Hearts v Hibernian

36 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Absolute nonsense. No matter how many times you say it.

The game yesterday actually reminded me of the derby we lost at home towards the end of the 2008-09 season. Hearts were the better side that night too, but didn't take their chances and ended up losing to a penalty awarded for a foul that took place outside the box but Riordan kept on his feet till he got into the box then went down like a sack of spuds.

These things happen. Games are won and lost in wee moments.

Yesterday was a similar result. We didn't play nearly as badly as some of the reaction would have you believe, and we've been pretty unlucky to lose. That's football. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

Aw fuckin boo hoo - its fitba man, gie yourself a shake jambogreet.jpeg.79288af47aea8b577147c72d1aa3d042.jpeg

Should we mention the Leigh Griffiths screamer of a free kick or the Ollie Shaw goal not given, both of which results add to your wankfest derby record?

I had a wee twitter spat this morning with some hearts tube who had dredged up the entire derby record, home, away, trophies won etc etc in a total "heids exploded" moment simply because we won a tight match yesterday Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

If you throw away the comfort blanket, you will feel better in the long term......................

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

“We got beat and that’s fine” “that’s football” “Hibs got the breaks and thats fine”

:lol:

Were those the post match quotes from the man that gifted this?

natural order.jpg

That's two derbies in a row where the losing team had the better looking stats and apparently dominated the game. In fact, on the face of it, we were quite a bit more dominant in the Olly Lee game than Hearts were yesterday. And yet I felt like we fully deserved to lose that game and despite not being great, ended up being good value for a win yesterday. There are other factors, particularly in derbies it seems, that are more important than how much attacking you do. 

The more sensible Hearts fans I've come across seem to view their performance in a similar way as I saw our's back in December. In both cases, the losing team were managed by someone who had completely run out of ideas. 

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

That's two derbies in a row where the losing team had the better looking stats and apparently dominated the game. In fact, on the face of it, we were quite a bit more dominant in the Olly Lee game than Hearts were yesterday. And yet I felt like we fully deserved to lose that game and despite not being great, ended up being good value for a win yesterday. There are other factors, particularly in derbies it seems, that are more important than how much attacking you do. 

The more sensible Hearts fans I've come across seem to view their performance in a similar way as I saw our's back in December. In both cases, the losing team were managed by someone who had completely run out of ideas. 

Well said. But the Craig Levein Defence League will be looking for your blood. He can do no wrong. It's everybody and everything else wronging him.

Hibs were the better team yesterday. Sorry, but that is a fact. Even that welt Preston said so. Your one and only tactic of hoofing it to that big huddy up front was utterly ineffective against collosal McGregor.  Must be brilliant entertainment watching Berra shell balls to Uche for 90 minutes week in, week out. 

Suck it up. How do you like them Apples. 

6 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

This is ignoring Stevenson deliberately taking a player out after winning the ball with a scissor tackle in the box as well, which could easily have been penalised.

Not that Hearts deserved anything of course. They were completely incompetent in the final third and deserved the result they got. f**k em.

My Team : Greenock Morton

:lol:

Reasonable enough post

I’d suggest that the absence of Stevie Naysmith may have been at least as big a factor as any collapse in Levein’s capabilities.

Of course building a squad that’s quite so dependant on the integrity of Steven Naysmith’s knee justifies at least some criticism of Levein but that’s another post

Archived