Cove Thread

19 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can you pay at the gate for this?

Don't want to buy an online ticket too early in case I'm not available later, but don't want to end up in a situation whereby it's too late to get processed.

I’ve bought tickets online less than an hour before kickoff Cove games before, albeit for standing and not seated. You’ll be fine. 

Edited by CrispyMelon

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can you pay at the gate for this?

Don't want to buy an online ticket too early in case I'm not available later, but don't want to end up in a situation whereby it's too late to get processed.

I am not sure to be honest, but you can buy online tickets until just before kick off I believe.  They might have someone available for purchasing near the gates, they normally do for league games but I can't say for a friendly.

Overall thought it was a good game, looks like there are potentially some promising signings in there.   One thing I did think compared to last season, despite each half having different teams I thought they actually played together well, last preseason it felt a bit every man for himself.

The number 2 trialist was a stand out for me and I did think that we looked good defensively (apart from their goal, which was just good) which is something I haven't been able to say for Cove in a long time.

Outside of the match, disappointing to see that the ground is still a mud pit, I know you can't control the weather but that surface needs sorted out sooner rather than later, and the communication that the Fanzone and catering was not going to be open was non existent.

8 hours ago, Jo9 said:

Overall thought it was a good game, looks like there are potentially some promising signings in there.   One thing I did think compared to last season, despite each half having different teams I thought they actually played together well, last preseason it felt a bit every man for himself.

The number 2 trialist was a stand out for me and I did think that we looked good defensively (apart from their goal, which was just good) which is something I haven't been able to say for Cove in a long time.

Outside of the match, disappointing to see that the ground is still a mud pit, I know you can't control the weather but that surface needs sorted out sooner rather than later, and the communication that the Fanzone and catering was not going to be open was non existent.

So was it 1-1? 

Be interesting to hear who any of the 11 (?) trialists are. I’m not back till tomorrow so doubt I will venture up. Did Milosz play? He got a few MoM awards at Locos last season so be interesting to see if our apprenticeship program is bearing fruit. 

Aye 1-1 in the end.

IMG_3858.thumb.jpeg.57619de5003e59ab1851f767f8d72091.jpeg

That photo is everyone who played. I think off the top of my head it was only Robertson the young keeper that didn’t get a shot.

Would say that all the trialists need a second game to get a good idea of what they are like.  

We think the number 2 I was rating was called Harry.

2 hours ago, Jo9 said:

Aye 1-1 in the end.

IMG_3858.thumb.jpeg.57619de5003e59ab1851f767f8d72091.jpeg

That photo is everyone who played. I think off the top of my head it was only Robertson the young keeper that didn’t get a shot.

Would say that all the trialists need a second game to get a good idea of what they are like.  

We think the number 2 I was rating was called Harry.

Going back to my original question how did Ochmanski play? I’m hearing good things about him 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

He seemed alright, be interesting to see him get the full 90 minutes before making a full judgement, he was playing on the other side of the pitch from where I was and I will admit I was watching the trialists more than the players we have signed up already.

Another match of not being disappointed by the performance.  Yet to see a trialist I would definitively say no absolutely not to.

It was definitely interesting to see the comparison of what looked like a first team Banks of Dee vs a trialist heavy Cove.  There are definitely some voices that think some at Banks of Dee could have a place at Cove and I was struggling to see which ones. 

Glad I went up tonight. First half was actually really entertaining. I think I’ve worked out that Ben Quinn played no 11….

IMG_3491.thumb.jpeg.3bc6f080167aaabf006c9314b4f7ad1c.jpeg

He was my man of the match to be fair (although we missed the first goal) and looks VERY lively. We will do well to sign him as he looks a class above, lovely cross on him too. We know it’s only BoD but we put more balls into good areas tonight than we did for most of last season! Ryan Harrington played No3 and yes I thought he looked good too (we actually thought they were shouting Brian!!). No9 we are not sure but I thought he looked lively and did well but seem to tire a bit before he was hooked……

IMG_3484.thumb.jpeg.b59b7247956155b643fea17ee285928f.jpeg

Second half wasn’t as good and it petered out a bit. I thought Gaffney and Strachan looked half decent. Strachan again providing lots of decent balls into the box from set pieces. Didn’t see enough of our other players to have an opinion and the trialists playing 14 and 22 were not of a great standard in the short time they got which is maybe a bit harsh. 

Would like to see a bit more of Quinn on Saturday that’s for sure. 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ryan Harrington, left back, and ex-Don youth player was a trialist for Cove tonight. Supposedly put in a strong performance.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-harrington/profil/spieler/344010

I liked Harrington when he was on loan at Montrose a few years back, although he was most definitely a right back at the time. Transfernarkt suggesting that he’s had a decent spread of games at RB, CB and LB as well as playing in midfield too which suggests that he’s rather versatile. Good signing for you lot if he is indeed signing. 

9 hours ago, Jo9 said:

There are definitely some voices that think some at Banks of Dee could have a place at Cove and I was struggling to see which ones. 

There are players in the HL I think can easily step up to L1 (but I’m struggling really to think of anyone at BoD) McLeod up front maybe? 

Only seen BoD play a couple of time last season but they seem to play as a unit rather than any outstanding stars.

Looking at pictures this morning I’m wondering if the No9 is Grady McGrath? If it his he is definitely one I would take from the HL in a heartbeat. 

2 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

There are players in the HL I think can easily step up to L1 (but I’m struggling really to think of anyone at BoD) McLeod up front maybe? 

Only seen BoD play a couple of time last season but they seem to play as a unit rather than any outstanding stars.

Looking at pictures this morning I’m wondering if the No9 is Grady McGrath? If it his he is definitely one I would take from the HL in a heartbeat. 

Yeah that's Grady McGrath 

7 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Yeah that's grady Mcgrath scored 32 goals and 5 hat tricks last season and about 40 the season before. That was in the Highland League but sure he could score a few higher up 

30 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Yeah that's grady Mcgrath scored 32 goals and 5 hat tricks last season and about 40 the season before. That was in the Highland League but sure he could score a few higher up 

That's close to Mitch numbers back in 2016-2018. Impressive and as another Brechin supporter said give him chances and he’ll put them away. Creating chances wasn't as easy for us last season but with Fyvie and Glass feeding him it could work

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's close to Mitch numbers back in 2016-2018. Impressive and as another Brechin supporter said give him chances and he’ll put them away. Creating chances wasn't as easy for us last season but with Fyvie and Glass feeding him it could work

Yeah that's exactly it if he gets good service he will put them away he's a great finisher. Only issue I had with him is he's some times easily pushed off the ball when he is 1 on 1 

I be writing a second out of contract wish list soon. The first one, including players I was watching out, have all but been snapped up.

Can we find a target man? A Rory in his prime would be worth his weight in gold. 

Will Hartley address the gaping hole that is our central defence? 

Will we ever play with wingers again?

Will we sign Grady or Harrington or get Ben Quinn on loan. Have we ever got a loan from Celtic? You'd think the Hartley connection would have been utilised. In fact, I think we once signed a young keeper, can't remember his name and he might have got injured and never played a minute.