Nadal, Ferrero, Ramos (Moya was 1998)

Roddick, Agassi, Sampras

Gaudio, Del Potro

Hewitt, ? (Rafter was 1998)

Kafelnikov, Safin

Ivanisevic, Cilic

Federer, Wawrinka

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Terry Taylor the ex-Aberdeen boy? Dirty b*****ds they're only calling him up as he qualifies for Scotland.

Exactly what we should be doing with dembele.  I didn't know that though, shame if he's good.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

This would simply be to ‘lock in’ his national team selection so he couldn’t change his mind. 5 mins at the end when we’re 2-0 up to Cyprus would hardly end the world. Plenty of other countries do this.

Can you not change your allegiance Declan Rice style?

Can you not change your allegiance Declan Rice style?

Correct me if I am wrong, but once you’re capped in a full international (not a friendly) that’s you.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but once you’re capped in a full international (not a friendly) that’s you.

Didn't realise it was only friendlies he had played.

Could Dembele not simply refuse to play, if he hasn't actually declared for us?

Once you play in a qualifier or a tournament that's you.  If it's just friendlies you can go and play for someone else.  Diego Costa played twice for Brazil in friendlies before declaring for Spain.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Didn't realise it was only friendlies he had played.

Could Dembele not simply refuse to play, if he hasn't actually declared for us?

He could. But we could then throw him onto the pitch against his will.  Win!

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

This would simply be to ‘lock in’ his national team selection so he couldn’t change his mind. 5 mins at the end when we’re 2-0 up to Cyprus would hardly end the world. Plenty of other countries do this.

That would be a scummy Wales like move that would.

They are a joke nation.

Edited by red23

30 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Since September 2014 its pretty much international law that Scotland has no right to laugh or look down on another nation.

True, let's start having a look around the 6th tier of English football for untapped talent and call them up. or kids once their voice breaks.

On 21/05/2019 at 13:35, TheScarf said:

Self testing my pretty good tennis knowledge here, without cheating:

Nadal, Ferrero, Ramos (Moya was 1998)

Roddick, Agassi, Sampras

Gaudio, Del Potro

Hewitt, ? (Rafter was 1998)

Kafelnikov, Safin

Ivanisevic, Cilic

Federer, Wawrinka

Pretty much, apart from I included a couple because the of the month the tournament falls (your guys in brackets probably). So they would still be considered the holders in the last 20.

Was that cheating? Damn stats and all that...

Hes not even that good ffs, garnered hype when he was younger but now everyone is becoming physically bigger than him hes looking nothing special. 

Lennon is only giving him minutes to try and sell himself as a Celtic manager who'll bring through youth. 

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:13, Smokerson said:

People are seriously saying we should be calling up a 16 year old who has played 45 mins of professional football. 

Norman Whiteside was selected for the Northern Ireland 1982 World Cup squad at the age of 16 after 2 first team appearances for Man Utd.

He made his debut in that tournament aged 17 years and 41 days and started every game as Northern Ireland qualified from their group, beating hosts Spain 1-0 despite playing for 30 mins with 10 men. They were a win away from the semi final.

He became a regular in the Man Utd side the following season at the age of 17, playing 57 games and scoring 14 goals.

If you're good enough then you're old enough.

I don’t think I’ve ever before seen someone spin a quarter final appearance as “one win away from a semi final”.

Edit - Scotland were only one win away from qualifying for several tournaments over the past two decades. Sounds great when you put it like that eh.

Edited by eez-eh