Whitehill welfare 2019/20

There you go that's no a pyramid then,until something is done about tier 5 relegation and yes theres naewhere to go in the north  then the HFL clubs are defo at an advantage  ?
Pretty much all the teams that could step up to the HL already have from the North Juniors. They couldn't even fill one vacancy in the HL. Bar a few the rest of the teams out with the HL are not far off amateur teams playing in front of little to zero crowds.

The LL will have more tiers cause there is plenty of clubs outwith tier 5 to create additional leagues. The EOS Premier has a number of decent sized clubs.

I'm sure if it was the other way around you wouldn't want WW playing in an amateur league just so there was the same number of tiers in the HL and LL.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

You still banging on about this Broony :lol:

For the sake of Scots cup prelims now aye the LL are very much disadvantaged, finish bottom HFL stay round 1 finish bottom LL potentially 2 or more games to get even get close to round 1 🤔

21 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I'm sure if it was the other way around you wouldn't want WW playing in an amateur league just so there was the same number of tiers in the HL and LL.

I'm on about Scottish cup participation and its awready been pointed oot aboot the difference between the HFL and the LL 😴

Edited by newcastle broon

10 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

...Bar a few the rest of the teams out with the HL are not far off amateur teams playing in front of little to zero crowds...

True as far as it goes but could also have been said about Formartine, Turriff United and Strathspey Thistle at one point.

44 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

For the sake of Scots cup prelims now aye the LL are very much disadvantaged, finish bottom HFL stay round 1 finish bottom LL potentially 2 or more games to get even get close to round 1 🤔

I'm on about Scottish cup participation and its awready been pointed oot aboot the difference between the HFL and the LL 😴

Right now it's one or two games. There are only 2 preliminary rounds.

It's not the LL that is disadvantaged. Its the EoS/SoS club that used to be a LL side that is.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Right now it's one or two games. There are only 2 preliminary rounds.

It's not the LL that is disadvantaged. Its the EoS/SoS club that used to be a LL side that is.

Which is ww just now but will be a few more in the future. 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Ok then 1st prelim 10th August.

How many clubs will play and how many will receive byes.

Likewise 2nd prelim  ? 

And whens the draw  ? 

image.png.31b2d97306c94c032bd3eac60ddfc08f.png

Last year's draw took place on 16th July. So probably a couple of weeks to go. Haven't seen anything announced as yet.

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ok then 1st prelim 10th August.

How many clubs will play and how many will receive byes.

Likewise 2nd prelim  ? 

And whens the draw  ? 

There are 27 clubs in the preliminaries, 23 licensed clubs & 4 qualifiers. In PR1, 1 club will receive a bye at random (the 4 qualifiers aren't eligible), with the remaining 26 playing in 13 ties. The 14 remaining clubs play PR2 and the 7 winners go to the first round.

The NCL  are positive about the pyramid,I know one of the guys that runs St.Duthus has already mentioned that they are ambitious,pity about the north juniors but agree with an earlier post that BoD this time next year should be preparing for their first season in the SHFL.

As for fairness,as already been mentioned the population imbalance between north and south is awkward but who in their right mind can deny the Highland league,a league that has been up and running since 1893 and produced 6 teams that now ply there trade in the SPFL( Ross County,Inverness Thistle,Caledonian(ICT),Peterhead,Elgin City and now Cove Rangers),their rightful place at tier 5 in the pyramid.

23 minutes ago, jedirules said:

Biggest Money offer ,,,,,,,,,,, so off he went :thumsup2  did the dirty on Vale as well

although he cant have as bad as bad a season as last year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He never done any dirty on the Vale, Vale announced him and the Peebles boys when they hadn't even signed anything with the club and after that decided they didn't want to go there.

Same as Tony Muir was supposed to sign for Broxburn then Penicuck and then goes and signs for Whitehill..... Stuff like that happens all the time and if you had to choose between Berwick or Vale, with no disrespect to Vale, I think 9 times out of 10 anyone would choose Berwick.

Dont know why you're having a dig at the boy for breaking his arm last year he always gave his all in a Whitehill shirt and always has good things to say about the club 

2 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

He never done any dirty on the Vale, Vale announced him and the Peebles boys when they hadn't even signed anything with the club and after that decided they didn't want to go there.

Same as Tony Muir was supposed to sign for Broxburn then Penicuck and then goes and signs for Whitehill..... Stuff like that happens all the time and if you had to choose between Berwick or Vale, with no disrespect to Vale, I think 9 times out of 10 anyone would choose Berwick.

Dont know why you're having a dig at the boy for breaking his arm last year he always gave his all in a Whitehill shirt and always has good things to say about the club 

wasnt digging mate good luck to him getting the money , i never slagged him about his arm ! think your reading it wrong 

11 minutes ago, jedirules said:

wasnt digging mate good luck to him getting the money , i never slagged him about his arm ! think your reading it wrong 

I know right maybe he'll get his full wage at Berwick rather than just some of it, seems like a dig as he spent most of the season not playing and off work from his injury 

5 hours ago, Redcar said:

Jack Wright finally confirmed as signing for Berwick. 

Will be a good signing for you Redcar,for his size certainly gets stuck right in.

5 hours ago, jedirules said:

Biggest Money offer ,,,,,,,,,,, so off he went :thumsup2  did the dirty on Vale as well

although he cant have as bad as bad a season as last year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Very harsh considering he picked up a bad injury on an artificial park which I dont think wouldve been half as bad on grass but that's for another day.

Very harsh considering he picked up a bad injury on an artificial park which I dont think wouldve been half as bad on grass but that's for another day.
What evidence is there that the 3g surface made the injury worse?

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
On 02/07/2019 at 20:38, newcastle broon said:

What evidence is there that the 3g surface made the injury worse?

Just an opinion that's all. 

Popped out to see Rosslyn chapel today with ma 2 laddies,afterwards popped across the glen to my 1st visit to Ferguson park.

The main gates were open so we popped in for a look.

Good set up and very well looked after ground too,I can see why the social club is a winner.

Midlothian council have went a bit daft wae the speed bumps thru the village though!!

Will head out to take in a game next season.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Popped out to see Rosslyn chapel today with ma 2 laddies,afterwards popped across the glen to my 1st visit to Ferguson park.

The main gates were open so we popped in for a look.

Good set up and very well looked after ground too,I can see why the social club is a winner.

Midlothian council have went a bit daft wae the speed bumps thru the village though!!

Will head out to take in a game next season.

Any sign of floodlights