Peterhead 2019-20

The begging bowl is not being passed round other clubs, players and staff, both from Peterhead and other clubs have donated items to be auctioned. Items also donated from Back Onside, a very worthwhile mental health charity, who will also benefit from funds raised

Looking after players would suggest to me as paying for their surgery and rehab not passing the begging bowl around the other teams.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, strichener said:

Are we intending on having a full squad this year?  It is worryingly quiet on the signing front and given that we reverted to having a few loans last year this is concerning.

Would think Jim would know what he needs and will have irons in the fire, think we need 2 or 3 attackers one of whom can put the ball in the net, also a couple versatile defenders. We are pretty well off in the midfield. If it does come to loans would be good to be as lucky with them as we were last year.

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Would think Jim would know what he needs and will have irons in the fire, think we need 2 or 3 attackers one of whom can put the ball in the net, also a couple versatile defenders. We are pretty well off in the midfield. If it does come to loans would be good to be as lucky with them as we were last year.

Or we could revert to the tried and testing 2 defenders, 14 "versatile midfielders", 1 striker and a goalie!  Not a fan of loans as I think it can be more disruptive than having signed players but I would imagine it will probably be a necessity again this season.

9 minutes ago, strichener said:

Or we could revert to the tried and testing 2 defenders, 14 "versatile midfielders", 1 striker and a goalie!  Not a fan of loans as I think it can be more disruptive than having signed players but I would imagine it will probably be a necessity again this season.

Prefer to do without using loans as well but they certainly worked out well for us last season

On 05/06/2021 at 13:47, Blootoon87 said:
On 05/06/2021 at 12:51, airdrieman said:
Any chat or where Steven Boyd is going? 

I think Jim said he wanted to find a full time club. Fair enough.

Signed for Alloa tonight.......any good?

7 hours ago, Craigy said:

Signed for Alloa tonight.......any good?

Boyd and Ben Armour are both decent players on their day. Fitness always seemed to be the problem with both of them.

Even before they signed for us they both had an injury history and never really reached full fitness.

You'll have two good signings if you can get them 100% fit and keep them there.

4 hours ago, peternapper said:

Great news both did well for us last season hopefully they can push on & ready themselves for 1st team action at Dens.

Do you think either have the potential to do that based on what you've watched?

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think either have the potential to do that based on what you've watched?

Josh was injured last season so we never really saw him, Lyall was a stand out during his time with us & some more time learning at our level think he could well play Premier eventually .looking forward to seeing him again. Not sure how Danny Strachan  at Dens but he did well when coming to us later in the season & would be welcome back

2 hours ago, temps15 said:

What was Josh Rae like for you guys, just signed a one year deal with us.

A bit marmite. On his day, he was excellent. Got into the SPFL team of the week. At other times he seemed to lose concentration and make stupid mistakes. One of the games near the end the players just kept the ball away from him and refused to pass it back to him.

If he can work on concentration and confidence could be a good signing.Is he full time?