Cove Thread

31 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

Be interesting to see where Burrell goes, looks like it won’t be Ross County tho 😜…… I really need to stop being so trusting of ex players. 

I would have liked to have seen Golding in pre season put up a fight for a place. Are we the only club in the division not to have signed anyone yet? 

I’ve spoken to a few regulars of late who are not convinced they will buy a season ticket so some names need to be brought in ASAP. 

Burrell will be hard to replace , we have similar problems as our successful loanees return 

looks like whoever recruits the smartest will be up there at the finish , which managers have an eye for someone in the leagues below 

although you guys do have an advantage in full time players leaving champs /premier sides looking for a full time gig .

20 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Be interesting to see where Burrell goes, looks like it won’t be Ross County tho 😜…… I really need to stop being so trusting of ex players. 

I would have liked to have seen Golding in pre season put up a fight for a place. Are we the only club in the division not to have signed anyone yet? 

I’ve spoken to a few regulars of late who are not convinced they will buy a season ticket so some names need to be brought in ASAP. 

I do suspect if County had gone down it might have been an option for him.

I have to say though if I was an ex player I would be telling people different versions of a story to see what came out, feels like it would be a laugh.

Definitely need to get someone in up front to support Mitch and Kyle, I am in that camp of not sure about renewing my season ticket, some sensible signings and a decent preseason effort might convince me.  I don’t mind getting a season ticket to see the team lose every time, I just want to see them at least trying.  

On 28/05/2024 at 07:55, 1320Lichtie said:

I mean we train in Edinburgh and Inverness train somewhere that’s not Inverness, can’t quite remember where, mind there was a big furore and uproar when it was announced….. 😉 

So absolutely not a chance of ending up here. If he’s going to be living in Aberdeen then you’d imagine Cove would be the only place suitable for him unless he fancies a load of travelling or going PT with Peterhead.

Unless Banks o Dee give him a go 😉

1 hour ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Funny the statement saying 19 players on the books with those coming back from loans and more to be announced departing.
Looking like back to back rebuilds which isn’t always a good thing unless you guys have targets interested and not relying on clearing some more players before taking any in 

I see Arbroath been taking what looks like some good players already league 1 going the most exciting league this year I think 

3 hours ago, Jo9 said:

I do suspect if County had gone down it might have been an option for him.

I have to say though if I was an ex player I would be telling people different versions of a story to see what came out, feels like it would be a laugh.

Reading into the club statement Burrell doesn’t appear to have a club lined up tho and he wasn’t the only one who seemed to think County was the destination but yeah. 

I’ve yet to decide about my season ticket. It’s a big part of my semi retirement going to the football as I really can’t be arsed spending 5 hours at the golf club with the speed it takes to play these days. Like most folk I do prefer the away days and it’s something to do in the bleak mid winter but if it’s going to be another year of mediocre performances and no entertainment then I might just pick and choose the home games …… sign a few exciting prospects tho and it’s another story! 

33 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Just wondered how Mark Reynolds played last season, he is 37 but could he go another season

I thought he was OK in some games but defensively we were often poor, he can still drive forward. Others may disagree but I really don’t think the plan was he was going to be a first team regular but it was clear after the early league cup games and the calibre of those brought in he would have to soldier on. 

For me he has come to the end of a pretty decent career, very good job off the park so guess he will call it a day? 

Aye, how did Shiels get on with you guys? Would be an amazing job if we could get him back in. He was arguably our best performer both defensively and in an attacking sense for the first half of the season.

Our best run of the season was when he was in the team and him leaving, considerably weakened us at both ends of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Aye, how did Shiels get on with you guys? Would be an amazing job if we could get him back in. He was arguably our best performer both defensively and in an attacking sense for the first half of the season.

Our best run of the season was when he was in the team and him leaving, considerably weakened us at both ends of the pitch.

Played a few games and done alright then picked up an injury and hadn't played since mid march.

10 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Played a few games and done alright then picked up an injury and hadn't played since mid march.

Fair enough, so not enough to earn a new deal. If we could get him back to even 80% of what we had the first half of last season, he'd be a great addition.

1 minute ago, squeezebox-son said:

Fair enough, so not enough to earn a new deal. If we could get him back to even 80% of what we had the first half of last season, he'd be a great addition.

He was the only raised eyebrow for me really. It seemed he was mates with Mikey Doyle and looked decent when he arrived and I would have offered him a deal. Maybe he wasn’t interested or maybe like so many didn’t rate the manager. Good luck to him. 

Posted (edited)

Get no news from the from the club for ages and then it all appears at once.

Four preseason games announced to be played at Balmoral.

Dunfermline Athletic Tuesday, July 2nd 7.30pm kick-off
Banks O’Dee Thursday, July 4th 7.30pm kick-off
Inverurie Locos Saturday, July 6th 1.00pm kick-off
Formartine United Tuesday, July 9th 7.30pm kick-off
Edited by Jo9

4 hours ago, Jo9 said:

Get no news from the from the club for ages and then it all appears at once.

Four preseason games announced to be played at Balmoral.

Dunfermline Athletic Tuesday, July 2nd 7.30pm kick-off
Banks O’Dee Thursday, July 4th 7.30pm kick-off
Inverurie Locos Saturday, July 6th 1.00pm kick-off
Formartine United Tuesday, July 9th 7.30pm kick-off

Really hope the locos game isn’t Blair Yule’s testimonial game. Along with scully and McKenzie with Fraserburgh and Dunfermline respectfully you’d hope the get more a name club in to get more a crowd.
Blair and his family are friends of some my family maybe why hoping he gets something good for his day  

Posted (edited)

Seen Andy Considine's been released by St Johnstone wouldn't be surprised if we were in for him especially since Reynolds is leaving.

Edited by covefan97

34 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Seen Andy Considine's been released by St Johnstone wouldn't be surprised if we were in for him especially since Reynolds is leaving.

I wouldn’t be against that to be honest.