Dundee United 2019/2020

41 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The main issue about us playing poorly is that over recent years, we haven't won those games.

I don't think anyone genuinely minds that much if there is the odd game where we play poorly, as long as we win it. Until Arbroath last week, that hadn't really happened under Neilson.

Good point, well made.

As long as Neilson learns from the last two games it’ll go down as nothing more than a minor blip. He’ll be well aware of where we went wrong, I just hope he’s not too stubborn to change things back. I don’t think he was necessarily wrong to try and bring Pawlett into the team but it hasn’t worked out and he needs dropped.

5 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

As long as Neilson learns from the last two games it’ll go down as nothing more than a minor blip. He’ll be well aware of where we went wrong, I just hope he’s not too stubborn to change things back. I don’t think he was necessarily wrong to try and bring Pawlett into the team but it hasn’t worked out and he needs dropped.

I hope you’re right.  Last year he played Safranko as a lone striker game after game, he played Clark out of position continually, he played Sow when he was offering nothing.  He didn’t seem to learn from any of these things.

I thought that someone in the club had spoken to him after the East Fife game and that’s why we saw such a positive change for the ICT game.  If that did happen the advice wasn’t heeded for long. 

Could everyone just settle down a bit? Honestly some of the chat it's like we're 4th in the league. Yes we've not played great under Neilson, but our form with him in charge is league winning form.
Honestly I really want us to get promoted just so or fanbase doesn't take every poor result as a national fucking crisis.
Well said.5 wins out of 6 and sitting top since day one!!!

Surely to christ the MOST important thing is to get the fu.ck out of this league! Would be great to do it the attractive way, but I honestly don't care how we do it. There will be good games and bad games. If we can take 3 points in the bad games, that'll do for me.

I’m hearing that the contract issue with Banks looks like it won’t be resolved.  Maybe one of the ITK Arabs can confirm or deny.

I was very very impressed with what I saw pre-season, I reckon United would be an ideal place for him to develop.  It would sad if his agent has turned his head.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m hearing that the contract issue with Banks looks like it won’t be resolved.  Maybe one of the ITK Arabs can confirm or deny.

I was very very impressed with what I saw pre-season, I reckon United would be an ideal place for him to develop.  It would sad if his agent has turned his head.

Someone posted similar on east football, but another poster then said he’s actually agreed to sign.  So in short, I have no idea!

Anybody know at what point the tickets for tomorrow's match go up in price?
Planning on taking my 4 year old boy tomorrow, but a bit peeved at paying £11 for him (was free at Dunfermline, Stenhousemuir) , but will probably end up going anyway.

Pretty poor show, charging entry for a four year old.......could understand it if it was a capacity crowd game a he would be denying someone a seat but what happened to encouraging kids through the gates ?

4 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Pretty poor show, charging entry for a four year old.......could understand it if it was a capacity crowd game a he would be denying someone a seat but what happened to encouraging kids through the gates ?

I phoned up, wondering if there was a "special rate". But no,  under-18 and adult are the only two rates (presumably born out of this new ticketing system) they have.

Years gone by they had unemployed, student, OAP etc

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

This.

Anybody know at what point the tickets for tomorrow's match go up in price?
Planning on taking my 4 year old boy tomorrow, but a bit peeved at paying £11 for him (was free at Dunfermline, Stenhousemuir) , but will probably end up going anyway.

Don't know if they're still available but would you not be better buying him a season ticket? Only £18 and worth it if he wants to go to a couple more games.