Karamoko Dembele

velo army

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You can stay facts all you like but really you are stating your opinion. 

I’m similar to Karamoko Dembele (In footballing ability too imo) in that I have spent the majority of my life in Scotland but wasn’t born here, same for my whole family so I have never felt massively Scottish. He may feel the same, and thankfully your opinion means f**k all to anybody in what passport I choose and what country he chooses to play for.

I'm not talking about feels.  That makes him and you Scottish, legally and morally.  Who gives a fk how either of you feel.  He definitely won't 'feel' English given he left there aged one and will have no memory of ever living there.  It's purely a career decision, not a feels one.  He may feel ivorian too, but he is also Scottish.

I'm staying facts, he is Scottish.  Playing for England doesn't mean he feels English he's simply making a career decision.  I'm amazed anyone requires that explained to them.
Probably because your facts are just idiotic opinions.

He is whatever nationality he wants to be regardless of time served in a particular country.

Here's a couple of examples for you. I work with 2 guys who have lived most of their lives in Scotland, one born in Wales, the other born in Malaysia. The first one considers himself 100% Welsh and the other considers himself British. Neither give a f**k about Scotland or being Scottish.

In fact, in my experience, most people living here that are born outwith Britain, actually consider themselves British and don't really get the whole Scotland/ England thing.

On 01/06/2019 at 22:49, Kuro said:

I'm just stating facts, Dembele is Scottish.  He isn't playing for England cause he feels English or identifies as such, its simply a career decision. 

No, he'd be playing for England because he's English. He was born there. Those are facts. 

On 02/06/2019 at 11:28, Binos said:

As he's lived here for 15 of his 16 years

He's surely a Scot of Ivorian descent

This part of the forum is absolutely mental. It's like the Junior boards. 

4 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I'm not talking about feels.  That makes him and you Scottish, legally and morally. 

Errr.....it really doesn’t. Whilst I’m entitled to apply for citizenship ( I haven’t) it’s not mandatory so I don’t nor have ever had a UK passport.

8 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Probably because your facts are just idiotic opinions.

He is whatever nationality he wants to be regardless of time served in a particular country.

Here's a couple of examples for you. I work with 2 guys who have lived most of their lives in Scotland, one born in Wales, the other born in Malaysia. The first one considers himself 100% Welsh and the other considers himself British. Neither give a f**k about Scotland or being Scottish.

In fact, in my experience, most people living here that are born outwith Britain, actually consider themselves British and don't really get the whole Scotland/ England thing.

Irrelevant, did you miss the bit about it not being about feels, in reality if you've spent most of your life in Scotland you're Scottish.  That's just a fact.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

No, he'd be playing for England because he's English. He was born there. Those are facts. 

This part of the forum is absolutely mental. It's like the Junior boards. 

He's eligible because he's born there, he's not playing for them cause he sees himself as English.  That's a very UKIP outlook you have there.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Errr.....it really doesn’t. Whilst I’m entitled to apply for citizenship ( I haven’t) it’s not mandatory so I don’t nor have ever had a UK passport.

Citizenship and nationality are not the same thing.  Did you notice you're posting on the Scottish national team's part of a Scottish football forum?  You're Scottish.  

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

in reality if you've spent most of your life in Scotland you're Scottish.  That's just a fact.

Are foreign prisoners who have spent most of their lives behind bars also considered Scottish under your 'facts', out of interest? 

33 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I have mates who are 35 and lived in Scotland for 35 years who would be offended by being called Scottish.

Nationality is a personal thing and if the lad doesn't feel Scottish or care about Scotland then who are you to tell him he's Scottish?

Celtic fan is he?

Just now, Dele said:

Are foreign prisoners who have spent most of their lives behind bars also considered Scottish under your 'facts', out of interest? 

You'll need to provide an example.  Hilariously childish take btw.

Irrelevant, did you miss the bit about it not being about feels, in reality if you've spent most of your life in Scotland you're Scottish.  That's just a fact.
You're off your head man haha

I wonder what your opinion would be if Jack Harper turned into a world class striker and chose to play for Spain.

You'd be on here losing your shit, claiming he was a traitor and telling us how he was born in Scotland to Scottish parents and speaks with a Scottish accent. "He's Scottish because it's fact".

Just now, Kuro said:

You'll need to provide an example.  Hilariously childish take btw.

In what way is it 'Childish', out of interest? 

I've asked you a question of your criteria, one which you are not willing to answer. 

Does someone who has committed a crime in this country and is currently serving their sentence behind bars, a length of time that outstrips their life elsewhere, now considered Scottish? 

39 minutes ago, Dele said:

In what way is it 'Childish', out of interest? 

I've asked you a question of your criteria, one which you are not willing to answer. 

Does someone who has committed a crime in this country and is currently serving their sentence behind bars, a length of time that outstrips their life elsewhere, now considered Scottish? 

And I asked for an example not a hypothetical.  Let's see one.

56 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Citizenship and nationality are not the same thing.  Did you notice you're posting on the Scottish national team's part of a Scottish football forum?  You're Scottish.  

I’m well aware of the differences but I find it strange despite not being born here nor having any any Scottish heritage I am somehow automatically Scottish?

12 minutes ago, Kuro said:

William MacDonald. Born in Britain, spent 47 years in an Australian prison having first 25 years of his life being British. He died at 90.

so he's actually Australian, aye?

Just now, gannonball said:

I’m well aware of the differences but I find it strange despite not being born here nor having any any Scottish heritage I am somehow automatically Scottish?

Awesome.  When I start being interested in what you find strange that will take up a great deal of my thoughts.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

William MacDonald. Born in Britain, spent 47 years in an Australian prison having first 25 years of his life being British. He died at 90.

Very interesting.  

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

No because you never put these are facts at the end apparently.

57 minutes ago, Dele said:

17 minutes ago, Kuro said:

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Ill bring the question to the new page, you can answer it whenever you're ready @Kuro