on Television?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on a T in the Park advert.

Stopped us in there, I was two days into a binge. Had ma specs and a daft hat on. Also had shave a wee shitey tache into my face for some reason, probably why I made the cut

In 2005, I was working for Aberdeen City Council and had to attend a training course which was being held at a Catholic church just off Union Street. When we stopped for lunch, I went outside for a smoke and saw a reporter and a guy with a camera. I went over to see what was going on, they told me that the Pope had died and asked if I would like to say a few words on camera. Being on the spot, I agreed and havered for 5 minutes or so. The STV six o'clock news came on that night and there I was, commenting on the passing of John Paul II.

4 hours ago, 50/50 Winner said:

In 2005, I was working for Aberdeen City Council and had to attend a training course which was being held at a Catholic church just off Union Street. When we stopped for lunch, I went outside for a smoke and saw a reporter and a guy with a camera. I went over to see what was going on, they told me that the Pope had died and asked if I would like to say a few words on camera. Being on the spot, I agreed and havered for 5 minutes or so. The STV six o'clock news came on that night and there I was, commenting on the passing of John Paul II.

If you didn't say another one will Pope up, you are a complete failure.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Takeshi’s Castle?

IMG_20190330_120304.thumb.jpg.a0f16a3b098fd071b4d06883dc7e8d5a.jpg

It's about the Russo-Japanese war of 1905. I played a Russian sailor POW that was constantly sweeping up the yard!

7 hours ago, 50/50 Winner said:

What colour was the smoke?

I’d just crossed the finish line of a marathon when a TV reporterette shoved a microphone in my face and asked “You’ve just run 26.2 miles. How do you feel?

I replied “I’m fucking knackered love, how about you?

Apparently it went out live.

Was interviewed in the pub with a bunch of ex-pats by Keith Downie for STV News the night before the 2012 Cup final (I lived in Corstorphine at the time but my mate came up from Nottingham, so there we are). 

Anyway it took three takes because my mate was steaming, and I predicted us to win 5 nil. Big thanks to James McPake for embarassing me in front of the entire nation there. 

QURs6An.png

A friend of mine does paid extra work occasionally. It sounds dull but he caught my attention when he said he'd repeatedly had to open a car door for Keira Knightly.

Another friend was in a ball scene in Outlander dressed as an army officer. As he's of Pakistani descent I suspect they weren't aiming for historical authenticity.

I was interviewed by STV on Princes Street on the day of the 2014 referendum. I also recently did an interview on a New Zealand TV travel show about Leith as a tourist destination. They gave me sub-titles.:rolleyes:

Archived