Dundee United 2019/2020

Loemba and Aird playing for the Under 20s tonight up against Lochee United. Hopefully both do enough to earn a move to Thomson Park

I was at Thomson Park, Twinkle, and Aird looked ok. I’d take him for the ‘Chee. He got stuck in, took responsibility and organised. There were a few tangerine laddies that shone more than Loemba. Lochee were worth their win.

7 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Thank you to the considerate Dundee fans who have informed us of our U20s score tonight. It’s good to know you care.

It's not all about Utd, it was for the Lochee United fans out there!  

Things were far from great in the pre season games up to East Fife game, but by christ, that result and performance hasn't half knocked the wind out the sails of supporters if this place is anything to go by.

Despondency all around.

Neilson seriously has to get his finger out his arse and start producing results and performances come the ICT game or he'll find himself on a hiding to nothing.

His team now. His responsibility to deliver. Got a feeling it's going to be another long hard slog.

Our Sporting Director has taken to Twitter...

"I have allowed 48 hours to pass and have read the negative comments on what was an admittedly poor result on Tuesday night. It is important that the support understand that the players and staff know that this was unacceptable. Likewise, I believe it is important that the support understand the level of work that is put in by staff and players on a daily basis and know that they know how results like Tuesday night can affect the support.

We are working to create a ‘United’ culture throughout this club. For it to be successful, we want this to extend to the support, who are the lifeblood of this club. While players and staff are not immune to criticism, I believe much of this can be given in a transparent way. We had planned to hold a Q&A session - open to all supporters - early in the season with myself, the Head Coach, two Assistant Head Coaches, the team captain. The main aim of this event is to foster the growth of transparency and belief amongst the fans in the team that we have.

In the wake of the criticism directed at the team following Tuesday night’s defeat, I believe this is all the more important. As supporters, we love the passion and emotion that you show. However, we need that passion behind the team - not against it. For this reason, we will be announcing a date for our Q&A imminently, and I truly hope that the support take this opportunity to listen to their club, and give us the opportunity to listen to you.

During Mark J. Ogren’s tenure, we have shown the desire to listen to the support, and make positive changes to the club that have been suggested by the people who know Dundee United FC best. This season, we are all looking for the same result. With a shared vision and understanding of what we are trying to do, we believe we can unite to ensure all of our aims for this season are achieved.

On a personal level I don’t buy into that this is “the same as before” as the marked changes in the club have increased tenfold and whilst I know this won’t appease everyone we will strive to make sure you have a club you can be proud of."

Edited by stumigoo

On 24/07/2019 at 11:28, coppola said:

I think 4 or 5 is over egging it a bit. I dont know what King is like or what he's been signed for but a centre midfielder who isn't Butcher, Harkes or Stanton is a necessity for me. A centre half and another out and out winger would also be nice but I think we could get by without.

Neck on the line, I actually think we'd win the league with the squad as is but it wouldn't be comfortable or much fun to watch. As of right now, the teams most likely to challenge us have far more glaring weaknesses than we do imo.

If that Dundee Utd team is good enough to win the championship the standard of this seasons championship must be going to be incredibly poor. With the defending your team displayed on Tuesday you would struggle to win a junior league.

Just now, fifer67 said:

If that Dundee Utd team is good enough to win the championship the standard of this seasons championship must be going to be incredibly poor. With the defending your team displayed on Tuesday you would struggle to win a junior league.

Don't be a dick, mate. Nobody likes a dick.

Our Sporting Director has taken to Twitter...
"I have allowed 48 hours to pass and have read the negative comments on what was an admittedly poor result on Tuesday night. It is important that the support understand that the players and staff know that this was unacceptable. Likewise, I believe it is important that the support understand the level of work that is put in by staff and players on a daily basis and know that they know how results like Tuesday night can affect the support.

We are working to create a ‘United’ culture throughout this club. For it to be successful, we want this to extend to the support, who are the lifeblood of this club. While players and staff are not immune to criticism, I believe much of this can be given in a transparent way. We had planned to hold a Q&A session - open to all supporters - early in the season with myself, the Head Coach, two Assistant Head Coaches, the team captain. The main aim of this event is to foster the growth of transparency and belief amongst the fans in the team that we have.

In the wake of the criticism directed at the team following Tuesday night’s defeat, I believe this is all the more important. As supporters, we love the passion and emotion that you show. However, we need that passion behind the team - not against it. For this reason, we will be announcing a date for our Q&A imminently, and I truly hope that the support take this opportunity to listen to their club, and give us the opportunity to listen to you.

During Mark J. Ogren’s tenure, we have shown the desire to listen to the support, and make positive changes to the club that have been suggested by the people who know Dundee United FC best. This season, we are all looking for the same result. With a shared vision and understanding of what we are trying to do, we believe we can unite to ensure all of our aims for this season are achieved.

On a personal level I don’t buy into that this is “the same as before” as the marked changes in the club have increased tenfold and whilst I know this won’t appease everyone we will strive to make sure you have a club you can be proud of."

I’m not quite sure how to feel about this.
On the one hand I think more acknowledgment of the fan base and dialogue and interaction with it is a good idea.
On the other, I think it potentially opens the door to overly reactionary and shouty elements of the support, the likes of which populate Arabs Anonymous.
One thing I think it definitely does is undermine Neilson and his team.
I’m feeling more and more convinced he is on his way out, whether it’s by jumping or being pushed.

26 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I’m not quite sure how to feel about this.
On the one hand I think more acknowledgment of the fan base and dialogue and interaction with it is a good idea.
On the other, I think it potentially opens the door to overly reactionary and shouty elements of the support, the likes of which populate Arabs Anonymous.
One thing I think it definitely does is undermine Neilson and his team.
I’m feeling more and more convinced he is on his way out, whether it’s by jumping or being pushed.

The folk on Arabs Anonymous are either posting to wind people up or absolutely off their heads. 

Think that's a horrific statement to a one off result. You'll have many more shite results this season whether you scoosh the league or not. For the sporting director to come out and issue a 'statement' on Twitter screams amateur-ish to me and of someone that will struggle with criticism.