Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

RangersMedia is amusing. 'I despise this group of players'. Losing the LC cup final to Aberdeen would be 'unacceptable'. And Plastic Bertrand is startng to get pelters, too.

Poor dears. It must be awful when you believe it's your right to win every game and then you don't.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

RangersMedia is amusing. 'I despise this group of players'. Losing the LC cup final to Aberdeen would be 'unacceptable'. And Plastic Bertrand is startng to get pelters, too.

Poor dears. It must be awful when you believe it's your right to win every game and then you don't.

There's no right to win every game though you could argue that there should be a level of competency and professionalism.

You'll obviously get complaints about selections and performances,  it's what football fans do. I decided to watch it when I got in last night, I wish I'd stayed blissfully ignorant and went to my bed.

13 hours ago, Left Back said:

Cifuentes, Danilo and Lammers look like they’ve won a raffle to be pro footballers.  I’ve seen lowland league players with far more ability than them. 

Add Sterling, Dowell and Dessers to that. Along with losing Morelos, Kent and Arfield for zero and making an arse of the option to buy for Tillman, having Beale as joint manager and DoF has been a disaster for Rangers.

For me what the results against Aris from Cyprus highlights more than anything else is just how spineless and totally inept our Scottish Premiership teams are. Aris went into the two games against Rangers with absolutely no fear of the Old Firm, were not scared of the blue Rangers jersey, were not intimidated by an Ibrox full house.Their players were NOT beaten before they started unlike Old Firm Premiership rivals who invariably write off all points against Celtic and Rangers and sit back and attempt to keep the score down both home and away. It is truly pathetic. Aris are a team probably much smaller than Hibs , Hearts and Aberdeen. They don’t have a big European pedigree in fact I suspect they will have rarely qualified previously. What this highlights is that Rangers and Celtic for that matter are very modest performers when you start to apply some reality to the proceedings. 

Teams like Hearts, Hibs etc need to look at what Aris did and apply a dramatic change of outlook or continue to allow the OF to build up embarrassingly large points deficits by Xmas every year.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AJF said:

No idea what kind of line up to expect for tomorrow. Potentially Sima through the middle with McCausland on the right and Matondo on the left with Cifuentes to start considering his ban for Sunday.

And now Cantwell hasn’t travelled apparently 🙈

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

It would be quicker to list the players who aren't injured. 

How many outfield players are in your squad? St Mirren have a total of 19. 

I remember when Aston Villa won the old English first division (42 games) with 14 players in total. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

How many outfield players are in your squad? St Mirren have a total of 19. 

I remember when Aston Villa won the old English first division (42 games) with 14 players in total. 

Imagine wanting our best players available,  I don't know what I was thinking. 

Fullest apologies. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Imagine wanting our best players available,  I don't know what I was thinking. 

Fullest apologies. 

It was a simple question. I’m not being obtuse.
We all have had injuries to our best players. It affects every club not just Rangers. The diddy club suffer tougher injury problems as they have much smaller squads. 

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It was a simple question. I’m not being obtuse.
We all have had injuries to our best players. It affects every club not just Rangers. The diddy club suffer tougher injury problems as they have much smaller squads. 

I must have read the tone wrong, sorry about that.

Though I'm still not seeing the issue with moaning about injuries.