Junior Day

Seaside Sam

48 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Do the EOS get a cut of these inflated gates? 

No, the home team keeps the gate and all the spin-offs. The away team is supposed to get a home game later on. Not a massive fan of these things myself but the place was buzzing last night, the bar was heaving, and you couldn't move for wallies with rucksacks, cameras, notebooks and English accents wearing brand new Pace scarves and beanies from the merch table :lol:

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

Prices gone up I think since move to EoS League more in line with the highway robbery from the champagne charlies in the Lowland League...in short dear by most junior club standads

So let me get this right - we've jumped from 'somebody thinks the pies might have been dearer last night' to 'everything has gone up since they left the Juniors'?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jason King said:

So the £6 entry for everyone is mandated by the EOS?

Shocking if true, shafting your regular customers in favour of someone who you'll never see again seems a bit on the odd side.

Do the EOS get a cut of these inflated gates?  Fair play to Dunipace for getting almost 400 people, they had around 100 when I was at a game there v Crossgates earlier in the season and they used to average lower than that when the Bens were in the same league, but what's the tangible long term benefit for them?

The more I hear about this Groundhop the more I can see why the West region have turned down previous approaches.

If a club signs up to be a performing seal in the circus, they are basically saying a quick buck matters more than real supporters. If you're comfortable with that it is your business, I am not, so avoid spotter fests at all costs. 

32 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

No, the home team keeps the gate and all the spin-offs. The away team is supposed to get a home game later on. Not a massive fan of these things myself but the place was buzzing last night, the bar was heaving, and you couldn't move for wallies with rucksacks, cameras, notebooks and English accents wearing brand new Pace scarves and beanies from the merch table :lol:

So let me get this right - we've jumped from 'somebody thinks the pies might have been dearer last night' to 'everything has gone up since they left the Juniors'?

Having visited Westfield for league cup ties and to watch a variety of matches either in the juniors or the EoSL I can safely prices have gone up .Pies dearer , bovril dearer and admission prices now 6 pounds and 4 pounds as opposed to 5 pounds and 2 pounds and 10 shillings

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Squeaky bums in the Nauld!

Who knows how it will go .We had been playing well with the added bonus of playing some nice football and results elsewhere have been going our way ..but bad day at the office last Saturday in the WoS cup .No wild boasts or paranoid whinging about how the game will go we"ll have to wait and see .........just hope it's a good game free of controversy

Having visited Westfield for league cup ties and to watch a variety of matches either in the juniors or the EoSL I can safely prices have gone up .Pies dearer , bovril dearer and admission prices now 6 pounds and 4 pounds as opposed to 5 pounds and 2 pounds and 10 shillings

Fair enough. But the EOSL only recommends the admission price which I think is £5.  Dunipace have obviously decided that the improved facilities are worth more. Most lesser EOS clubs are still at £5 AFAIK and if Dunipace ever get into the Champagne Charlies League, most teams there are £6.

In fact, last time I was at Vale of Leithen in the LL (last season) it was only £5. You've got TJ to blame for starting rumours about highway robbery. There's a Daily Record article online where he clearly implies it will be £12 in the LL. As well as the 100k toilets.

If I'm at a Junior game I never ask for a concession anyway. £6 is feck all. 

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

So the £6 entry for everyone is mandated by the EOS?

Shocking if true, shafting your regular customers in favour of someone who you'll never see again seems a bit on the odd side.

Do the EOS get a cut of these inflated gates?  Fair play to Dunipace for getting almost 400 people, they had around 100 when I was at a game there v Crossgates earlier in the season and they used to average lower than that when the Bens were in the same league, but what's the tangible long term benefit for them?

The more I hear about this Groundhop the more I can see why the West region have turned down previous approaches.

I highly doubt the EOS get a cut. Seems like the £6/no concessions is only because of the groundhop deal going by this tweet from Blackburn. Long term Dunipace have more ground improvement works planned so for a one-off game I'm sure the financial benefit was worth it.

Though it is a bit ironic given today's Junior Cup semi-finals are set at £8/4 by the SJFA, who also get a cut.

3 hours ago, Village elder said:

Prices gone up I think since move to EoS League more in line with the highway robbery from the champagne charlies in the Lowland League...in short dear by most junior club standads

Dunipace are £6/3, under 16s free with an adult. £50 season ticket would cut it down to just over £4 per game.

From a quick look on Twitter: Bo'ness, Easthouses, Hill of Beath, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Tranent are £6/3; Burntisland, LTHV are £5/3.

Would be good if there was a list of non-league admission prices, the LL publish theirs.

Normal price at Blackburn, any regular concession fans will be looked after and season tickets valid as normal. No cut to anyone.

Programme increased to £2 from £1.50 but more content. Food and drink prices in line with usual prices.

Looking forward to 5.15.

29 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Think that any sort of promotion is great. Get the anorak pound in the kitty. 

Think it needs to be part of a wider non league day though. 

Groundhop is a bit more than just promotion, but I'm sure @Kennie could help schedule some derbies for the international weekends to boost crowds even further like the EOS and LL did this season in September.

With the sort of away crowds even in the superleague what club could afford to turn down the chance of 200 extra folk through the gate? The attitude towards this idea shown by some folks is absolutely indicative of why junior game struggles to market itself.

Do it on a week where the gate gets split or something like a west cup weekend that way both teams get a wee boost and they can select different ties from clubs of different leagues each year! Its one matchday out of a 30 matchday season.

Great day today, great to speak to a lot of the hoppers. Whatever the future of the non league scene, a "non league day" with staggered kick offs on international weekends would be a great boost. It wasnt just all people from England, a lot of Scottish "hoppers" were there as well.

On 26/03/2019 at 09:54, Jason King said:

Cumbernauld v Bens - easily gettable for 2pm if you're heading to Camelon v Edinburgh at 11am.

a thousand thank yous for this recommendation,sir, highlight of the weekend, great game with crowd comments a constant source of amusement and the sun even shone!

don't understand how I never noticed this one when I was looking at the afternoon fixtures. again,thanks

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Great day today, great to speak to a lot of the hoppers. Whatever the future of the non league scene, a "non league day" with staggered kick offs on international weekends would be a great boost. It wasnt just all people from England, a lot of Scottish "hoppers" were there as well.

As I said over in the EOS forum, each game had roughly 200-250 more people in attendance than you'd normally expect for that fixture. There were only 2 official "groundhop UK" coaches. So at least half of the "extra" people will have made their own plans, most of whom were Scottish from the impression I got. Especially for the smaller clubs it's been a great cash boost. I spoke to volunteers / committee members at Inverkeithing and they told me that this will make a lot of difference for them in financing the improvements they are planning to make. Roughly 250 extra people, memorabilia/programs sold to a lot of them and far higher bar/food takings compared to a normal game is a lot of extra money for a club like them.

14 hours ago, Marten said:

As I said over in the EOS forum, each game had roughly 200-250 more people in attendance than you'd normally expect for that fixture. There were only 2 official "groundhop UK" coaches. So at least half of the "extra" people will have made their own plans, most of whom were Scottish from the impression I got. Especially for the smaller clubs it's been a great cash boost. I spoke to volunteers / committee members at Inverkeithing and they told me that this will make a lot of difference for them in financing the improvements they are planning to make. Roughly 250 extra people, memorabilia/programs sold to a lot of them and far higher bar/food takings compared to a normal game is a lot of extra money for a club like them.

exactly,who would want that?:1eye

Archived