Cove Thread

Jimmy Plimsoles is Paul Hartley who is still clearly bitter about his time at Falkirk.

Anyway, what’s the story with Iain Vigurs? Injured, one of the players you’re trying to move on or both? I’ve had a suspicion that we may end up in for him, we need at least another body in midfield, I believe he’s good pals with Michael Gardyne and will have played with Rory McAllister and whilst I’m not sure where he’s based now he is from Stonehaven so is a relatively local boy. 

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Jimmy Plimsoles is Paul Hartley who is still clearly bitter about his time at Falkirk.

Anyway, what’s the story with Iain Vigurs? Injured, one of the players you’re trying to move on or both? I’ve had a suspicion that we may end up in for him, we need at least another body in midfield, I believe he’s good pals with Michael Gardyne and will have played with Rory McAllister and whilst I’m not sure where he’s based now he is from Stonehaven so is a relatively local boy. 

Vigurs not in the last two match day squads when 17 year old Milo Ochmanski, who is going out on loan shortly supposedly is, just doesn't add up. Wasn't mentioned as injured either and we've got about 8 CM's now.

Club haven't released anything yet but I'd be astounded if he isn't negotiating his release. 

He lives in Nairn so I can't see him joining Mo especially when one of his best mates is the manager at nearby Elgin. He's still got touch , awareness and ability to pick a ball but off the ball he just can't move and opposition coast by him.

Watched the Petrie post-match interview last week and was fully expecting a couple of players to come in but clearly clubs are holding onto players still

A player, in my opinion, that Cove should take in is Cieran Dunne. Yeah the one who left us in the summer. He could add something to us and I'm shocked he hasn't got a club yet. LW, not versatile, but raw speed and definitely capable in L1

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

No it isn’t

What because I defend my club from fans of a team that will never ever get back to where they were because they have been left behind? Jealous of our wealthy benefactors and critical of our ground when your own will never ever be finished? 

I just find it all hysterical 

As I said you are a tit.

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Vigurs not in the last two match day squads when 17 year old Milo Ochmanski, who is going out on loan shortly supposedly is, just doesn't add up. Wasn't mentioned as injured either and we've got about 8 CM's now.

Club haven't released anything yet but I'd be astounded if he isn't negotiating his release. 

He lives in Nairn so I can't see him joining Mo especially when one of his best mates is the manager at nearby Elgin. He's still got touch , awareness and ability to pick a ball but off the ball he just can't move and opposition coast by him.

Watched the Petrie post-match interview last week and was fully expecting a couple of players to come in but clearly clubs are holding onto players still

A player, in my opinion, that Cove should take in is Cieran Dunne. Yeah the one who left us in the summer. He could add something to us and I'm shocked he hasn't got a club yet. LW, not versatile, but raw speed and definitely capable in L1

Wouldn’t be surprised if Vigurs ended up at a team in the Highland League. Few options for him there and think he would be a stand out in the league 

8 hours ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

No it isn’t

What because I defend my club from fans of a team that will never ever get back to where they were because they have been left behind? Jealous of our wealthy benefactors and critical of our ground when your own will never ever be finished? 

I just find it all hysterical 

Hi Jimmy 

Slightly misrepresentative of the fact that I was commending your club for a tidy wee ground but critical of the fact that your level of ambition didn’t seem to see ball girls & boys are an integral part of being a real community asset, notwithstanding the fact that it slows down the game. My sense is that this fits the agenda of the manager you have to seek to negate any side that wants to play with tempo.

Anyway make hay while sun shines as your winter of discontent is coming your way my fine loon 😎

On 12/08/2023 at 22:58, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

That’s amusing because your level of ambition has hit its ceiling. No way you will go up automatically this season, if ever. If you are getting upset by a wee diddy club like us then our work at this level is done.

It’s good having a sugar daddy(s)((get your facts right)) that wants to invest the money they have made in our cash rich local economy. No one seems to  want to invest money into your club. Maybe the spice heeds wandering around your town centre might start a whip round? 

Hysterical 

The absolute state of this 

On 13/08/2023 at 10:07, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

If you read back the thread I didn’t start it …. 

I think you'll find that he was trying to be both complimentary and helpful. What do you know about our town centre anyway? Or are you just assuming that Falkirk has the level of drug problem that say, for example, Aberdeen has?

Hi Jimmy 

Noticed you’ve been conspicuously quiet over past couple of days but take it you’ve been following your big team over in Switzerland. Guess it doesn’t matter to you what rangers you follow follow. Planning to be at Berwick & Forest Green anytime soon 😎

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Hi Jimmy 

Noticed you’ve been conspicuously quiet over past couple of days but take it you’ve been following your big team over in Switzerland. Guess it doesn’t matter to you what rangers you follow follow. Planning to be at Berwick & Forest Green anytime soon 😎

Ah yes that famous club Forest Green Rangers 

On 16/08/2023 at 19:01, Kircer bairn said:

Hi Jimmy 

Half and ha.f scarf when they played Berwick Rangers a few years back?

2 hours ago, bbfandy said:

Anyone know if Mitch Megginson is back this weekend? If not, any indication when he's fit again?

He's supposedly going to face a late fitness test but is likely to play a part. Fyvie was expected to be back in contention for this week but that's now not the case.

Pantomime villain McGowan returns after his suspension 

Naismith away..That's all 10 Hartley January signings gone.

Was inevitable, given he was the only PT central belt player left and sack making that return journey 2, or even 3, times a week when he has no chance of being a regular.

I'd be amazed if he found another SPFL club. He's got to be the slowest player across all 4 divisions. Unbelievably only 29 and clearly for a centre back there should be years left.

Might get a gig in the Lowland league. His quality has nosedived after a fairly promising career.

Will be more to depart, expecting Vigurs next.

Screenshot_2023-08-19-10-20-08-54_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Naismith away..That's all 10 Hartley January signings gone.

Was inevitable, given he was the only PT central belt player left and sack making that return journey 2, or even 3, times a week when he has no chance of being a regular.

I'd be amazed if he found another SPFL club. He's got to be the slowest player across all 4 divisions. Unbelievably only 29 and clearly for a centre back there should be years left.

Might get a gig in the Lowland league. His quality has nosedived after a fairly promising career.

Will be more to depart, expecting Vigurs next.

Screenshot_2023-08-19-10-20-08-54_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Hasn’t even got a Lowland League club, Johnstone Burgh apparently.