on Television?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The biggest travesty in Scottish football isn't Falkirk not getting promoted in 2003 as 1st thought but the Tennents sixes disappearing from our screens.

They were absolutely fucking epic and if you don't know what they were slap Tennents sixes into You Tube.

The first Tennents Sixes were held in Falkirk I think, Coasters Arena.

The reason it stopped was Tennents pulling out & no other sponsor stepping in.

Halcyon days

I was in an episode of Take the High Road. The storyline was that there was illegal dogfighting taking place on Davie Sneddon's land and the police were unable to get there to stop it. So he got a crowd of locals, including the scouts, to confront them to put an end to it. I was one of the scouts.

I was in the 'Falter' video by Hundred Reasons.  It was filmed on the Sunday at TITP 2002 and you see me in the crowd a couple of times.  It was on YouTube for years but unfortunately it was taken off and now the Japanese version of the video is there only, and of course several live performances of it.

30 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I read that entire OP waiting for the punchline or something interesting to happen and now I just feel absolutely cheated. 

jeez, every c***s a critic these days..was just a it bored at work and didnt realise I was competing in the Turner Book prize. 'Bloke writes Long Post on a General nonsense Forum that isnt that interesting' Shock.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Oh all right then.

Greyfriars Bobby was filmed at Stirling Castle.

I was sleeping in the car while I was responsible for hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of equipment. I was woken by a guy delivering animals for a market scene. As he went about his business I got chatting. Somehow we got on to music and he said he used to be in a band. I asked who and it was The Boomtown Rats. Simon somebody and he'd previously been a farmer. He went back to it after the band and this was a sideline. He was good enough to confirm Geldof is a cünt and that he fucking hated him. My shift finished and I went home. It was only later I realised how surreal it had all been.

Were either of you wearing jammies?

Was on TV for nanoseconds prior to a Morton v Ayr game in 1999. 

It was the last home game and a massive protest was planned against Hugh Scott (who chose to stay away) after unveiling plans to have us groundshare with Airdrie the following season. Football First were looking for comments from fans and my brother volunteered. They slowly panned off me as it became obvious that I wasn't going to say anything.

Ayr won 4-1 and no-one gave a shit. We didn't groundshare with Airdrie.

My ex-wife was in River City apparently. Third passer by on the right or something. Said they are shite at paying extras on time.

My mum saw me standing behind Greg Norman as he lined up a putt during the play off holes at the Open in Troon 1989, she's slowly losing her memory but for some reason she still remembers this and actually mentioned it to me when I phoned her at the weekend.

9 hours ago, microdave said:

I was in an episode of Take the High Road. The storyline was that there was illegal dogfighting taking place on Davie Sneddon's land and the police were unable to get there to stop it. So he got a crowd of locals, including the scouts, to confront them to put an end to it. I was one of the scouts.

What was Mrs Mack like?

I must have been one of the few adults living on Arran in late summer 1996 who didn’t get a job as an extra on The Missing Postman. Having finally got round to watching it recently, it seems that none of the locals survived the editing process.

Archived