Dundee U.T.D. v Queens

22 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'd be happy with a United win in this match. 

I feel we have a good squad but constantly play with the handbrake on. We've only won 2 matches by more than one goal this season and those were against the bottom two.

On the face of it, QOTS (Queen of the South) have very little to offer and Dobbie is finished against non part time teams or Falkirk and Dundee.

2-2

Ouch.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
13 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Massive win today, especially with the results elsewhere. 

Indeed. If we’d lost we’d have been 9th, a point above bottom. In terms of how our season was going, this is probably the most important, and maybe the best, result we’ve had. Very pleasing.

On 27/03/2019 at 09:31, Granny Danger said:

Is this the game where we f**k it up?  I hope not.

I’d like to see us play with the same intensity as last night but with a lot more composure.  Also we cannot afford to keep squandering chances.

Yip :)

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Ive got a lot of time for Pav but his misses have cost us today. 3 absolute sitters which were completely inexcusable.

^^^seething

Ach, there's nowt worse than living with false hope.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Not a chance we will hold on to this. This group are utterly incapable of seeing matches out.

:lol:

Have to confess i felt exactly that. Dykes missed a great chance to make it 3-0 but of course we don`t do it easy.

That's a real gutsy,  and with other results, a really crucial win. 

Thought young Jack did well in goals today. looked like he rode his luck a bit but will hopefully take confidence from it.

Taking Dobbie off near the end was real going full Craig Levein.

27 minutes ago, Flash said:

Indeed. If we’d lost we’d have been 9th, a point above bottom. In terms of how our season was going, this is probably the most important, and maybe the best, result we’ve had. Very pleasing.

I think a win on Tuesday night would be a more important result.

:lol:
Have to confess i felt exactly that. Dykes missed a great chance to make it 3-0 but of course we don`t do it easy.
That's a real gutsy,  and with other results, a really crucial win. 
Thought young Jack did well in goals today. looked like he rode his luck a bit but will hopefully take confidence from it.
Taking Dobbie off near the end was real going full Craig Levein.

Reverse psychology ;)

I think you should redistribute some of the credit you are giving to Leighfield to me tbh.

If Fordyce and Brownlie had partnered in defence today  with the pressure Dundee Utd had applied and amount of corners they had I can put my house on it that we wouldn’t of took anything from the game. Doyle and Maguire has to be the pairing from now until the end of the season. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

We have played worse than that and won.

Totally squandered our chances.

From our end it looked like you had a good number of chances 2nd half. Also although Leighfield made that double save first half the striker just has to score.

That said we should really have made it 3-0 when Dykes was through. Mind you he scores so rarely that expecting him to score twice is somewhat greedy.

Just now, ALOREBURNE said:

If Fordyce and Brownlie had partnered in defence today  with the pressure Dundee Utd had applied and amount of corners they had I can put my house on it that we wouldn’t of took anything from the game. Doyle and Maguire has to be the pairing from now until the end of the season. 

I thought Mikey Doyle was fantastic today.

23 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Dobbie is finished against non part time teams or Falkirk and Dundee.

38 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Ouch.

Aye. Last year's fake news anyway. Think he's scored against everyone except Dunfermline this season

6 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Aye. Last year's fake news anyway. Think he's scored against everyone except Dunfermline this season

In the league yes.  He failed to score against Motherwell and East Fife in the cups. 

Missed almost a month of the season with injury, 39 goals and counting.

Do you think Ayr will be able to catch up with all the games your team has to play? 
It's definitely going to be an interesting end to the season! 

We’ve certainly got a chance but our heavy fixture list could scupper our chances of finishing 2nd.

However there’s now 5 teams in this league that could finish in the bottom 2 so everyone has got something to play for. Definitely interesting.

Inevitably this league throws up totally unexpected results when you least expect it. If ever we needed a big win that was it today. Although other results went against us Morton are at least dragged back into the mire.

Our goal led a charmed life at times and Leighfield always seemed to be in the right place. Hopefully, he will take a lot of confidence from this.

We started the game really well and our high pressing was really effective early on. Sadly, we fell back and the last 20 mins seemed to last an eternity. I agree that Doyle and Maguire were very solid and the link up play that led to our goals was first class.

Archived