Queens v Falkirk

Agree with the shouts that Robson is our best attacking outlet, and I'd be looking to get him back in the team. He gets us up the park quick and his delivery is good.

Ideally this would mean back 3 or 5, but this again highlights the exasperating lack of rb/rwb in the squad.

Therefore I'd get waddington in to minder/cover Tommy, probably for Paton. McKenna looks more confident alongside Dixon so id drop the edge and keep it 4 at the back

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Waddington is the guy I most want to see in though as I have said elsewhere.

Aye I’d have him in for Petra. He’s an absolute bulldozer down the right hand side. Petra gets a bit of stick on here due to his inability to kick a football. I’d love to see Ray bring him on last 20 minutes and just punt it long to him.

I’d go
Big Harry

McGhee
Edge
Dixon
Robson

Waddington
McShane
Paton
Dkd

Lavery
Rudden

Aye I’d have him in for Petra. He’s an absolute bulldozer down the right hand side. Petra gets a bit of stick on here due to his inability to kick a football. I’d love to see Ray bring him on last 20 minutes and just punt it long to him.

I’d go
Big Harry

McGhee
Edge
Dixon
Robson

Waddington
McShane
Paton
Dkd

Lavery
Rudden
Yeah id be ok with that. Robson and DKD would link up well IMO.

A lof of the good we done post window included Waddington. Disappointed to see him fade out. He is dynamic and aggressive. Also decent in the air.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

A lof of the good we done post window included Waddington. Disappointed to see him fade out. He is dynamic and aggressive. Also decent in the air.

That got me thinking of how good Leahy x Sibbs were at linking up on the left. I remember the two games at Ibrox in 15/16 they were dynamite.

That got me thinking of how good Leahy x Sibbs were at linking up on the left. I remember the two games at Ibrox in 15/16 they were dynamite.
Robson with give DKD the option of going back outside. He often takes the ball and has to run into bodies. Let him and Robson double up down that side DKD has the guile if Tommy is there to stop them crowding him out and we know Tommy can put in good service from deep or hit the byline. Flair down the left and battering ram down the right with Wadds and McGheenho

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Couldn't agree more, this why I'd have him covering Tommy who opposition tend to target aerially, plus he provides forward impetus of his own. Plus along with DKD this gets us 3 outstanding young gentlemen on the park

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure about lavery and rudden up top together . Again will the ball stick?

Not sure about lavery and rudden up top together . Again will the ball stick?
Im not sure about Lavery full stop not seen much of him. I often just agree with SB cos he is hard as f**k.

Tbh though, I just want to see us try something different. Lavery, Todorov and Jarvis have largely been passengers unable to show if they can make a difference. Despite a much more complete squad (on the face of it, and in context) now we arent using it which is frustrating.

But as I say, give me my choice personally and I would engineer the first change to get Wadds into the team before anything else

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Although not certain I would reckon that if we happen to win tonight it is very difficult to see us finishing bottom. Even with our aptitude for being “masters of our own downfall” bottom place after a win tonight would take a bit of doing. A win does not guarantee avoiding ninth place but it would make us overwhelming favourites to stay up.

I think that's being marginally optimistic. Agree a win tonight would be a great result in terms of the league as is, but realistically we would still need to be finding another 4 points or so from the last 6 games against teams who all bar Ayr and County beat us during our long losing streak. Of course its also worth pointing out that Falkirk horsed us 3-0 during that run as well...

Guest Ecosse83

Just play a simple 442, the lack of width in our team and been seriously shit and boring to watch. 

Same goalkeeper and back 4

Todorov       Rudden

DKD          Paton/Osman       McShane           Petra/Wadd

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Whos going down there tonight anyway? Dont think il be going unfortunately

Been stuck in my office all day surrounded by halfwits and arseholes so decided to make the effort if only to vent my frustration by hurling abuse at the Tory farmers in the home end.

Archived