Cove Thread

Cove close to signing former Aberdeen and County youth player Mark Gallagher. Now 22 and was a trialist for us against Dunfermline. Looked quite impressive or not out of place at least. Gal then lined up against us on the weekend for Formartine, his current club.

We don't need yet another CM so unless we are adding depth, we might be succession planning for someone leaving. Rumours circulating on the latter 

Screenshot_2023-07-04-16-38-15-16_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

On 04/07/2023 at 17:41, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove close to signing former Aberdeen and County youth player Mark Gallagher. Now 22 and was a trialist for us against Dunfermline. Looked quite impressive or not out of place at least. Gal then lined up against us on the weekend for Formartine, his current club.

We don't need yet another CM so unless we are adding depth, we might be succession planning for someone leaving. Rumours circulating on the latter 

Screenshot_2023-07-04-16-38-15-16_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Hopefully Fyvie.

Cove's 7th signing of the season is Mark Gallagher. Formerly of County and Aberdeen and more recently of Highland League side Formartine. 2 year deal.

Impressed against Dunfermline in pre-season. Definitely a player there and alongside Fyvie, Yule etc he could show his previous promise. 

Supposedly McInnes was a big admirer of Gallagher and paid County in the region of 60-90k for him when he was 18/19 years old.

Screenshot_2023-07-06-19-01-37-43_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Thinking taking the loon over to the game tomorrow. No disrespect to Fraserburgh but surely the club could have got a more glamour tie for Connor considering he’s came up through the ranks. 
just feels like the Fraserburgh friendly was arranged and just added Connor scully’s testimonial to it 

43 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Thinking taking the loon over to the game tomorrow. No disrespect to Fraserburgh but surely the club could have got a more glamour tie for Connor considering he’s came up through the ranks. 
just feels like the Fraserburgh friendly was arranged and just added Connor scully’s testimonial to it 

My thoughts too. I didn't even realise this was his testimonial match until early in the week when it was announced by the club. Seems to have been bolted on last minute. He did have a testimonial dinner and auction. Went to that and it raised significant money. He must have shelled in heaps that night, tax free income. 

Actually thinking about it can you have 2 testimonial events from an income/tax perspective. Completely out-with my knowledge.

Deserves a more high profiled opponent.

Last week there was a measly 275 attendance against Formartine. Was the lowest attendance I've seen for a Cove game at Balmoral by some distance. Broch travel in bigger numbers but there could easily be less than 500

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

My thoughts too. I didn't even realise this was his testimonial match until early in the week when it was announced by the club. Seems to have been bolted on last minute. He did have a testimonial dinner and auction. Went to that and it raised significant money. He must have shelled in heaps that night, tax free income. 

Actually thinking about it can you have 2 testimonial events from an income/tax perspective. Completely out-with my knowledge.

Last week there was a measly 275 attendance against Formartine. Was the lowest attendance I've seen for a Cove game at Balmoral by some distance. Broch travel in bigger numbers but there could easily be less than 500

Yes. Normal practice is for it to be a "testimonial year" with a series of events. Usually a dinner or two, golf day and a match.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes. Normal practice is for it to be a "testimonial year" with a series of events. Usually a dinner or two, golf day and a match.

Substantial monetary benefit is a testimonal year then. After 10 years of service for one club it's justified.

I think his auction and heads or tails raised easily £8k if not more. That was my quick arithmetic on the night after a couple of drinks so could be slightly off. Might have got a percentage of dinner ticket price too but maybe not.

Will make far less this time with a low crowd friendly and £10/£5 ticket price. But still a nice to have.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I hope he gets a good crowd for it as he definitely deserves it seems bad timing especially start of the trade for night. On Fraserburgh they’ve managed to get a Celtic XI up last week and Aberdeen are up next week you’d have hoped cove would have pushed for a name like that. 

As you say will be a day to remember for him in a few years. Guys like Scully are the ones who deserve it. Cracking guy always gives the son a thumbs up when see him in coop 

Few new faces today at Balmoral on trial.

First one Connor McBride @Ro Sham Bo? He looks really tall. Easily 6ft 2 or 6ft 3

3rd photo I've definitely seen him before. @Skyline Drifter is that Josh Debayo? Playing CB. Doesn't look good enough.

2nd photo, the guy looks 6ft 1. Played CF

IMG_20230708_124757.jpg

IMG_20230708_124451.jpg

IMG_20230708_124448.jpg

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

First one Connor McBride @Ro Sham Bo? He looks really tall. Easily 6ft 2 or 6ft 3

3rd photo I've definitely seen him before. @Skyline Drifter is that Josh Debayo? Playing CB. Doesn't look good enough.

IMG_20230708_124757.jpg

IMG_20230708_124451.jpg

IMG_20230708_124448.jpg

Not Connor McBride, got a close up view. Heard him being called Dan

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hard to be sure. Not really a close enough photo but dont think so.  If it is he has changed his hairstyle.

Heard someone shouting Josh at him a few times towards the end of the game too. He was so average I wouldn't give him another trial match to be honest. All our trialists today we're in the same vein except the new keeper would looked impressive 

19 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Heard someone shouting Josh at him a few times towards the end of the game too. He was so average I wouldn't give him another trial match to be honest. All our trialists today we're in the same vein except the new keeper would looked impressive 

Alloa fans would be better placed to answer if he played for them last week. It could be him but hairstyle very different to how it was 2 years ago if so.

On 08/07/2023 at 12:55, CoveRangers1922 said:

IMG_20230708_124757.jpg

IMG_20230708_124451.jpg

IMG_20230708_124448.jpg

Surely the guy in the 2nd and 3rd photos are the same person? Or am I being wooshed?  🤔

34 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove v Peterhead, 8pm kick-off

Efe Embrose and Tyler Mykyta (LW), ex-Aberdeen youth, amongst the trialists as are an unknown to me right winger (see below). Anyone know who he is?

IMG_20230711_195143.jpg

Looks like Romelu Lukaku to me.