Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Stevie struggling with a metaphor.

“What do you mean, what do you mean by lions den?”

https://mobile.twitter.com/EFDSquad/status/1111629331900583936

He's right though, there's unlikely to be any lions there.

I'm not sure he's been watching his Planet Earth though..

"A lions den is if you jump over a cage and you've got 4 lions chasing you and you're fearing for your life."

I was going to say that Stevie will be tetchy because he has the sword of Damocles hanging over him but then I realised that is when you are standing somewhere and a sword owned by a guy named Damocles is positioned precariously above you.

I would have had egg on my face if I said that and he spotted it (although I would not literally have had egg on my face because that’s when you try to poach an egg in the microwave without proper training and PPE).

That Stevie Gee press conference on the news tonight about lions and fucking zoos was pure Caxinha at his finest, guys losing the fucking plot  [emoji38]
It was incredible, it like he actually thought the press guy was suggesting there night be actual lions on the park. He's thick as f**k.

22 minutes ago, Romeo said:
9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:
That Stevie Gee press conference on the news tonight about lions and fucking zoos was pure Caxinha at his finest, guys losing the fucking plot  emoji38.png

It was incredible, it like he actually thought the press guy was suggesting there night be actual lions on the park. He's thick as f**k.

I'm always up for laughing at Gerrard, but this stuff is daft.

Of course he gets that it's a metaphor, but he's highlighting that it's hyperbolic and is not wanting drawn into conceding that the venue might give his opponents a big advantage.

There really is nothing to see here.

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:
9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:
That Stevie Gee press conference on the news tonight about lions and fucking zoos was pure Caxinha at his finest, guys losing the fucking plot  emoji38.png

Don't be silly, he's merely stating that parkheids atmosphere gets overrated at times.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Make your mind up lads.

Why?  Need we agree on everything?  What a bizarre thing to say.

Anyway, as it happens, we're both right.   In the scheme of things, the gap is too big for this game to matter much.  The only way it can carry any significance - even in terms of keeping it vaguely "interesting", as Gerrard said - is if Rangers win it.

"Interesting" of course, only applies if you care which of the despicable clubs from Glasgow holds the upper hand over the other.

Archived