Cove Thread

McPake to the Premiership I didn't see coming at all to be honest. Thought Championship was about the level he could aspire to but Levein must have seen something. Might be benched regular or loan out, who knows.

Saints also signed Sanders, sigh. A couple need chalked off my list. Will need to add a few more at this rate.

We had Alfie Stewart on loan from Aberdeen last season, would think if going out on loan again they may look at a higher level, as mentioned they probably expect loan players to get game time, we found last season he had often played for their youth team on the Friday then we had him on the Saturday. Good player who probably needs to be tested to see just how good he is. We seem to have plenty midfielders at Peterhead for the coming season but would like Alfie to continue to progress

Need to chalk Clark Robertson off the list. Would have been extremely ambitious and like I said only if he wanted to stay in the city. 

Signs for Dundee on a 2 year deal. Good business from the Doc.

On 18/06/2024 at 17:19, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Surprised to see Harvey Walker down as right winger, pretty sure he played almost exclusively on the left in his game time at QoS. As has been covered, a fast, head down and run type of player, usually into a dead end.

He could do either but certainly played more often on the left. Not enough end product ultimately as you say but then, after a bright enough start where he scored twice before the end of August, and had an excellent game at Cove first time out, his opportunities were limited, I think mainly because he wasn't really trusted defensively and we generally played with wing backs rather than 4-4-2. He'd be a much better player for a team using 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 who didn't per se need him to defend the lines.

Anyway, he told me he was going back to London so, whilst things can change quickly in football, I'm not expecting to see him sign for another Scottish club.

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Need to chalk Clark Robertson off the list. Would have been extremely ambitious and like I said only if he wanted to stay in the city. 

Signs for Dundee on a 2 year deal. Good business from the Doc.

I never seriously thought he would come to us but I am surprised he has gone to Dundee, that’s a very good move for him. I’m not sure he is at the level they produced in some of their early season stuff from last season and what will be expected this time round but I’ve not seen him play for years so that may be harsh. 

1 hour ago, Jo9 said:

@CoveRangers1922 you can scratch Brody off your list as well.  Just signed for Kelty 

Saw that, it's a dwindling list right enough.

11 out and only 1 in doesn't make great reading a few days away from July, saying that at least we're not repeating last seasons recruitment strategy as of yet anyway.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Based on the fixtures the first, the first five games should be a good barometer of how the season is going to look.

12 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Saw that, it's a dwindling list right enough.

11 out and only 1 in doesn't make great reading a few days away from July, saying that at least we're not repeating last seasons recruitment strategy as of yet anyway.

At the moment the 11 out is not bothering me, as I have said before that feels like a bit of a correction on last years nonsense.

The 1 in is starting to get concerning, I know they have players training with them at the moment to get an idea of them, but that is a slight worry in that we haven't got a player we sign instantly and can just announce. 

1 hour ago, Jo9 said:

Based on the fixtures the first, the first five games should be a good barometer of how the season is going to look.

At the moment the 11 out is not bothering me, as I have said before that feels like a bit of a correction on last years nonsense.

The 1 in is starting to get concerning, I know they have players training with them at the moment to get an idea of them, but that is a slight worry in that we haven't got a player we sign instantly and can just announce. 

Agreed on the outgoings, were needed.

See Rumarn signed for Burton Albion in L1. That's a level higher than I expected him to go to. Got pace, can finish but missing some physicality. Interested to see if he gets game time and manages to cut it at that level.

One in doesn’t fill me with much confidence. Clearly no PCA's were in place.

Surely we had/have a shortlist of players lined up for summer recruitment. Have we missed out on some, probably. Do we have secondary choices or is it mostly going to be loans?

I don't mind calculated but already quite a few signings have been made by others that would have strengthen us. 

For me, we desperately need the following;

LB

CB

CB

LW

RW

FW×2

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agreed on the outgoings, were needed.

See Rumarn signed for Burton Albion in L1. That's a level higher than I expected him to go to. Got pace, can finish but missing some physicality. Interested to see if he gets game time and manages to cut it at that level.

One in doesn’t fill me with much confidence. Clearly no PCA's were in place.

Surely we had/have a shortlist of players lined up for summer recruitment. Have we missed out on some, probably. Do we have secondary choices or is it mostly going to be loans?

I don't mind calculated but already quite a few signings have been made by others that would have strengthen us. 

For me, we desperately need the following;

LB

CB

CB

LW

RW

FW×2

That will be a good test for him at that level, worst comes to worst we might get him on Loan in January!

Its hard to even know on your list which has the highest priority,   need to get the defence shored up, but at the same time I just can't see where our goals are going to come from.

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Scottish football is so fragile once you lose your sugar daddy you are OUT.

No fans ,nothing.

Rubbish,I would rather have Buckie in League 1 - a true community club.

Or Brechin.

That's cute.

On 27/06/2024 at 10:54, CoveRangers1922 said:

If we had a shortlist of players we haven’t signed any of them (well maybe Declan Glass was on the shortlist). 

I hear we have some players training with us, won’t speculate to avoid getting shot down in flames. I’m surprised we haven’t signed anyone else last week, still plenty of players out there not tied up for next season so not time to press the panic button. Sadly I’m away with work all next week so will miss the friendlies where I suspect we will play some trialists? 

Worryingly I read and hear a fair few swithering on season tickets. I’ve not got mine yet but it won’t depend on who we sign. 

22 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

If we had a shortlist of players we haven’t signed any of them (well maybe Declan Glass was on the shortlist). 

I hear we have some players training with us, won’t speculate to avoid getting shot down in flames. I’m surprised we haven’t signed anyone else last week, still plenty of players out there not tied up for next season so not time to press the panic button. Sadly I’m away with work all next week so will miss the friendlies where I suspect we will play some trialists? 

Worryingly I read and hear a fair few swithering on season tickets. I’ve not got mine yet but it won’t depend on who we sign. 

Probably best not to speculate given your sources history.  😂

I am in the camp of not getting my season ticket yet.  I will say it’s because I am waiting for signings and god knows what else.  Realistically I am booking holidays and trips and trying to determine if it’s value for money getting a season ticket.

I know a few others that haven’t bought their season tickets, all are in similar boats but it’s so much funner to give other reasons despite the fact they are still gunna get the ticket. 

Edited by Jo9

21 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

Probably best not to speculate given your sources history.  😂

I am in the camp of not getting my season ticket yet.  I will say it’s because I am waiting for signings and god knows what else.  Realistically I am booking holidays and trips and trying to determine if it’s value for money getting a season ticket.

I know a few others that haven’t bought their season tickets, all are in similar boats but it’s so much funner to give other reasons despite the fact they are still gunna get the ticket. 

LOL! 

I just can’t see me heading up from Carnoustie in the winter this year for every game so might just pick and choose but I’ve said that for the last 3 years since we moved down here and every Saturday morning it’s a standing joke with my missus that I’ve said all week I’m not going and I always end up going!

As others have said tho we need 2 strikers or at a minimum one who might bring out the very best in Mitch’s twilight years. 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

Can anyone advise more on the what game Will be Blair’s testimonial  game?

few things on next few Saturdays but I know my dad is keen to go with being close to his family.

seems to have gone all quiet on that front from the club.

r

2 hours ago, Jo9 said:

Anyone else heading along to tonight's match?

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the Trialist clan. 

Can you pay at the gate for this?

Don't want to buy an online ticket too early in case I'm not available later, but don't want to end up in a situation whereby it's too late to get processed.