Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just now, FREDDYFRY said:

To me he is typical of the loans we normally get, decent ability and probably looks ok in 21’s but nowhere near good enough at this stage to help us.

Yeah. He looked good last season but I always worry about signing players that went a level up and it hasn’t quite worked out, so they need to drop back down. Doesn’t seem like he done much at ICT barring a couple of decent goals, so he may be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah. He looked good last season but I always worry about signing players that went a level up and it hasn’t quite worked out, so they need to drop back down. Doesn’t seem like he done much at ICT barring a couple of decent goals, so he may be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Thought ICT was a strange move for him not because I didn't think he's good enough for that level but because they had plenty of other options above him in the pecking order you just knew he would hardly have played. Been disappointing since returning but hopefully just a blip. Still more capable of creating something out of nothing than the rest of them as we got a glimpse of in the first half with his turn and shot that was brilliantly tipped onto the bar. Hopefully he will benefit more when players like Cuddihy and Cunningham are back in the team.

Really fearing the next 4 games. Could easily lose them all heavily. 

The chairman put out a passionate defence of the recruitment team in a recent post on the Clyde website.

The only fact that he has to concern himself with, is that a L2 (at best) squad has strengthened with a St Mirren loanee and an Ayr United loanee (who was at St Mirren until last summer), whilst losing the top scorer in Scotland, at a time when we were unable to strengthen. The transfer fee and saved wages will disappear entirely if we are relegated.

In truth, I'm not really sure why we required the aforementioned "team" to orchestrate that.

43 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

To me he is typical of the loans we normally get, decent ability and probably looks ok in 21’s but nowhere near good enough at this stage to help us.

Yeah agree that didn’t really get what all the hype about him last year was

Sure he runs about a lot but pretty much ineffective 

2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah agree that didn’t really get what all the hype about him last year was

Sure he runs about a lot but pretty much ineffective 

I'm pretty sure he's still our 3rd top goalscorer in the last year with 4 goals In 12 games. 

Will take him time but we need goodie back.

Like most real clyde fans I want Goodie back and anyone who would rather we got relegated than sign him for free need to give their head a wobble. 

Edited by BullyWee Craig

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Life without goodie should be using the money gained from the fee and wages freed up to sign 2, probably 3 good players in replacement. We didn’t give ourselves that chance unfortunately. 

Good luck with that! 

1 hour ago, BullyWee Craig said:

I'm pretty sure he's still our 3rd top goalscorer in the last year with 4 goals In 12 games. 

Will take him time but we need goodie back.

Like most real clyde fans I want Goodie back and anyone who would rather we got relegated than sign him for free need to give their head a wobble. 

Says it all, 4 goals and your the 3rd top scorer

Agree would be good to have goodie back but can’t see the board taking the risk

Though on the owners forum a poll of which about a quarter of owners voted on the majority would like to see him back

On 11/02/2022 at 21:59, shawfield shed boy said:

If you need an advert or a sign to let you know game on. You were never going to begin with & never will

Everyone knows where we play & when we play

Time to return to East end o Glasgow & bit of life in surroundings areas

Yer Mithers Pride

Let’s say we moved to the east end again, would you advertise games there or just work on the basis that folk were never going to turn up anyway? 

9 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Good luck with that! 

The theory of what could be done and the reality of what will be done are polar opposites I know. 

Dumbarton managed to sign a few in January whilst we meandered through the month getting 2 loans at the end, claiming there’s not much available. We have a recruitment team and an experienced management team at the end of the day and it comes across a bit lazy. I wondered at the time, but the lack of another loan in especially a striker pushes me more towards thinking the board want to keep the Goodwillie money (fee and wages saved) and just hope we stay up. 

Disappointing transfer window so far. Are we waiting for the loan leftovers after everyone else has had their hog roast with trimmings?

This, after admitting recruitment wasn't good enough in October.

So we sign a right back (to be played in midfield) and a 19 year old striker.

Danny specifically mentioned a creative midfielder. None

How many other clubs in our League have a "recruitment team"?

We're not exactly a great advert for clubs considering employing their own.

If we go down, we'll deserve it.

Incidentally, we're well into February and we've still never heard a cheap from our Head of Football Operations. Has he ever talked to any fan about his role/plans for the footballing side of the club? The most important part of the club to the ordinary Clyde fan.
Did he attend the AGM? Did he speak?

11 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Do you have to be a misogynist/ rape apologist to qualify as a real Clyde fan or does it merely help your cause? 

Depressing 24 hours I have to say.. after looking like at least stopping the rot, Danny displays his penchant to make decisions and selections like he has never seen a game of football in his life. Another Clydebank / Dumbarton first game performance. 

Nobody inside Broadwood except Lennon and I assume Moore would have named that starting 11 yesterday! Or made those changes when he eventually did. Changes should have been made at 20 mins!

What makes it more baffling is that he exactly the same against Montrose (different personnel but same issue) slow CH at full back etc etc.

