Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

It’s funny that when you go to bars and restaurants in Rome none of the staff seem to support Lazio and I’ve thankfully not personally seen any masked, chib-wielding bum-stabbers.

It is strange. I was expecting it to be much like most other European cities with 2 or more teams and see a fair representation of all, but it was almost as if Lazio didn’t exist when I was in Rome. Seen several shops selling A.S Roma kit, scarves etc etc, but absolutely nothing of Lazio.

Yeah, imagine going to visit the most famous building in Rome, as well as a Catholic taking the opportunity when in the city to visit the the iconic home of the leader of the Catholic faith, utterly disgraceful, I blame the schools myself. 

Also hopefully going to see the Colosseum and the Trevi fountain, hope that doesn't offend you. 

Honestly man, save your money (and time) and go see the Colosseum etc. I’ve got family members who are the staunchest of kafflicks who found the Vatican to be a huge disappointment and waste of a day. Some of the tapestries are downright disturbing too...

Also worth considering that other than the Vatican, most of the main attractions in Rome are all within fairly easy walking distance of each other.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Honestly man, save your money (and time) and go see the Colosseum etc. I’ve got family members who are the staunchest of kafflicks who found the Vatican to be a huge disappointment and waste of a day. Also, other than the Vatican, most of the main attractions in Rome are all within walking distance of each other.

We have generally stayed away from the city centre area since getting here just in case things get a bit stabby, folk starting to head home today though and not anticipating any issues today, as we fly home tomorrow planning on seeing a few sites today although, truth be told after one or two it will probably revert back to getting pished in some bar.

12 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

In recent memory only Rogic's injury time invincible treble clinching goal at Hampden can be compared to the absolute fucking carnage that ensued after N'tcham's goal, proper old school scenes, limbs everywhere, folk tumbling over rows of seats etc and not giving a f**k, absolutely magnificent, what football is all about 😎

I cant get over it tbh, with Rogic I was there wondering what are we going to have to do after attack after attack, this was strange as all I wanted was the draw. After 90 mins I was staring at the clock pretty much until the ball dropped at Eddies feet so to go from the fear of conceding to winning the game was something else. We were bringing on extra defenders and they were bringing on more attackers so if there was one winner I felt no way it was going to be us. Just talking about it Im away to watch the highlights again.

16 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

IMG_1972.thumb.jpg.ec4b7544bab488a92d8c51bb3dc0d7fd.jpgIMG_1971.thumb.jpg.8937d7fd5c3209b0b2793ca4e0231ef9.jpg

Rod stewart ripping it right out the lazio president is rather amusing.emoji16.png

That's fantastic!  Celtic should appoint a tanked up Rod Stewart as their club ambassador whenever they play a team they don't like just for photo ops like this