off.  I think that's happened in 24 Hours as well - the famous episode with the surgeon was all about his insurance fraud but then at the end he was also convicted of mortgage fraud, where nothing was mentioned during the episode.

The fella in Sunday's episode was an arrogant little shit. Genuinely thought he was untouchable. You can see why in that situation it would be so hard to prosecute but if he's a repeat offender he'd get found out eventually and I doubt the guys that did come forward including the two that told the sexual health clinic were his only victims.

• 3 weeks later...

Two parter out now. Quite full-on stabbing and running-over action. 

Not the trickiest case to solve by the look of it but the best thing here IMO is the police. A very young male detective looks barely out of school but is clearly a bright spark and even though his suspect is giving “no comment” he totally plays him and gets him show his true colours. 

With the other suspect the female detectives show so much empathy to the accused I was half expecting a group hug at the end. 

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Two parter out now. Quite full-on stabbing and running-over action. 

Not the trickiest case to solve by the look of it but the best thing here IMO is the police. A very young male detective looks barely out of school but is clearly a bright spark and even though his suspect is giving “no comment” he totally plays him and gets him show his true colours. 

With the other suspect the female detectives show so much empathy to the accused I was half expecting a group hug at the end. 

Although the guy is a massive disgraceful horrible c**t for what he did.... to be fair to him he had a tremendous cigarette handling bad guy moment, managed to get cuffed and put on to the ground and keep the fag in the gub like it was second nature. Police had to pick it aff him. 

The judge should have definitely taken that into consideration imgho. 

42 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

What must his wean be thinking during that phone call? 
so many lives ruined for something so stupid. 

How was school? Alright? Anyway, you’re going into foster care, I ran over someone because he spilled my pint, I’ll see you in 35 years.

It always astonishes me in these programmes just how quickly some people are prepared to take a life over very little, stabbing the guy that many times your only intention is to kill the guy! Was it papworth that was driving the car that ran the guy down? 

7 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I did find it a bit odd that Papworth and Bennison, despite presumably living in Bedfordshire their whole lives, seemed to have faux Jamaican accents. 

Note to self

Never visit Houghton Regis and especially not the Crown pub

23 hours ago, ICTChris said:

How was school? Alright? Anyway, you’re going into foster care, I ran over someone because he spilled my pint, I’ll see you in 35 years.

I was reading on another forum that her mother was murdered a few years ago by her ex partner. Strangled and set on fire. 

Poor girl.