Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

57 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

f**k that, raith bought him knowing full well the baggage. That’s our money now and should be used to build a more balanced squad in the summer.

As for DG he was lucky to have the platform we gave him, thought he could get it better elsewhere and it blew up in his face. f**k him…

I spent most of the first half yesterday watching through my fingers and yet the most embarrassing part of the day was hearing c***s singing about DG.

While I respect your opinion

You must also accept the opinion of others, the majority, based on an owners poll that they would like to see DGW back

While I respect your opinion
You must also accept the opinion of others, the majority, based on an owners poll that they would like to see DGW back
Less than 100 people voting in favour on the owners forum is not a majority. Its not even a majority of the owners never mind the overall fan base.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Less than 100 people voting in favour on the owners forum is not a majority. Its not even a majority of the owners never mind the overall fan base.

The majority that took part in the poll wanted to see him come back

I never said the majority of the overall fan base wanted to see him back as unless you handed out a voting card to everyone attending the next game then don’t know how you would know

Even doing that wouldn’t necessarily be right as not all the fan base necessarily attend games

However the online owners vote is the only empirical evidence that has been carried to date to measure fans views to my knowledge 

It better than statements such as “most fans don’t want him back” as has been said on here without any measurable evidence to support it

Polls on the Clyde site had John Gibson as our second best player in 15-16.

A random yes/no poll is not evidence of anything as there's absolutely no detail being given to enable an educated decision. What is the financial cost, what is the longer term impact on building a team around him and so on. Clyde fans, of course, have previous with this sort of thing when voting "yes" to a name change without a single other fantasy detail being set in stone.

And if we want to take the poll to mean anything, the fact that 37% of supporters wouldn't want the top scorer in Scotland playing for Clyde is far more telling IMO. The one thing that we don't need is a more divided fanbase.

11 hours ago, David W said:

Polls on the Clyde site had John Gibson as our second best player in 15-16....

A random yes/no poll is not evidence of anything as there's absolutely no detail being given to enable an educated decision...

And if we want to take the poll to mean anything, the fact that 37% of supporters wouldn't want the top scorer in Scotland playing for Clyde is far more telling IMO. The one thing that we don't need is a more divided fanbase.

Agreed. 

If we add in the 7% undecided that makes it 44% who are not in favour.  Hardly overwhelming any way.  

This make a decision and work it put later is a recurring theme with us Brexit and the like.  It might not be Clyde's last 'leap of faith' based on a whim.

Did you think Gibby would have been higher in that poll?

13 hours ago, Jack Phillips said:

Few rumours of goodwillie signing for Darvel

Realistically this is the only move for him if he wants to continue playing football.

Mick Kennedy - Use your peri peri cash and get it done ASAP so we can finally stop these weird Goodwillie cucks from spouting about 'bringing the captain home'.

Aw come on, obviously it’s all opinions, but honestly,  he was / is terrible even by his standards. Yes he rolled the ball into the net but he contributes absolutely nothing outwith that, literally nothing. Display’s no aggression, awareness of where to make runs and wins literally 2-3 headers every week. 

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Aw come on, obviously it’s all opinions, but honestly,  he was / is terrible even by his standards. Yes he rolled the ball into the net but he contributes absolutely nothing outwith that, literally nothing. Display’s no aggression, awareness of where to make runs and wins literally 2-3 headers every week. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing- but still his goal more of a contribution than any other player for this game 

Is the MOM vote on official site a wind up. Either that or I need to book an eye test!!

Jones, seriously! Oh my days, he barely broke a sweat and rolled the ball into an open goal. Very difficult to pick motm as they were all rotten but balatoni and Jones were the first two I’d have hooked at half time.