Dundee United 2019/2020

3 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

just repeating what I was sent. He did say later on, in a conversation that the drawings went from stadium & training facility to just a training facility. Maybe it was a Plan B, I don’t know.

I believe Kilmac is a name made up of its 2 owners. One a Dundee fan, one a St J. Just added useless info

Fair dos. From what I'm aware though, the training ground process planning went further as it's a much easier project - may well be that part of the plan is to segregate it.

I think I'd be worried if we saw that the plans were rearranged and the training ground was being built on the land that the owners have bought (the original plans we've seen had a section of Camperdown that was council owned - the implication being that land would be traded in the form of a curling facility to attach to the ice rink).

None of this will be resolved before Brexit though, they are banking on getting funding overseas but foreign investment right now is at an all time low for these projects. I don't really see anything happening right now apart from the club trying to ramp up the pressure on the council for a bigger stake. These things often take more than a decade to come to fruition if they ever do.

14 minutes ago, harry94 said:

So let me get it straight, some guy who claims that he has no idea about the complexities of the new stadium and training ground developments, even not knowing the very basics of any of the financing, being unsure about things in three vague sentences dooms the project.

For what it's worth, Nelms has admitted publicly that the stage things are at is trying to fight for funding channels. Until that is really resolved one way or another, there's not going to be movement on any of that so it's pointless to discuss unless it's a discussion regarding the financing process.

Shocking post! 

You are implying that all the Dundee fans on P&B who have said that it’s an absolute certainty are being economical with the truth.

That’s a terrible slur.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Shocking post! 

You are implying that all the Dundee fans on P&B who have said that it’s an absolute certainty are being economical with the truth.

That’s a terrible slur.

To be honest, I don't really think there are that many Dundee fans who think it is an absolute certainty, just optimistic and think that the Americans are being sincere considering the amount of money they've poured into buying the site and the process so far.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

DCC are not involved in any way shape or form and wont be.

Safe to say you can file any ITK info from anyone who says they are straight in the bin.

They won't be involved in building the thing or necessarily putting money towards it (unless something did change) but they have always been involved right from the start in terms of the curling facility and training ground.

The ice arena is council owned and there have been tangible discussions about the extension onto the land that Dark Blue Holdings bought. The training ground land is then not owned by Dark Blue Holdings. The parties have had talks on it which were publicised from early on and encouraged the Americans to push onto the early consultation with planning for the land they didn't own. There has never been any objection raised to this.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

To be honest, I don't really think there are that many Dundee fans who think it is an absolute certainty, just optimistic and think that the Americans are being sincere considering the amount of money they've poured into buying the site and the process so far.

How much money have they "poured" into it.

Investing in any sort of land with development potential, for anything, is free money.

As for the process nothing has moved in the process since they paid for some drawings 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

How much money have they "poured" into it.

Investing in any sort of land with development potential, for anything, is free money.

As for the process nothing has moved in the process since they paid for some drawings 2 years ago.

It's only worth anything if a viable plan can be made which can actually get planning permission or be sold at a profit. So far, past owners of that site have had great difficulty in achieving either of that with past proposals for a variety of reasons - trying to create something with city wide significance is their method that they are trying to combat that.

It's done in self interest but putting capital into a holding company and then going through a planning process (your second point is just factually incorrect) is a substantial investment to make for no return. It's much easier and cheaper in the long-run to leave that in one of their investment portfolios if there isn't serious rigour attached to achieve something in a relatively quick time frame. If nothing happened by 2021 in terms of progression on the project, the value of the land needs to have more than doubled (probably near tripled tbh) to make the investment worth it.

13 minutes ago, harry94 said:

They won't be involved in building the thing or necessarily putting money towards it (unless something did change) but they have always been involved right from the start in terms of the curling facility and training ground.

The ice arena is council owned and there have been tangible discussions about the extension onto the land that Dark Blue Holdings bought. The training ground land is then not owned by Dark Blue Holdings. The parties have had talks on it which were publicised from early on and encouraged the Americans to push onto the early consultation with planning for the land they didn't own. There has never been any objection raised to this.

I was responding to the point that it would be DCC or LACD funded.

Of course DCC will have an interest in the planning side and the implications on any DCC facility (whilst the building is council owned it is leased to LACD).

There has been no public  consultation on this yet there has been pre- consultation two years ago.

Any "tangible" discussions would be subject to a committee report. They are not.

In your next point you say my second point is incorrect. In planning terms its not. The process has not even started yet.

Will it? Perhaps. But i would *guess* not for a year or two yet and not at anything like the scale and complexity originally envisaged and back to my substantive point without a penny of public money

3 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Cause we don’t use tickets anymore I would imagine there is a hold up with the printing of them, poor from united however the game is 2 weeks away so don’t see how there is a big deal getting made of it

Possibly because you lot have almost sold out your allocation, we haven't even received our lot yet and there's been an apparent leak already with around 38 Dee's able to purchase tickets due to an apparent mistake.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Possibly because you lot have almost sold out your allocation, we haven't even received our lot yet and there's been an apparent leak already with around 38 Dee's able to purchase tickets due to an apparent mistake.

Thought you got the tickets on Friday? Considering the greeting been going on you’ll sell out your allocation in next to no time anyway?

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've seen that mistake suggested elsewhere. Is there are any substance to this? Looks like some Dees have just bought tickets in one of the home sections. I've seen suggestions that the tickets state "away section" or some such but I suspect that's bollocks. The home tickets that I've seen (for the cup games) didn't specify home or away on them just the stand and seat number.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Thought you got the tickets on Friday?

Considering the greeting been going on you’ll sell out your allocation in next to no time anyway?

The club released a statement on Friday saying you still haven't handed them in. (I have seen one guy say they now have them, though.) 

Tough one, folk got uppity about losing the shed/allocation being slashed so I think a few will try and claim a 'protest' about not going now. 

I could see about 1000-1500 being available for general sale. Hopefully they sell out. 

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I've seen that mistake suggested elsewhere. Is there are any substance to this? Looks like some Dees have just bought tickets in one of the home sections. I've seen suggestions that the tickets state "away section" or some such but I suspect that's bollocks. The home tickets that I've seen (for the cup games) didn't specify home or away on them just the stand and seat number.

It's not bollocks. They were bought on a 'test link' that wasn't supposed to work. 

I now have a ticket for the Jerry Kerr due to it. 

Just now, Dele said:

It's not bollocks. They were bought on a 'test link' that wasn't supposed to work. 

I now have a ticket for the Jerry Kerr due to it. 

Sorry, I'm not following you. Did you buy the tickets yourself from the United website and were you led to believe that they were for the away end? 

Just now, Dele said:

The club released a statement on Friday saying you still haven't handed them in. (I have seen one guy say they now have them, though.) 

Tough one, folk got uppity about losing the shed/allocation being slashed so I think a few will try and claim a 'protest' about not going now. 

I could see about 1000-1500 being available for general sale. Hopefully they sell out. 

Fair dos. All seems like a bit of a stooshie about nothing to me.