Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

Fight for second place might be interesting. All six of the candidates behind Johnson aren’t that far away from one another.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sooky said:

Fight for second place might be interesting. All six of the candidates behind Johnson aren’t that far away from one another.

I'm actually hoping it's Gove in 2nd place so as the two of them can fight it out all over the media and basically destroy each other before their tenure as PM

If he keeps his voters Johnson is already assured of second place and a place in the postal ballot - I can see him trying to wriggle out of a televised debate.  

I actually thought that was a joke.
They're obviously so removed from reality that they don't quite understand that these very characters are exactly what's wrong with modern politics and why the political landscape is in the terrible state that it's in............

I had also completely assumed that was a joke. Quite a funny joke as well. Jeeziz.

6 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

After that, Johnson is the next PM without a shadow of a doubt, surely?.

Absolutely.

I'm hearing from several in the Accrington/Burnley area, who have always voted Labour, that given a GE with Boris as Tory leader, would now switch  and vote for him - given his stance on Brexit.

Stewart is toast at the next sift. There aren't enough moderates to go around. Such as there are will vote for Hunt.

Issue is that Stewart (19) and Hancock (20) have a very similar voting base I would suggest. If one dropped out, they might have a chance of reaching the magic 33 votes in the next round. Even though Stewart got less, I would argue he is more likely to get there based on momentum.

Looks like it's heading for a Johnson PM. No doubt the media will be full of "good old Boris" rubbish. But what's behind his clown shoes and clown mask? What has he actually achieved?

Let's not lose sight of the fact he'll lead a reactionary right-wing government that has treated Scottish MPs and Scotland with contempt. And now Davidson is urging the next PM to spend UK money directly on Scottish projects. As clear an intention to marginalise Holyrood as you'll see.

The good news? Probably pushing the figures for an independent Scotland higher.

13 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The good news? Probably pushing the figures for an independent Scotland higher.

Don't get your hopes up.

Westminster could pass a law that required all Scottish families to kill their firstborns by throwing them into a woodchipper and the WATP GSTQ brigade would still vote to stay in the Union.

I have no confidence that Independence will be achieved in my lifetime.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Don't get your hopes up.

Westminster could pass a law that required all Scottish families to kill their firstborns by throwing them into a woodchipper and the WATP GSTQ brigade would still vote to stay in the Union.

I have no confidence that Independence will be achieved in my lifetime.

Hopefully it will be achieved soon after your death.

35 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Issue is that Stewart (19) and Hancock (20) have a very similar voting base I would suggest. If one dropped out, they might have a chance of reaching the magic 33 votes in the next round. Even though Stewart got less, I would argue he is more likely to get there based on momentum.

Are Labour MPs allowed to vote, too?

Boris has been promising diametrically opposed things to the ERG and One Nation Tories. When he has hustings with them in the same room hopefully disillusion will kick in. And when he gets seriously quizzed about his other policies if he has any, other than getting the Jocks to pay for his tax cut for the rich. 

Archived