Karamoko Dembele

velo army

It's still a.shameful thing to.do for a guy who has grown up in Scotland, inexcusable behaviour and reflects very badly on him.  
Do you think Scott McTominay for example should be in the Scotland squad?

10 minutes ago, Aidan said:
On 24/04/2019 at 23:49, Kuro said:
It's still a.shameful thing to.do for a guy who has grown up in Scotland, inexcusable behaviour and reflects very badly on him.  

Do you think Scott McTominay for example should be in the Scotland squad?

Completely different situation.

I'm usually sympathetic to these things otherwise as Nationality is subjective but is this not the kid who left England aged 1 to live in Glasgow? It makes a bit of a mockery  of international football.

These superstar kids never amount to anything anyway. 

I'm usually sympathetic to these things otherwise as Nationality is subjective but is this not the kid who left England aged 1 to live in Glasgow? It makes a bit of a mockery  of international football.
These superstar kids never amount to anything anyway. 
He had a few good moments in the game last night but was overall pretty 'meh'. Didn't look particularly clever with his touch and not fast enough to get away from his man for most of the first half.
From the hype and the 13 year old highlight compilation videos you'd think he'd be absolutely dynamite with every touch, pass and move.
Hope he does well for himself but I think all this attention is pointless right now.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

He had a few good moments in the game last night but was overall pretty 'meh'. Didn't look particularly clever with his touch and not fast enough to get away from his man for most of the first half.
From the hype and the 13 year old highlight compilation videos you'd think he'd be absolutely dynamite with every touch, pass and move.
Hope he does well for himself but I think all this attention is pointless right now.

f**k the English b*****d.

Not sure why the heads gone about it.  If he goes on to represent England, then he clearly has no  interest in representing us, so why get upset about him not doing so?  I don't want anyone in the squad who doesn't want to play for us, so let him go.

Can hardly blame the guy.  At this stage in his career, he's going to want to maximise every single opportunity.  Representing England (where he was born, let's remember, which is the best thing according to those that hate the "scottish" players representing us) means he has a better chance of team honours, and a far better chance of making money through sponsorships and other endorsements.  It's all very well saying that we'd not do the same in that situation, and we''d go on to run through brick walls for Scotland, for pennies, cleaning everyone's boots at the same time, but none of us will ever be in this kind of situation to judge.  Except Pep/Supras/whatever he's calling himself. 

39 minutes ago, Aidan said:
On 26/04/2019 at 18:36, Kuro said:
Completely different situation.

Explain?

Kid grown up in England with a Scottish dad spent his entire life dreaming of playing for Scotland.  Dembele is just a mercenary using England for convenience and career progression.  

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Kid grown up in England with a Scottish dad spent his entire life dreaming of playing for Scotland.  Dembele is just a mercenary using England for convenience and career progression.  

I mean, how dare he make the most out of a short career when, presumably, he doesn't even feel like he's Scottish.  What an absolute c**t.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

I mean, how dare he make the most out of a short career when, presumably, he doesn't even feel like he's Scottish.  What an absolute c**t.

Well he is Scottish, and I would imagine he probably does feel Scottish.  He's 16 and has lived here for 15 years.  You're right, it is a cuntish thing to do.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Well he is Scottish, and I would imagine he probably does feel Scottish.  He's 16 and has lived here for 15 years.  You're right, it is a cuntish thing to do.

Yes, the boy born in Lambeth, to parents from the Ivory Coast, is definitely Scottish.  

If we're defining things, he's either English or Ivorian.  In football terms, he can be Scottish, Ivorian or English.  He sounds like he's choosing England either because he feels English, doesn't feel particularly Scottish, or just wants the best from a short career given the talent he has, or a mix of all of them.  My money's on the latter though.

And to be honest, although I'd love for him to represent us, people like you will only cement his decision.  

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yes, the boy born in Lambeth, to parents from the Ivory Coast, is definitely Scottish.  

If we're defining things, he's either English or Ivorian.  In football terms, he can be Scottish, Ivorian or English.  He sounds like he's choosing England either because he feels English, doesn't feel particularly Scottish, or just wants the best from a short career given the talent he has, or a mix of all of them.  My money's on the latter though.

And to be honest, although I'd love for him to represent us, people like you will only cement his decision.  

He's Scottish.  I doubt my posts on here will have an influence.  Very Farage-esque view of nationality from you though.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

He's Scottish.  I doubt my posts on here will have an influence.  Very Farage-esque view of nationality from you though.

Well I'm sure knowing that you're greeting away going "he's scoatish but" will be salve to such a painful decision for him.

You can have whatever "view" on nationality that you like, but he's clearly not arsed representing us.  Why should he, exactly?  It's fucking football, stop being so dramatic.  He owes the country nothing in a footballing sense.  I'm sure he's very grateful to the upbringing its given him, but are we really saying he should represent us out of "oh, well I may as well?"  Do you really want someone not really committed to representing us doing so?

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Well I'm sure knowing that you're greeting away going "he's scoatish but" will be salve to such a painful decision for him.

You can have whatever "view" on nationality that you like, but he's clearly not arsed representing us.  Why should he, exactly?  It's fucking football, stop being so dramatic.  He owes the country nothing in a footballing sense.  I'm sure he's very grateful to the upbringing its given him, but are we really saying he should represent us out of "oh, well I may as well?"  Do you really want someone not really committed to representing us doing so?

Absolutely, if he's good I couldn't give a fk if he sings FOS to get to sleep every night or not.  He's Scottish and looks brilliant, what sort of idiot wouldn't want him representing us?

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Absolutely, if he's good I couldn't give a fk if he sings FOS to get to sleep every night or not.  He's Scottish and looks brilliant, what sort of idiot wouldn't want him representing us?

I would love him to.  If he actually wants to.  And given we've kind of moved on from slavery and the like, we can't actually force him to.  Would you rather we did?

He'll play for who he wants to play for.  That likely won't be us.  Should we just be continuously raging about that?  Or should we concentrate on people that actually want to play for us?

8 minutes ago, forameus said:

I would love him to.  If he actually wants to.  And given we've kind of moved on from slavery and the like, we can't actually force him to.  Would you rather we did?

He'll play for who he wants to play for.  That likely won't be us.  Should we just be continuously raging about that?  Or should we concentrate on people that actually want to play for us?

Its okay and entirely natural to be annoyed for a wee while.  Calm your jets.

On 26/04/2019 at 11:37, DAFC. said:

Pretty well tbf. 

Yeah? Where’s the next British grand slam winner? 

1 winner in 20 years since Andy went to Spain isn’t working well for tennis. It’s worked for him great. Sport didn’t capitalise at all on his success.