Partick Thistle Vs Pars

Totally forgot about the free kick save from Hazard, no idea which Dunfermline player hit it as red numbers are illegible to my eyes but from behind the goal it was right in the top corner.  Great free kick from that distance and equally good save.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Totally forgot about the free kick save from Hazard, no idea which Dunfermline player hit it as red numbers are illegible to my eyes but from behind the goal it was right in the top corner.  Great free kick from that distance and equally good save.

Ryan Blair, was a decent hit but not enough power. 

I assume Christie Elliot was injured or ill, missed his attacking threat down the wings. Thought both McMillan and Saunders were very poor today, though McGinty played pretty well. At half time,  we were bottom, so to be 8th at full time feels like a half decent days work. 

Gutted we never had McDonald up front from the start of the season, would have made a big impact. Especially since he'd have been in place of Mubtumbo, Quitongo and/or Miles fucking Storey.

McGinty was good at the back, Penrice influential especially 1st half but faded a bit later on (presumably he was knackered).

Bannigan our stand-out midfielder imo - I know Spittal got MotM but having Bannigan in to take the ball off our defence from deep and shifting the ball about + occasionally driving forward with it is extremely useful.

Pretty much written off the County game (anything from that would be a bonus), but given how tight things are at the lower end of the table I'm happy enough with a point from today.

52 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Pretty much written off the County game (anything from that would be a bonus), but given how tight things are at the lower end of the table I'm happy enough with a point from today.

Certainly not writing that game off. Watched them last night and Dundee Und ran all over them, they were lucky to score the equaliser in the 94th minute. They have had a lot of tough games and looked to be running on empty last night.  They also have another midweek game before they play us next Saturday. We are capable of getting something up there but not if we start like we did today or capsize like we did in the 2nd half against them at Firhill.

On a totally different tangent, beginning to get a bit concerned  about the state of disrepair in the ground.  Bought a ticket at the desk today. Tried to get into 5 different turnstiles, but couldn't. Went back to desk who said there was a guy outside at the end of the JHS  who has a MasterCard, just tell him and he will let you in. No there wasn't, spoke to 2 stewards who had no idea about any mastercards. Tried again but still the same problem (flashing yellow light)  Asked the guy behind me to let me out and it was Chic Charnley. He told me to hold on to see if he could get in..and he did....lol. Back to the desk, who eventually pinpointed the guy with the MasterCard ( he was standing opposite the desk!!!) and he got me in. I have noticed a lot of people having problems using their tickets this season so it's something that will need to be looked at along with the floodlights and the bogs in the JHS which are in pretty poor condition. The stadium is looking pretty rundown at the moment which is sad to see!

I thought our tannoy announcer was bad but that was beyond cringy. The mighty Partick Thistle and Scott Scott Scott. The c**t never even scored the first fuckin goal.

10 minutes ago, parslad said:

I thought our tannoy announcer was bad but that was beyond cringy. The mighty Partick Thistle and Scott Scott Scott. The c**t never even scored the first fuckin goal.

Totally agree...the mighty Partick Thistle bit drives me nuts! No harm to the guy but he is a bit too posh. Would prefer a Maryhill born,  jags loving,  hard  nut saying " Right lets get right into these fecking Fife cnuts....lol

17 minutes ago, parslad said:

06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877341.jpg.624d5108c0da7b0f959be9dc82637c28.jpg

5 minutes ago, John Lambie said:

Gerry Britton was the summariser on Jagzone today.   At HT he said both him and Caldwell are desperate to keep Scott McDonald. 

It sounded a cracking game on the tranny.      

^^^ reported

7 minutes ago, John Lambie said:

Gerry Britton was the summariser on Jagzone today.   At HT he said both him and Caldwell are desperate to keep Scott McDonald. 

It sounded a cracking game on the tranny.      

He has been a fantastic signing and I reckon we might be down by now if  he hadn't agreed to sign, so fair play to Caldwell on that one.  For a guy that will be 36 in a few months time he is as fit as a fiddle and he must have done more miles than anyone on that park today.

37 minutes ago, parslad said:

I don’t mind the deal with saying the player’s names after we score. It’s ideally for the kids to shout along with.

He is cringeworthy, though, aye.

I thought our tannoy announcer was bad but that was beyond cringy. The mighty Partick Thistle and Scott Scott Scott

On the live feed you could actually here the few thistle fans reply with McDonald to satisfy his desperate attempt to imitate the German announcers.

Last time there it was just a guy who couldn't remember the surname of the goal scorer so just repeatedly shouted their first name like a drunk guy trying to get his mates attention to change his order in the pub 10 pints in.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

On the live feed you could actually here the few thistle fans reply with McDonald to satisfy his desperate attempt to imitate the German announcers.

Last time there it was just a guy who couldn't remember the surname of the goal scorer so just repeatedly shouted their first name like a drunk guy trying to get his mates attention to change his order in the pub 10 pints in.

I joined in. It was great when he scored don't you think?

06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877341.jpg.624d5108c0da7b0f959be9dc82637c28.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877375.jpg.8775e45e21ea9694da1d4e4d620db02b.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877705.jpg.6c0368baffc0e55cacb32707df864e4d.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877341.jpg.357663352b27d843cfbae74b257fa2b8.jpg06-04-19-ladbrokes-championship-partick-18877703.jpg.340262ad94a7b1a9a6fbccaaa58162b4.jpgLaughing-Goose.gif.7e3cdbce4f4f838cc547b995e855a786.gif

Archived