English Premier League 2019-20

To be fair they are missing Ederson, Laporte and Sane. 

For me, Laporte is their main issue. Not even so much that he is a very good defender, it’s the resulting loss of Fernandinho from their midfield. That guy is an absolute monster in the middle of the park and a massive loss. Fernandinho does a job at centre back but nothing near what he does in the middle. Rodri looks decent but it’s still early days for him. At the same time though with the money Man City have Laporte shouldn’t be the only decent centre back they have.

Man City 2-1 up in a must win game at home in an end to end encounter, and there were still home fans leaving with 10 minutes to go.

English football is weird.

Then, when a goal goes in with 30 seconds left, they spend a minute debating it then rule it out because a players armpit was a millimetre further forward than a defender.

f**k VAR = Death of Football....
This.

Even in the cases where it is coming down on the right side of a razor thin margin decision, the effect it has on the game isnt worth it, despite the "BUT IT ARRIVED AT THE RIGHT DECISION" wailing.

Just watching the youtube highlights of todays games and even in these short videos var has me seething.

Shite.

The boy "fouled" was about 6 yards from the goalscorer and it had absolutely no impact at all on the goal.
You see that contact at every single set piece put into the box.
How they're using VAR is just stupid.
thumbnail.jpeg.2f4fc9adff25d3925fd2d5660cfff7d6.jpeg
Theres the "foul". The goalscorer isnt even in view, and his header is already heading towards goal. This is far too pedantic for its considering they wont do it consistently, and not what I expected VAR to be used for. 

The goalscorer isn't in view correct, but his header isn't "heading towards goal" - the goal was touched in from about a yard after the push. It's unlikely but Loveren could have cut out the initial flick on header (the one that has just happened in the screenshot) so it's pretty clearly a foul and would have been even if that wasn't the case. VAR is shite and I'm no fan of Liverpool, but there does seem to be an awful lot of conspiracy theory bollocks and nonsense about decisions only ever going for Liverpool floating around. If they do win the league it will be deserved, not because VAR somehow favours them.

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The goalscorer isn't in view correct, but his header isn't "heading towards goal" - the goal was touched in from about a yard after the push. It's unlikely but Loveren could have cut out the initial flick on header (the one that has just happened in the screenshot) so it's pretty clearly a foul and would have been even if that wasn't the case. VAR is shite and I'm no fan of Liverpool, but there does seem to be an awful lot of conspiracy theory bollocks and nonsense about decisions only ever going for Liverpool floating around. If they do win the league it will be deserved, not because VAR somehow favours them.

It goes about 3 feet over the Number 5 in that photo, so I've absolutely no idea why you think Lovren could cut it out.

1 hour ago, Juantwothree said:

It was a foul so free kick awarded cant see the arguement here tbh

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Are you aware all this has absolutely no relevance to whether it was a foul?

My point is that it had zero effect on the goal, and happens at literally every corner, so it's a bit shite that the only time its punished all game is to rule put a goal that it had no effect on.

Guest Moomintroll
My point is that it had zero effect on the goal, and happens at literally every corner, so it's a bit shite that the only time its punished all game is to rule put a goal that it had no effect on.
I see where you are coming from here RG as corners are my biggest bugbear with regards to the number of fouls that are happening simultaneously, utterly inconsistent but still correct within the IFAB guidance unfortunately. It is a bizzare absolute, but imagine a defender from the attacking team punching another player in his or her own half while a goal is being scored, the correct decision there is to send him off, award a free kick & rule out the goal even though he or she was 80 yards away.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just another instance that VAR was brought in for and plus I couldn't give a f**k because I support liverpool so I'm probably wearing red tinted specs