Balatoni is finished, unbelievable that he is here let alone starting, 3 full backs in the squad yesterday and he persisted with Page (not page’s fault) he should have been at CH yesterday. Also didn’t help with Parry absolutely flapping at everything yesterday very strange performance from him.

Gomis finished.. does next to nothing, shame as he was a player but miles off it now. 
Jones.. not wasting my time on him now! GTF! Utter garbage 

Need to again get back to players in positions. McAllister at full back hopefully a fit Cuddihy in midfield, a Splain who turns up starting. Cunningham fit but with a boot up the backside to actually be braver!

Ally Love also finished in terms of anything creative but given we have absolutely nobody up front now I’d play him as a centre forward as at least he would try as be physical. 
Tade last 15 mins only, ever!

Try that and we might get enough draws to scrape survival but I’m not confident. 

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Incidentally, we're well into February and we've still never heard a cheap from our Head of Football Operations. Has he ever talked to any fan about his role/plans for the footballing side of the club? The most important part of the club to the ordinary Clyde fan.
Did he attend the AGM? Did he speak?

Diamond was at the fans meeting last year (Sept/Oct I think).  

Wasnt there myself but been well documented that he was specifically invited if he would like to comment on the recruitment to date and he uttered the response "No".

If I was the chairman at the end of the meeting I would have have said dont bother coming back and will put your P45 in the post.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

Let’s say we moved to the east end again, would you advertise games there or just work on the basis that folk were never going to turn up anyway? 

A ground share with shettleston is what we need to take the club to the next level, don’t you know?

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Depressing 24 hours I have to say.. after looking like at least stopping the rot, Danny displays his penchant to make decisions and selections like he has never seen a game of football in his life. Another Clydebank / Dumbarton first game performance. 

Nobody inside Broadwood except Lennon and I assume Moore would have named that starting 11 yesterday! Or made those changes when he eventually did. Changes should have been made at 20 mins!

What makes it more baffling is that he exactly the same against Montrose (different personnel but same issue) slow CH at full back etc etc.

Balatoni is finished, unbelievable that he is here let alone starting, 3 full backs in the squad yesterday and he persisted with Page (not page’s fault) he should have been at CH yesterday. Also didn’t help with Parry absolutely flapping at everything yesterday very strange performance from him.

Gomis finished.. does next to nothing, shame as he was a player but miles off it now. 
Jones.. not wasting my time on him now! GTF! Utter garbage 

Need to again get back to players in positions. McAllister at full back hopefully a fit Cuddihy in midfield, a Splain who turns up starting. Cunningham fit but with a boot up the backside to actually be braver!

Ally Love also finished in terms of anything creative but given we have absolutely nobody up front now I’d play him as a centre forward as at least he would try as be physical. 
Tade last 15 mins only, ever!

Try that and we might get enough draws to scrape survival but I’m not confident. 

Yes utter shambles yesterday.  If it wasnt so serious I could have burst out laughing what I was watching after 25 minutes.

We lost a goal after what....5 minutes.  But even before then we were all over the place.

I dont know if the players or DL realised but yesterday was the most important game  of the season and we should have been laser focused and on it from minute one as a win i think would have nearly guaranteed survival but instead they go and blow it and put us right back in the mix again.  Dont see us picking up much from the next 4 games.

Fair play to Dumbarton who again were the by far better team and could have easily been 5 or 6 up at half time and you couldnt complain.

Then DL comes out and apologises to the fans for good knows how many times this season for the performance.

Danny enough of apologies it time for action but unfortunately beyond that now as we assembled a squad of misfits and still dont know how we have managed to accumulate 30 points to date.

I dont know how they have managed to do it as they have been frankly rotten pretty much all season and have more than our fair slice of luck to date in games; montrose away, alloa home, cove home, QP home, dumbarton away, peterhead home, peterhead away, QP home, airdrie home (most one sided draw ever seen),

Assessment of the team

Parry - has been pretty good since joined but yesterday his worst performance to date

Page - not his fault as not a right back and least said about his throw ins the better

Balatoni - there is a reason he hasnt played for months and yesterday you could see that

Elsdon - probably our best player this season but again another that had an off day

Docherty - been good the last couple of months but didnt do anything of note yesterday

McAllister - from what I have heard best position is RB so why he not there instead of Page with Page moved one in to CH.  Good only knows

Gomis - was a good player but done now and contributed nothing all season

Livingstone - wouldnt have known he was playing

Love - runs about like a nutter but doesnt have any effect on games

Jones - ?????

Jamieson - headless chicken

On 11/02/2022 at 21:59, shawfield shed boy said:

If you need an advert or a sign to let you know game on. You were never going to begin with & never will

Everyone knows where we play & when we play

Time to return to East end o Glasgow & bit of life in surroundings areas

Yer Mithers Pride

That's why gambling companies don't advertise on TV?

If we can't attract punters to a modern all seated stadium with car parking etc, how can we expect any1 to show up at a crumbling junior park or a 'public park' with Lego stand?

I'd also suggest that advertising around Cumbernauld would give an impression we are committed to the area.

Of course, like so many things, we would expect an immediate impact and then bin it a month later.