Independence Marches - 2019

Colkitto

5 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Nah he got his leg up at the  HoF rallies in George Square before Indy ref 1.

Is this the worst crime Tommy Sheridan has committed? Very possibly.

4 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Civic Nationalism

image.jpg

Nothing uncivic about it. It doesn't say "English people get out of Scotland".

Btw, looking at the crazy christians standing behind him, I would hazard a guess that this isn't a left wing branch of the independence movement.

On 01/05/2019 at 22:14, BawWatchin said:

Nothing uncivic about it. It doesn't say "English people get out of Scotland".

Btw, looking at the crazy christians standing behind him, I would hazard a guess that this isn't a left wing branch of the independence movement.

It doesn't say that but that's how it will be spun, these people are very stupid and the independence campaign should have nothing to do with them.

It doesn't say that but that's how it will be spun, these people are very stupid and the independence campaign should have nothing to do with them.
They are the image of independence that absolutely resonates with me funnily enough.

Why do you think that is? Would you genuinely say this kind of attitude is anything other than a weird fringe of the independence movement as personified by twats like Clerkin?
It's the apex of the twats to be fair. Creeps me out every bit as much as as UKIP roasters though. I wouldn't underestimate the disproportionate damage they do.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:
Why do you think that is? Would you genuinely say this kind of attitude is anything other than a weird fringe of the independence movement as personified by twats like Clerkin?

It's the apex of the twats to be fair. Creeps me out every bit as much as as UKIP roasters though. I wouldn't underestimate the disproportionate damage they do.

Yeah, it's the same way its hard to see no voters as anything other than Nazi saluting racist orange order members. The unionist movement really hasn't done anything near enough to distance themselves from these people.

Yeah, it's the same way its hard to see no voters as anything other than Nazi saluting racist orange order members. The unionist movement really hasn't done anything near enough to distance themselves from these people.
It's only my opinion but I feel the % of roasters in nationalism is probably higher in number and profile. Nazi orange racists are thin in numbers and short on publicity comparatively. If I went out to the pub say I think I could find a mildly "roasty" Nationalist much easier than an Nazi orange racist. I will qualify that by admitting to be mainly East coast in my day to day and less sullied by sectarianism generally.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
16 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's only my opinion but I feel the % of roasters in nationalism is probably higher in number and profile. Nazi orange racists are thin in numbers and short on publicity comparatively. If I went out to the pub say I think I could find a mildly "roasty" Nationalist much easier than an Nazi orange racist. I will qualify that by admitting to be mainly East coast in my day to day and less sullied by sectarianism generally.

To be honest, that's probably you just seeing what you want to see as you are a British nationalist. Nobody really wants to admit just how vile part of their own side is, but racism and sectarianism was a key part of the no vote, and was actively courted by the no campaign and continues to be by both the Tories and Labour since. 

To be honest, that's probably you just seeing what you want to see as you are a British nationalist. Nobody really wants to admit just how vile part of their own side is, but racism and sectarianism was a key part of the no vote, and was actively courted by the no campaign and continues to be by both the Tories and Labour since. 
What was the racist bit ?

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:
5 minutes ago, GAD said:

What was the racist bit ?

The Nazi salutes were pretty racist.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:
3 minutes ago, GAD said:
The Nazi salutes were pretty racist.

Fair enough and what part of the nationalist movement fit the "vile" bit.

British or Scottish Nationalist?

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
4 minutes ago, GAD said:
British or Scottish Nationalist?

Scottish

Knee-jerk online abuse and bullying, as well as anti English sentiment from a certain element that doesn't get challenged as robustly as it should.

Knee-jerk online abuse and bullying, as well as anti English sentiment from a certain element that doesn't get challenged as robustly as it should.
Yes. Completely unproductive behaviour that ironically harms the movement they are supporting and I mean that from both sides. Aggression never wins arguments but simply entrenches positions.